• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Let's get real with the events

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1129352
  • Start date

Laochra

;):p:DDid someone say......CAKE???
images

bkbajb

I do not care about the set buildings for this or the last couple of events but there are items that I could use and have won them. In the beginning of this event I was getting a lot of 14 hour time reductions which at first frustrated me until I realized that Inno gave me the tools to complete this event, which I did 2 days ago. As Soggy said, they give you a month and with careful planning I found this to be a very easy event to complete. I see when people get frustrated they are all quitting. Come on, really? You have invested countless hours and perhaps money in a free game. Enjoy your temper tantrum but maybe in the future take that energy and channel it into succeeding.

The Unbeliever

BTW how can a burning man be cool, sounds like a contradiction to me:p
That's obviously because you never graduated from the official "Gamer's School of 'Kill it with FIRE!'" :p

...where I also earned a master's in "There is no such thing as Overkill - only making damn sure it's really, really, Really DEAD"!

DeletedUser17455

I'm very early in the game still, but when I see a two day item is needed, or a 12 hour scout, I start it early so that it finishes when I need it to. In theory I think you could do this even with a seventy hour quest. Make a plan, look at the upcoming quests and start those scouts three days early.

Different players have different needs, so maybe the rewards are not great for your city, but I'm very excited about the day set. It's possible that Inno doesn't do a great job of supporting the playstyle that you've chosen, but that doesn't mean they aren't taking the events seriously.

I don't want to sound like a know it all, I'm a total noob just starting dwarves. So maybe it is going to get much harder for me soon and I'll have to eat my words. For me it is a mystery when players with four times my score can't finish these events. (literally a mystery, no judgement I just don't know how that can be. I finished yesterday)

DeletedUser2768

For me it is a mystery when players with four times my score can't finish these events. (literally a mystery, no judgement I just don't know how that can be. I finished yesterday)

For some of us (me!), math is hard (I have mathematical dyslexia) and it's nearly impossible to do the correct math to get the scout to finish when you need it to, but still give yourself time to collect the stuff before the scout, and also plan in sleeping, kids' extracurriculars, and life in general. This will be the first event in a LONG time I'll be completing. I have 13 quests left in two of my cities, and 10 left in my other city. The hang up for me, right now, is the time needed to upgrades on my chosen buildings.

DeletedUser3507

I did.
Major events give from 150 to 250 hours worth of timers. If you saved some, you could easily overcome this obstacle.
If you can't time your scouts and use timer boosters, there is an alternative "Upgrade a building"

Your scouts take a long time because you have scouted a lot.
This means you also have a very large city and should be able to place an armory or residence that you can level for those quests instead.
You have 10 more expansions than I do. 250 squares. plenty of room to build a temp armory that stays 4x4 up to level 15.

Aside from all of that, they give you a month to do the event, and no one has scouts that slow.

Perhaps this thread will help:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/how-you-can-make-every-event-easier.13069/#post-69764

Really @SoggyShorts I know I have a few blank spots but chapter 13 takes no much dang space it ridiculous that why I abandoned quest line. And still these set buildings suck alot that's why I buy most of my culture.

@Laochra send cake plz...:)

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
chapter 13 takes no much dang space it ridiculous
Chapter 13 = 472 squares
Chapter 12 = 456 squares
Chapter 11 = 393 squares
Chapter 10 = 372 squares

I'm not seeing anything surprising here, I'm guessing chapter 14 will be about 500 squares.

13% of your city for guest races doesn't seem that unreasonable to me.;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser5806

The event prizes are more valuable at different stages of play. I agree this event has more interesting choices. I usually have several I never placed and I am now able to replace old (less valuable ones). I don't worry about getting everything I want - like an all you can eat buffet. More is not better.

I try to not "over scout" but limited space dictated otherwise. The first rebalancing of the AWs I experienced (for the greater good) cost me dearly in reduced population. Forcing me to Scout & buy expansions. The more advanced players loved the change. The last rebalance, I did get a magic residence which helped a lot. My Scout time is 40 hrs.

SoggyShorts

@jps54
If you haven't finished the event yet, I recommend selling your 2 grape farms. You can use the space to finish the event in 2 days and then build the grape farms again.
It will only cost some seeds and a handful of coins.

SoggyShorts

I gave up on event really I got what I wanted so no point continuing
Did you get the first grand prize?
  • Temple entrance (Oct 13)
  • Harvest Storage (still coming)
  • Corn sanctuary (grand prize #1)
If you use that to replace a planker you get
+30,000 Tier 1 per day
+5,250 culture
+8,469 population
+2 squares of space

If you are worried about a drop in ranking, I'll fit it into your city without deleting any buildings, and you can just take the +46,000 Tier 1 per day

EDIT:
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/4b4f1a202e074373ba09c051e43f7234/

There it is. Just place the temple and storage behind your corn and done.
Bonus points if you manage to grab a spirit of krarak for the other set for a bunus 18,300 silk per day

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

You remember my dislike of set building, so that said pooh on event...:)
I understand that you didn't like set buildings before, but now that they are 1,000% better, still no likey?

I mean you already placed the corn sanctuary, so now we are talking about using 9 squares (that are currently empty) to increase your daily Tier 1 production by 28%.

Or with the shrine of krarak we are talking about 1 single square to increase silk production by 18,300 per day! That's 18,300 silk per square!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

ONE square to increase your T2 production by 10%!!!!!!!!!!!

LoL surely you can't hate set buildings so much to ignore that:p

DeletedUser3507

I am more interested in there cultural value, not there production, and their cultural values for a person in Chapter 13 it sucks beyond belief. 1660 culture for Corn, 2600 for Knit, if it wasn't for the pop, I would not have even bothered to place them. For us in Chapter 13 this is more of an insult than help so the jokes on us for using them.:D It took me over 300k of excess culture to even have a default bonus of 160%, so maybe now you see my point goods are really useless, culture is what I look at. For the average player that does not buy premium culture this is an insult....In my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8946

Really, really not fond of this event. I missed literally every prize I tried for except today's, the 2x2 mana producer. And that was only because I still had Double Sun Flares. I'm hoping I can accumulate enough Moon Shards to be able to get the Wishing Well and the second Grand Prize, but that's really optimistic.

dikke ikke

I finished the sequential quests 3 days ago so i could finally sell the few extra building i used to make space for my level 4 temple (portal). So far I have been lucky with the daily prices that i wanted, just going completely for set 1 and i hope that by the time i have that there is still 1 double flare day so i can get all main prices. Then i can finally replace my remaining set building of last Winter and Spring event. All i have to focus on now is the tech three and the story quest line until after the event when there will be an FA for sure

SoggyShorts

, so maybe now you see my point goods are really useless, culture is what I look at.
Nope, I'm afraid I don't understand at all.:confused:
If goods are useless, why not replace some of your 23 factories with culture buildings?
If culture is what you care about, then why not replace a factory that costs you culture with a set that gives you culture?
If the loss of ranking bothers you then why not replace some culture with pretty much anything else?

What is the reason for wanting 160% culture instead of 150%? All it does is change your extra coins per day from 19.5m to 21m and your supplies from 1.3m to 1.4m
I know you said you don't buy KP, so what are you spending that excess 20 million coins on each day? The wholesaler? Just letting it sit capped?

To go from 150% to 160% requires an additional 100,000 culture(link)
Using however much space is needed for 100,000 culture to get 1.5m coins and 100K supplies per day does not seem like a very good investment to me.:(

Last edited:

DeletedUser3507

It took 300k free culture to hit 160%, before this chapter I was at 170% So culture as we go forward does matter alot. And theses set buildings suck for culture.