• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Let people play events

Deleted User - 1178646

how long ago did they have unlimited quests? I may have experienced one or two before they changed, but can’t remember.
I’m curious in why it failed? I understand putting a lock as the event reaches a close and a certain number of days remain left but to have an almost month long event that some people (who choose to save and use their boosts to complete thing) complete quicker and then can’t really play for the remaining few weeks, I don’t find it entertaining and lose interest.

When we had all quests unlocked at the start people constantly complained that after the event started 2 hours later they were bored and had nothing left to do for the remainder of the event.

We then got unlimited quests, I think it was mermaids Paradise event where we saw people with 10-20 level 10 mermaids paradise, we then got the very first bear event with polar bear, brown bear and panda bear. here 2 people got up to 7 of each bear due to unlimited quests.
It often was the case that the grand prizes where finished and support had to enter the remaining prizes manually.

It wasn't just the grand prizes, I also went form 180 days of time boosters to almost 2 years of timebooster in that event. so even the "normal prizes" where unlimited.

Well that didn't work out well so they got removed again.

The locked quest exists because people complained they wanted something to do during the event, so the episodical questline which releases 1 per day is there for that reason. so there is at least 1 quest to de per day, so people can no longer complain that they are done after 2 hours when an event starts.

Tehya1

I think I know one reason why they ae locking the quests. I was vey disappointed that I saved keys to get a Bonsai Gaden, and not only lost the building, but also the chance to try again. The lock out was exactly as long as the pize was available, which is clearly a manipulation. That was one of my goal buildings. Then I got a pop up offering keys with the purchase of diamonds. So it isnt just about keeping people engaged for the whole event. It is about using peoples disappointment to sell diamonds.

Tehya1

I got one try at the daily today. ONE quest. I chose the sphere with the best chance at getting it, and I didnt and then I was locked out again, for exactly how much time the daily for today is available. How is this fair?? I got ONE quest, then locked out for 23:33, and there was exactly 23:33 hrs left for the daily. How much you want to bet I get another offer for diamonds halfway through that time. This isnt about prolonging the event, at least not for me. This is about keeping me from getting the daily prizes o selling me diamonds.

Dew Spinner

I got one try at the daily today. ONE quest. I chose the sphere with the best chance at getting it, and I didnt and then I was locked out again, for exactly how much time the daily for today is available. How is this fair?? I got ONE quest, then locked out for 23:33, and there was exactly 23:33 hrs left for the daily. How much you want to bet I get another offer for diamonds halfway through that time. This isnt about prolonging the event, at least not for me. This is about keeping me from getting the daily prizes o selling me diamonds.
You Have To Save Up Your Event Currency For The Days You Like The Daily Prize, not spend it as soon as you get it! There is nothing you can do for this Event because you didn't save your currency but you can save your currency in the next event and use it on the days you like the daily prize.

Iyapo1

then I was locked out again, for exactly how much time the daily for today is available. How is this fair?? I got ONE quest, then locked out for 23:33, and there was exactly 23:33 hrs left for the daily.
The daily locked quest and the daily prize unlock at the same time. This is going to happen every 24 hours till the event ends. You get one quest every 24 hours until the event ends.(except the last day that one usually runs more than 24 hours)

Tehya1

Okay, thanks. I have saved keys waiting for the best chance to progress, but apparently I am missing something

Kekune

Okay, thanks. I have saved keys waiting for the best chance to progress, but apparently I am missing something
If you're already on the locked quests, you completed quite a few quests already. You earned keys for all of those quests. It sounds like you spent them promptly - did you get lots of daily prizes before now?

There's a limited amount of event currency (keys) you can win without spending either money or diamonds. It's enough to get plenty of prizes, but you have to choose when to spend it. I'm at the same point you are - locked quests - but have about 2000 keys because I simply didn't spend everything I won.

Dew Spinner

But how do you progress if you dont spend keys?
You progress A LOT on the days you decide to spemd your event currency. You can advance 3 spots a day or 15 spots on the day you save for. Your event currency doesn't expire If there is a great prize that you want on day 11 don't spend your event currency untill day 11 and then you will have lots of event currency to get several of the daily prizes you really want. You can save all your event currency for the very last day and go gangbusters and still make the same progress.

Dew Spinner

Do you still get the grand prizes that way?
Yes, if you have earned enough event currency through out the event from Quests, Daily Log Ins gifts and Pick Ups from around the outskirts of your city and have spent them in an economical way by choosing the best chests and of course there is the luck factor of how many extra event currency that you win from the chest. Don't worry everyone's 1st event is a hot mess, the next event you will be rocking it!

BrinDarby

Elvengems has the info too .....

"play during the entire duration"
Saaarina, are you saying ..... each of the 22 days, you want to be able do
enuff tasks to earn say 500 currency and spend that on chests ???

Might as well look @ this as a paycheck... if you work 5 days a week
and you either get paid ..... daily, weekly, or monthly ( yes some workers
actually get paid monthly ) ...

if you get paid daily, you @least always can buy dinner after you get
off work, as you always have $$$$... even if you can't afford it, you still
have that option. IF then, you then go to the strip club and blow all your
cash, well @least you got some food and wait till tomorrow....
If you get paid weekly, you certainly can do the exact same thing, but then
you will be broke for 6 days, and you'll be broke for 29 days if you do that
and get paid monthly.....

