• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Let people play events

Saariana

I find it very poor as well as frustrating that players who advance quickly through the event aren’t really allowed to play through the full event.

What is the point of restricting not only the number of quests that can be completed but putting a time delay on them? We’re going to win too many of the increasingly poor rewards if we’re allowed to play for the full duration? Does it really matter if we get more than one of the event buildings or Level Ups?

The prizes for everything, including the Spire have just gone down hill and are not worth the resources to participate anymore. Spend thousands of resources, army units, supplies and coins to get…oooooh, a 20% coin refill? Give me a break! I’m becoming increasingly disappointed with this game the longer I play.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The great thing is you don't have to play the events or the Spire or the tournament. Thus, you don't have to receive any of those rewards that have "just gone down hill and are not worth the resources."

AJ

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
What is the point of restricting not only the number of quests that can be completed but putting a time delay on them?
It's to keep players engaged for the 22-day event. If you could blast through all 75 quests in a day then there would be less incentive to log in multiple times, and the simple formula for F2P games is
More time online = more revenues
Players cannot spend diamonds when offline, nor can they interact with other players which in a very roundabout way makes inno money too.

Saariana

Yes, bc some people have a zoo of Bears and now we can't have more than one of nice things anymore.
Lol, sounds like something I might say when my kids break stuff!
At least if you can’t use them they can be exchanged for spell fragments, though, right? They don’t even have to give the main prize if you already have it, I just want to keep earning more of the buildings and the smaller rewards.
When I first joined, the events yielded some really good stuff and it just doesn’t seem that way any longer.

Saariana

It's to keep players engaged for the 22-day event. If you could blast through all 75 quests in a day then there would be less incentive to log in multiple times, and the simple formula for F2P games is
More time online = more revenues
Players cannot spend diamonds when offline, nor can they interact with other players which in a very roundabout way makes inno money too.
I play like crazy during the first few days to make sure I earn all the level ups for the main building because I have missed out by playing slow before. Now I get put on time-out and I DON’T log in nearly as much for the rest of the event.
I don’t even care if I get another main prize building but I would like to be able to play for the full duration of the event and continue earning the other buildings and smaller prizes. It seems very counterproductive to the formula you describe.

HonuMoana

I prefer to rush the mainline event quests, and then sit back and enjoy the daily quests one-by-one. I am still playing the event all the way to the end. I don't like the constant quest niggling and just get it out of the way. In my main city, I hit the dailies last week. Some folks play it other ways. Also, early chapter cities will probably not be able to pull this off, unless they bend over backwards and put their cities into full rebuild mode. I think it is fair that the events have a balance that still lets beginning cities have a crack at completing them. I will also state that the current Autumn event seems quite fair. The quests are generally beneficial overall, and my rush has given my city a lot back in return. Kudos to the designers from me.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
You have been playing this game for over a year longer than when this style of event was started, where you have just one quest a day after catching up. Is this the first time you have completed the quests quickly enough to get to the locked quest?

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
The issue with unlimited is well, that it's unlimited.
There is no limit on how much you can earn

I have been advocating for years for another event setup.
In my vision there will be a city brance (another tiny event city) this city is unique with it's unique production. maybe even with some obstacles to make it challenging to optimise your production. as you need to place buildings and roads around those obstacles.

You have for example a production chain for candy and candy then is you event currency.
Example: sugar factory and a color factory creating the goods required for a candy factory
This is also "unlimited" but it also has a soft cap, as time and space creates a event contraint that limits the amound you could aquire.

It also opens up possibilities to earn more money, besides buying straight out candies, as you might create 2 premium event expansions (to be bought each event) or other premium features (remove 1 obstacle for x diamonds) as some example.

unfortunately they never considered this concept for events. but came up with unlimited quests which failed miserably.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I don’t even care if I get another main prize building but I would like to be able to play for the full duration of the event
You are playing for the full duration of the event. The event has a certain number of prizes and opportunities to win. Those are fixed. If you finish all the dailies, you will have a shot at everything. There isn't anything that you are unable to do during this event, except to finish all quests at once. Inno has decided that it would not be fun for players to finish all quests on day one or two and then have to wait a month doing nothing while the people in their fellowship are still working the event. I think you'd find it boring if you did everything on day one and then twiddled your thumbs for the rest of the month while your teammates were still high fiving each other on the prizes that they just won that day. Wouldn't you feel left out then? I would. This is probably the best balance that they can come up with. But if people keep complaining about it, I fear that they'll just switch to a fixed number of quests per day from the start. I think that would be less fun than this is.

Dew Spinner

You are playing for the full duration of the event. The event has a certain number of prizes and opportunities to win. Those are fixed. If you finish all the dailies, you will have a shot at everything. There isn't anything that you are unable to do during this event, except to finish all quests at once. Inno has decided that it would not be fun for players to finish all quests on day one or two and then have to wait a month doing nothing while the people in their fellowship are still working the event. I think you'd find it boring if you did everything on day one and then twiddled your thumbs for the rest of the month while your teammates were still high fiving each other on the prizes that they just won that day. Wouldn't you feel left out then? I would. This is probably the best balance that they can come up with. But if people keep complaining about it, I fear that they'll just switch to a fixed number of quests per day from the start. I think that would be less fun than this is.
Bite your tounge! LOL I would love to be able to focus on growing my city without constant distraction from constant events and FAs and no I wouldn't feel left out because others in my FS were still doing the event. I would be secretly saying, suckers, should have finished it sooner!!

Tehya1

I just did one or two quests and was locked out again, and guess how long I am locked out? Exactly 22:04 hrs, or the time that the daily is available.

Dew Spinner

I just did one or two quests and was locked out again, and guess how long I am locked out? Exactly 22:04 hrs, or the time that the daily is available.
I know the locked quests are frustrating but you have to save your event currency for the daily prizes thet you really want and then being locked doesn't affect you that much. Here is a site that will list all the daily prizes with accurate info, that way you can save for prizes you really want... All Events (idavis-elvenar.github.io)

Saariana

You have been playing this game for over a year longer than when this style of event was started, where you have just one quest a day after catching up. Is this the first time you have completed the quests quickly enough to get to the locked quest?

it’s not the first time I’ve reached the locked quests, it’s just the first time I was finally bothered enough by it to register for the forum and vent.

Saariana

The issue with unlimited is well, that it's unlimited.
There is no limit on how much you can earn

I have been advocating for years for another event setup.
In my vision there will be a city brance (another tiny event city) this city is unique with it's unique production. maybe even with some obstacles to make it challenging to optimise your production. as you need to place buildings and roads around those obstacles.

You have for example a production chain for candy and candy then is you event currency.
Example: sugar factory and a color factory creating the goods required for a candy factory
This is also "unlimited" but it also has a soft cap, as time and space creates a event contraint that limits the amound you could aquire.

It also opens up possibilities to earn more money, besides buying straight out candies, as you might create 2 premium event expansions (to be bought each event) or other premium features (remove 1 obstacle for x diamonds) as some example.

unfortunately they never considered this concept for events. but came up with unlimited quests which failed miserably.

how long ago did they have unlimited quests? I may have experienced one or two before they changed, but can’t remember.
I’m curious in why it failed? I understand putting a lock as the event reaches a close and a certain number of days remain left but to have an almost month long event that some people (who choose to save and use their boosts to complete thing) complete quicker and then can’t really play for the remaining few weeks, I don’t find it entertaining and lose interest.

Saariana

That’s exactly what I’m saying is that it’s boring after I get to the locked quests and have 2+ weeks left of the event. I’d still like to try earning the smaller prizes.