• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Let the flood of newbies begin!

DeletedUser

There are cities out there that were made just because players from other servers (like Beta, the International server, etc.) wanted to be able to post on this forum, so they're not all noobs that quit after a week. Or a couple of hours.

DeletedUser11948

There's been ads on other networks for a little while now, and there hasn't been a flood yet. Or, at least, not of any that have stuck around beyond discovering that the battle aspect is not as advertised. ;)

Yeah, I am on chapter 4 and have been waiting for battles to become plausible since chapter 2. All my "Very Hard"'s have become "Easy" but I still can't win a fight without losing most of an army. Once I have lost all my troops I have to spend days building them up enough to fight again. The only success I have with battles is in tournaments. This can win you glory but does not help one to progress in the game. Sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desurfur

Yeah, I am on chapter 4 and have been waiting for battles to become plausible since chapter 2. All my "Very Hard"'s have become "Easy" but I still can't win a fight without losing most of an army. Once I have lost all my troops I have to spend days building them up enough to fight again. The only success I have with battles is in tournaments. This can win you glory but does not help one to progress in the game. Sigh.

Same here , except after scouting around 6 easy provinces, the rest all reverted to hard after that. So now focusing more on building/streamlining my city to maximize my space, and scratch out a battle or two in a province now and again and hitting tournaments hard when the reward relic is for one of my boosted goods

DeletedUser11948

scratch out a battle or two in a province now and again and hitting tournaments hard when the reward relic is for one of my boosted goods

Good advice. I also realized that if I keep upgrading my military stuff I can afford to lose troops. Its all about patience.

kctanzen

Good advice. I also realized that if I keep upgrading my military stuff I can afford to lose troops. Its all about patience.

Also .. take a looksie at some of the links others have posted, or go to gamersgemsofknowledge.com and review the tournament tips.
The notes from there really helped me get a leg up understanding what units / mix of units works best against others and what enemies are the most dangerous / need attention first when I manually fight.

I noticed a *big* difference in my fighting success when I got reliable heavy melee units (treant, my city is elven). I only have earned one event building making a paltry number of Valorian Guards, which are even better than my treants.

DeletedUser14960

hI again

I am a NEWB and have a crap load of dead players around me .

so are you saying that every so often they get cleaned out and refreshed

woohoo

i need new and better Neighbors

I am in a fellowship but i think my arch mage is also DEAD LOL

Keith

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
hI again

I am a NEWB and have a crap load of dead players around me .

so are you saying that every so often they get cleaned out and refreshed

woohoo

i need new and better Neighbors

I am in a fellowship but i think my arch mage is also DEAD LOL

Keith
There is an automated system for deleting 'dead' cities and moving active ones closer to the center of the map. You'll know they've started in your area of the map when you start seeing the dead cities change to 'gold mines'. I started in a dead spot in March, and it took until mid-July to get moved. Go into your settings and make sure you check the 'move me as soon as you can' (or whatever it actually says, lol) box so you can get in the rotation asap. There are metrics for which cities are safe from deletion even if it has been over 30 days since they logged into that city (like belonging to an account with a purchased diamond balance over a certain number). Those usually belong to someone who is active in another world and only plays their 'baby cities' when they are in a very slow chapter. Or, it could be one someone started to test out something that has changed for early players so they can answer questions about those changes. There are players with active cities in several worlds, but I don't know how they keep up with all of them!
I'm in a great FS, but when I first joined, I had some of those thoughts about our AM, too. Turns out, she was dealing with real life issues (medical, I think) and trying to keep up because she founded the FS. After a couple months, she passed the AM torch to one of the other Mages who had been trying to help her keep it going. She maintains mage status and will into infinity regardless of how often she is able to play (sometimes won't be around for a couple months). Our membership hasn't dropped below 23 in months, and we've held steady at 25 now for almost 2 straight months. There's a couple of those that will likely be gone shortly due to inactivity, but we'll replace them fairly quickly if our history holds.
It's perfectly okay to leave an FS and join another. I think there's a short waiting period (?1 day), and I wouldn't do it during Fellowship Adventures if you like those events, but players' needs change over time and there's always someone coming or going. A short note to one of the mages when you leave saying you are looking for a better fit is nice, but not necessary. Can't tell you how many have left the FS since I joined last March, but there have been quite a few. Only 1 or 2 left a message with their reasons and those were folks leaving the game entirely, usually due to real life.

DeletedUser14960

I don't want to move as I have some real big helpful neighbors

I would just like it if a few of the dead players where cleaned out around me

I have had to make a paper list of those i help and those i don't need to help, ie the dead ones and also those who do not return the help.

Its all good fun .

I am picking things up quick and growing fast .

Thanks again

Keith

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I don't want to move as I have some real big helpful neighbors

I would just like it if a few of the dead players where cleaned out around me
Then, as long as that setting is UNchecked, you'll be left where you are. The cities that have not yet reached a certain lvl and are not connected to an active account with a diamond balance will eventually get deleted and either you'll get new cities or someone whose boosts match those of the deleted city and wants to be moved may get moved there.

DeletedUser14960

Then, as long as that setting is UNchecked, you'll be left where you are. The cities that have not yet reached a certain lvl and are not connected to an active account with a diamond balance will eventually get deleted and either you'll get new cities or someone whose boosts match those of the deleted city and wants to be moved may get moved there.

As soon as i read your post I had a look, and I had it checked not realy knowing what it was.

It is now unchecked and I will keep it that way as of now i do not want to be moved ,like i a say I have some very nice neighbors at the moment .

Thanks for letting me know

Keith

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
As soon as i read your post I had a look, and I had it checked not realy knowing what it was.
It is now unchecked and I will keep it that way as of now i do not want to be moved ,like i a say I have some very nice neighbors at the moment .
Thanks for letting me know
Keith
The idea behind player movement is that as inactive cities are deleted, everyone who is active moves together towards the middle of the map.
If you have some good neighbors that you like and decide to have your box unchecked, you really should ask them if theirs are also unchecked.
I have spoken with a few players who unchecked the box to stay in their good area only to be left behind in the latest wave of player movement.

The player movement system has its flaws (mostly that it isn't run often enough), but if everyone unchecks the box, it doesn't work at all.

Last edited:

DeletedUser14960

Thank you

I will ask my local local neighbors to see how things are in my neighborhood .

It would be a shame to lose them or get left behind .

Kinda makes ya feel like a stale cookie left on the shelf to get eaten up by the vermin .LMAO

Its only a game I keep telling myself .

CHEERS

Keith