Events work the same way, you can earn your currency really fast, but its up
to you to budget your currency through the whole event....

I'll ballpark currency @ about 5000-6000, Total.... tasks, drops, ect ect
without spending diamonds..... @5000/22days = 227 currency per day.
Once you spend more than that in 1 day, you're spending another day's
currency, thats not replacable unless you spend diamonds/$$$$.

Ive spent 1000+ currency many times and NOT got the daily prize...
It all depends on the RNG, and even the post office costs 400 (16x25),
that is more than that 227, so if you want a guarentee there, you
basically only can play every other day.....

Do I like the current system , no .... but if I ignore it, then I stand
NO chance of having a shot @ the dailies I might want to earn.

would you rather every 3rd task to lock you out till next day, so you're
guarenteed 3 tasks per day.... if so , just do 3 tasks a day from the beginning.

Even the Post office format, that guarentees you 1 daily outta 16 tries...
you still can't play 16 tries every day, unless you spend diamonds/$$$$$.

Tehya1

Brin, are you able to get the grand prizes by limiting how much event currency you spend each day?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I brought this over from the Event thread; looked like this was a better place for it to not get lost in the general discussion:
How do you progress and save keys, ie, get to the next artifact, rune, instant, etc?
As an example, here's what I did in one city:
Decided the building I couldn't live without was the Training Dojo offered on Day 2. At the time I made my plan, it had not yet come around again in beta, so I planned out how to complete all the sequential quests asap to have as many keys as possible to spin for as many of those as I could get. I ended up completing the sequential quests in ~5hrs after my first log in, well before the end of the first day (8pm for me; I'm in the US and Eastern time zone). So, I hit the locked quests before the first playing day ended and had to wait a few hours for it to open. The same time it opened, the daily prize switched to the Dojo.
Since I also want as many Grand Prizes (GP's) as possible, I used a guide (it takes into consideration the probability of winning more keys in a chest) for the best chests to get the most Star Dust possible. For this event, here's what the guide (from @TomatoeHu 's event spreadsheet) I'm using says:
CHESTS(math)
3919.5 (39/2)
8420.66 (84-(200*0.11)/3)
5622 (56- (100*.12)/2
16222.4 (162-(250*.2))
5523 (55-(100*.09)/2)
8124 (81-(150*.06)/3)
3324.5 (33-(50*.17)
3026.5 (30-(50*.07))
For folks that don't care about the GP's, there's probably a better way to optimize chests based on the probability of the daily prize/probability of more keys, but I don't have access to one of those for this event.
I got 5 of those Dojo's on day 2. I spun again for a couple Pond of Autumns (whatever day that was), and the next time I spin will be the next time the Dojo appears. Then, I'll wait until the next to the last day (I'd rather have the Calligraphy than the Bonsai which is the last day's prize) to spend whatever I have left. There's no extra Star Dust for spending the keys daily; you get the same amount of Star Dust (thus same number of GP's) whether you pick the chest on the first day or the last day. I'm spending my time working on my city and doing each daily quest.
The only issue with not getting all 7 artifact GP's is when the probabilities end up where I'm one of those poor souls on the low end of the curve. But, as long as you're in an FS that completes one path per stage of the Fellowship Adventure that (usually; will know for sure when it launches on beta this time) follows the event, you'll get 2 more artifacts from that. 5 from the GP's, 2 from completing all the quests, and 2 from the FA will let you evolve the Red Panda to level 10 (it's lvl 1 when you get it).

BrinDarby

Brin, are you able to get the grand prizes by limiting how much event currency you spend each day?
I sure am.... For this event, just like Sami , all I really care about is the Dojo, and getting @least 260
points, even if thats not enuff for Silver.... I'd be thrill'd with 280, but thats up to the RNG... Just as
Sami said, I'm also using the charts to determine which chests best sync with my goals......
I'm playing GP + 1 daily , strategy.....

So day 2, and day 15 I'll play, then I'll play day 22 to use any remaining currency.....
In order to reduce variancy in the RNG, you need to play bigger chunks of currency
in a row.... I don't mean play bigger chests, I mean play a block of like ohh, 1000
currency all in 1 sitting, while still choosing the best chests , per your strategy.....

Also remember, I'm just talking about this event or any "chests" event, not Fog or
Post office, because I approach those differently.

I totally agree, I wanna log on each day, and play some too. The once a day tasks
once your lock'd out, bug me too .... but I learned to budget my currency and to
plan ahead on which days I wanna play. Its pretty hard to make lemonade if all
ya get is oranges....

Does not matter............... if you collect your GP prizes as you win them , or all @ once
15 minutes before the event ends, unless you went to a new CHapter, and in that case
you'd have waited to collect anyway.....lol

The only limit to GP prizes is how much Total currency you use, and that darn RNG.
Certainly not when you use that currency...