• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Let's get real with the events

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1129352
  • Start date

Deleted User - 1129352

I put this in as a ticket, my apologies.
Just a quick message to let you know of my frustration with the way you have been making these events recently. The requirements are way out of line for the minimal rewards. You require on one level two scoutings; that would take 4 days and more for us upper level players. Another example would be 2 researches that would take me a couple of weeks if not months to complete. there are more. I realize I don't have to play them if I don't want to but why do you have them if we can't really play them? Several of the people in my different fellowships are so frustrated they are talking about quitting and it is getting others feeling likewise. Please in the future try and keep them realistic and fun. (NOT EASY just FUN!)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Honestly when advanced players complain that event quests are too hard, and there's not enough time,

If you only scout when you need to unlock a chapter soon, or for events, your scout times will be nice and quick, so events should be easy.
I don't want to do that, I want expansions, so I explore when I feel like it.
I totally get it. Did you keep a couple of scouted provinces open since events are running almost all of the time?
Negative. That's not my style.
Ok, no problem. Since you have explored more than we balanced for, you should have lots of space to use for buildings that speed up other parts of the event, right?
Nope, I used all the space for guest race buildings.
Of course, no worries- you can just use some of the instants we gave you to help your scout along.
No can do, I used em all.
I see, well that might make it more challenging, but if you plan ahead and make a few extra log ins you should still be able to get by.
No go there either, I have other things to do.
Well, it's hard for us to accommodate you and still keep it challenging for other players, so maybe you can sit this one out, or if you really want the prize you could spend some diamonds.
You guys have no idea how to design an event!

Last edited:

Deleted User - 1129352

Honestly when advanced players complain that event quests are too hard, and there's not enough time,

If you only scout when you need to unlock a chapter soon, or for events, your scout times will be nice and quick, so events should be easy.
I don't want to do that, I want expansions, so I explore when I feel like it.
I totally get it. Did you keep a couple of scouted provinces open since events are running almost all of the time?
Negative. That's not my style.
Ok, no problem. Since you have explored more than we balanced for, you should have lots of space to use for buildings that speed up the event, right?
Nope, I used all the space for guest race buildings.
Of course, no worries- you can just use some of the instants we gave you to help you along.
No can do, I used em all.
I see, well that might make it more challenging, but if you plan ahead and make a few extra log ins you should still be able to get by.
No go there either, I have other things to do.
Well, it's hard for us to accommodate you and still keep it challenging for other players, so maybe you can sit this one out, or if you really want the prize you could spend some diamonds.
What a rip off! You guys have no idea how to design an event!
I am sorry you have nothing positive to say and clearly know nothing of my situation. One thing though there is a need to scout 2 provinces not clear them out. I always kep 5 - 10 provinces handy for events... I build extra buildings for the 1 and 2 day manufacturing quests and I anticipate the military troops. Please visit someone's city before you post negative replies about them!

SoggyShorts

Please visit someone's city before you post negative replies about them!
I did.
Major events give from 150 to 250 hours worth of timers. If you saved some, you could easily overcome this obstacle.
If you can't time your scouts and use timer boosters, there is an alternative "Upgrade a building"

Your scouts take a long time because you have scouted a lot.
This means you also have a very large city and should be able to place an armory or residence that you can level for those quests instead.
You have 10 more expansions than I do. 250 squares. plenty of room to build a temp armory that stays 4x4 up to level 15.

Aside from all of that, they give you a month to do the event, and no one has scouts that slow.

Perhaps this thread will help:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/how-you-can-make-every-event-easier.13069/#post-69764

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
My scouting takes 70+ hours now. Even with that I had this event planned out so that I could use scouting instead of upgrading and finish the event quests. It was not going to be easy but with planning I could do it. I had close to zero room & population when the event started so I couldn't build a new building. I did get lucky enough to finish upgrading all of the Amuni buildings so I could sell off the prestige buildings and have the room and ability to add population and do upgrades instead of the scout 2 province ones or the research 2 techs.

Don't get me wrong. I was very frustrated when I looked at the quest list at the beginning of the event. Just happy I could plan it out for those 3 days each scout and hold open tech research I was doing anyway for when I needed them.

