• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Legislation against the Shanty Town Season in Elvenar Cities

edeba

I was just thinking about prizes for the pit and what if there was something like if you complete the whole pit you get a 10 minute timers, and to a second, you get a 15 minute timer, and do 3rd it goes to 30 minutes, and a 4th it goes to an hour and stays at an hour until the cycle is broken and it goes back to a 10 minute timer.

BrinDarby

Most of these changes fundementally change the FA. If you're
gonna do that, then I say Fix FAs completely. I've seen many
other good changes to FAs suggested in previous threads....

Therefore I agree with @ed1960 , I'm against this proposal.

Iyapo1

I was just thinking about prizes for the pit and what if there was something like if you complete the whole pit you get a 10 minute timers, and to a second, you get a 15 minute timer, and do 3rd it goes to 30 minutes, and a 4th it goes to an hour and stays at an hour until the cycle is broken and it goes back to a 10 minute timer.
How would the cycle be broken? Are you wanting to put a timer on pit rounds?

Iyapo1

The massive shanties are player driven. Asking Inno to put an "end" to the practice is, imo, unfair to the players who love having them. If you dont want a shantytown dont build one. The prizes are crap so there is no reason to do it unless you just want to. Joining (or staying in) a FS that requires shanties is a choice.

Zoof

I very much prefer the shanty town approach to Fellowship Adventures. Sure, there could be a few accidental deletions here or there, but that just keeps you on your toes. @helya , out of curiosity and if you're allowed to say, of all the building restoration requests that you get, what percentage of them can be attributed to "I misclicked while clearing out my FA shanty town" ?

Also, shanty towns signal to your populace that big changes may be coming soon. After all, if you've optimized your space to become the master slumlord, you now suddenly have space to stick things you otherwise wouldn't have thought could go there once you clear it out and make everyone jobless again. Or can get around to finally upgrading that one thing you've always wanted to. Urban renewal at its finest! Though your citizens might not see it that way...

defiantoneks

I dont think there's anything wrong with calling out issues we consider odd, out of place, disadvantageous, or questionable.
sitting here saying "i like how it is" is well and good, but the point of the suggestions forum is to suggest stuff and see how others feel about it.
why come to the suggestions forum to complain about people making suggestions?

defiantoneks

As long as others dont say how they feel about it? Are we back to no talking again?
i guess i just expect it to be constructive, like the suggestion. not just attacking people for suggesting a change.
disagreement is fine, but explaining yourself with a reason that applies to the discussion is more helpful. not assumptions about wanting to make it easy, or assuming the shanty town is supposed to go away altogether. plenty of discussion around alternatives. thats the point.

personally i find it makes no sense to require 10 farmer productions for a single badge when its also 10 productions of tools to get a carpenter badge. the point of the separate badges seems structured to require fewer for longer builds, yet there we are with 3 times longer production with a single badge result. why not suggest a revision that more accurately matches the time : badge ratio?

defiantoneks

So you'd be ok with leaving farmers at ten but increasing carpenter to fifteen?
if it makes sense to the structure of the game, sure.
there are any number of ways to look at it depending on the amount of evaluating you want to do. imo there should either be fewer required for a farmer or more required for carps. or both.
current is:
50 / 10 / 10 / 5
why force it to segments of 5? why not:
60 / 16 / 8 / 4

Palavyn

Alram

Flippers just flip
How many "No" votes get counted as "No" votes if there isn't any place to say "No"? You will get a skewed idea of what is popular if you only record the "Yes" votes.

I don't know why it was taken down either. Maybe at @Lelanya knows.