• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Let new FS members play tourney/spire

Remove the cool down for tournament and spire when players joins a FS

• In Favor

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Not in Favor

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters

BrinDarby

oh I had thought from another post that you could join and play,
but ya had to wait 24 hrs .....

If its just like FAs now, I have no prob with that, its not that hard
to coordinate a FS swap in the 36hrs of deadzone each week.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
36hrs of deadzone each week.
Is that 36hrs correct? I *think* it's 18hrs from the time tourney ends on Saturday until the Spire begins on Sunday.
I definitely could be wrong; I intermittently seem to have an issue with counting...once I counted 1mil, 2mil, 3mil...9mil, 1billion... (counting with the actual numbers, though, not the 'mil') When someone corrected me, I said, yep, you're right, should have been 100mil...nope, still wrong. Apparently I have issues with zeros...

Tehya1

@Darielle I can see your point but personally I would rather risk this than not having new members being able to participate. And if you have the spire perk you may be able to save the gold even if a player leave.
Except that this is easily remedied if the new player waits to defect on a Saturday.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
@Darielle I can see your point but personally I would rather risk this than not having new members being able to participate. And if you have the spire perk you may be able to save the gold even if a player leave.
The spire perk does help, if it was selected the week before that person left. I was talking about the instances when people leave without warning.

As I mentioned in my post, I want the new members to participate. I'm not sure why the first must be tied to the second.

I think it might be good if each person is allowed 63 points no matter what fellowship they are in. For example, They finish high halls in one fellowship and then quit. That fellowship keeps their points. In the next fellowship, they start at the same point as the last fellowship, even though they have not yet contributed points to that fellowship. Then they will continue their journey up the spire and can get gold in their new fellowship, even though only the points made in that fellowship count toward the fellowship goal.

Does that make sense? Course, I don't know how complicated it would be to code.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Or think of another possible situation - if the other members of the FS helped that player reach the top by accepting lopsided trades to give them what they needed to cater, and the player leaves and takes their points with them…

Oh gosh, Sprite, I didn't even think of that nightmare! That would be terrible!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
We are sort of side-tracked here, talking about whether Spire points should stay or go, but all I can say is that they should disappear when someone leaves, or is kicked out, just like the tournament points do. For that matter, in every other game I have played that has guilds/fellowships/teams/etc, and there are events that require being a member to participate, I have never seen even one where any team points earned by a player stay with the group if that players leaves, for whatever reason. And the fact that the tournament works that way, but the Spire does not, have never made sense to me. This was a mistake that Inno made when they introduced the Spire and it needs to be fixed.

hvariidh gwendrot

to quote "the Dude" Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion man :cool: 2 different things can exist inside of 1 game and be different, and there are online combat games, where the kill stats of members who have left, stay with the alliance or guild after that player leaves,because they were there when they did them

Last edited:

defiantoneks

I'm in camp "leave it as is". The coding that would be required to determine which tourney or spire battles were with FS1 vs FS2 would not be worth it.
Frankly, if you're contemplating a move, you should be planning the exit and spending your resources accordingly.
If you're just joining your first FS then the "loss" from that first week is not something you would notice since you werent getting any rewards anyway.

If there's some way that the devs could allow new members who had not just moved (ie first time FS members) to participate immediately, then yay -- maybe some sort of token or voucher the AM could issue? that they get limited numbers of?
The "issue" is with those moving from one to another and wanting no interruption.