Deleted User - 1129352

thanks for the advice! You two are missing the point: the requirements needed are way out of line for the trivial rewards and make it no fun

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
thanks for the advice! You two are missing the point: the requirements needed are way out of line for the trivial rewards and make it no fun

To the contrary, I don't think it is trivial to gain reasonably sized culture/pop buildings with enough pop already to not have to buy 2 magic residences. For me it is going to take a whole lot of pop to do my upgrades & additions when I sell off the Amuni buildings.

SoggyShorts

the requirements needed are way out of line for the trivial rewards
These are the best rewards since winter 2016, arguably the best rewards ever.

Set #1 Is like getting 6 free expansions and is very easy to get with just 4 daily buildings needed.
Edit:I forgot the culture needed in this one, so more like 7 or 8 expansions saved
50k vs 81k.png
Or if you go hard on it and get 9 daily prizes it's like getting 20 free expansions
3 of ea harv.png

Set #2 is the equivalent of a max level T2 and two max level T3s. It's like getting 22 Free expansions.
kirit2.png

The Portal Profit building can potentially remove the need to build any guest race buildings other than the portal. A savings of about 20 expansions.
Chapters require between 3x and 7x level 4 portal capacity. A single Portal Profit building produces 1.25x portal capacity.
In other words getting 6 Portal profit buildings allows you to completely skip an entire chapter's guest race goods requirements.

"Trivial rewards"? I think not.

Last edited:

dikke ikke

This is my first event in a log time that i run really low on space, planning 48 hours T1 and 24 hours WS ahead is hard if you only can connect 3 buildings to a road. So I am trying to develop my city further, progress in the tech three, progress in the quest line (these 50 devine street take for ever), making a score in the tournament and have a life. I will upgrade 2 residences instead of scouting 2 provinces, it will take me 20 hours or something in stead of 120. It is challenging not frustrating :p

Deleted User - 1129352

for me there really hasn't been an equitable reward since the spheric stub. I still have it in one of my cities

SoggyShorts

for me there really hasn't been an equitable reward since the spheric stub. I still have it in one of my cities
Interesting choice. For many players, pure culture buildings are the least desirable. Supplies and coins are so plentiful, mana is more important, and something like this event's set buildings that give you back massive amounts of space are far more valuable.

Even if pure culture is your thing, you could get one of the sets, replace some factories and use the 7-20 empty expansions to place whatever culture you want.

DeletedUser2768

I'm trucking along, slowly, and I'm already over halfway through the quest list. Yes, I've used a few instants because I was impatient, but I have them to spare. They've all just been sitting in my inventory, unused, since I've gotten them. I've even screwed up at least once in this event and totally mistimed something.

I haven't enjoyed an event since....um....maybe the first bruback (valentine's) quest. I hated when they started requiring non boosted T1 goods as part of the quests. Now I'm over it. They're so small compared to the rest of the buildings in my cities, that it doesn't bother me like it used to.

Deleted User - 1129352

i did not say I was having trouble I will finish event early. What I said was that the prizes are not on the same level as what is required.

SoggyShorts

i did not say I was having trouble I will finish event early. What I said was that the prizes are not on the same level as what is required.
I still can't really agree with that. This event is not the hardest nor the easiest. Pretty much average and yet the rewards are more powerful than any previous event.

What would be an appropriate prize in your opinion?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
the prizes are not on the same level as what is required.
If that is your assessment of the prizes in the current event, and they have the best rewards/square of any buildings I've seen since I started playing, I can't imagine what your opinion has been of the previous event prizes offered. Since they were so much worse, have you skipped all events until now maybe?

Deleted User - 1129352

what a bunch of rude replies a simple intelligent conversation is all i wanted but this hostility is amazing.
the speric stub 4x4 and 6900 culture points! wow that was worth working for way down there. the pond of recreation 5x6 didn't even come close. the events then were not as nearly time consuming as they are at present. now considering I need a quarter of a million to nearly half a million mana to do just about anything and population is always a concern as well as culture (to a lesser degree for me anyways) I would like a 6 x 6 or less, 7k culture or 5k pop, 200 mana per hour collectable after say 6 hours and maybe some seed production thrown in for good measures. oh It looks like there is another item introduced in the current final chapter maybe one that produces more than the seed farms from the last couple of events. not to mention a 3x3 building to boost the new t1 and t2 productions. for me, the grand prize now falls way short stand alone I would like to see about1 or 2k more for both pop and culture
I do not expect or want anyone to agree with me but please be polite! my goodness this is just a game.