• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Level (impossible to get on the research tree) 15 Priests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4706

I understand what you are saying ... both of you (making the last comments) ... but, if you search all the way through orc stage AND woodelves stage in the research menu there is no upgrade in the tech tree that would make my forces equal to the ones I am fighting. Even if I was finishing woodelve stage as we speak. At least you guys can look ahead and see advanced archers, priest and paladins and the like - there are no levels of priest upgrades for me to fight the "new" computer one yet. That is what I am talking about. There is no more upgrade for archers (even though my Sanctuary is at level six and my Needles of the Tempest is almost to level four) ... there is no upgrade for the fairy maid like the Thornrose mage I am fighting ... there is no way in the next two chapters for me to get those forces. Are they going to make those forces disappear somehow ???

If you view my city, you'll understand ... maybe, why I am not about to start over and I spend enough time on one city that I am not going to play two at once.

It seems to me that they are punishing/extorting money from the players who have played hard, long and battled through many lost armies. There should be a middle way. That is what irks me the most. It took me ten battles yesterday to win 3 relics. At my troop level on the field that is a lot of armies no matter how you look at it. I trained them, it cost me to have my armories and barracks at the max level for the stage I am in. I upgraded my Sanctuary so much that I had to have a second set of runes to open the level 6 upgrade. How do I get runes if I don't battle? The answer is buy them. I spend some money on the game for my enjoyment and progress but NEVER this much and never to face troops that aren't available to any player on the tech tree.

I guess the answer INNO wants me to come to is buy or wait several months biding my time and collecting supplies upgrading all of my Ancient Wonders while they figure out a way to make my fighters (who are at the max level now) somehow get to a 50% win ratio or somehow, manage to become better on their own??? They can't fight out of a paper bag now. That is a drag on a lot of players who sacrificed a lot of time and effort and armies and knowledge points to learn strategies and how to battle the best with what I have. THIS upgrade has made it all senseless to me.

Thanks for the advice.

DeletedUser3312

The new change that players are NOT to scout farther than Inno decided on mid-game, was planned to slow players down or to force them to pay diamonds to get ahead. Each ring of hexagons is a "ring out from your city" Inno said, you should not scout any farther out than what it takes to open your next scout in the beginning of the next chapter. This has hurt many people as it was a sudden decision made mid game and most all long term players have scouted way past that. As has Main. He is way ahead of where Inno says he should be. So he is facing armies that are way more advanced than he is and this will continue probably until the end of Wood elves for him. This is a regular gripe (and a valid one!!!) of long term players. Scouting was an important way to gain expansions. And expansions are critical to the game. Now you can just scout out so far before the enemies greatly outnumber you and you do not have a prayer of doing much damage to the enemy much less win a battle. I have slowed down on scouting as I do not want to hit orcs in catering. I'm in dwarves and have no way to get orcs at this point. that is another thing created to slow down players. So, you have a choice, slow down or pay diamonds. With all the changes and problems in trying to advance in the game... I don't see many people paying money right now. I know I will not until a lot of things get fixed to make the game a more level playing field for all players.

DeletedUser1174

i just want to clarify something with this thread.
are you all saying that because i have scouted 300+ provinces and completed 280+ of them.
this is why my Tournament rounds are so difficult past round 4 and area 5??? to battle and and the negotiation costs are ridiculous.
i get that yes this is why the province battles and negotiation costs are almost impossible because of the changes to battles that Inno brought in to slow us advance players down.
but this guy Maincbs13 does have a point with regards to the type of enemies facing.
i am in the newest released chapter and all of my troops fail in comparison to the newly being used enemy troops in the tournaments why was there a need to tweak the tournaments with the same paintbrush as the provinces

DeletedUser1174

This is what our fellowship has decided to do in response to these changes and we support your view too Maincbs13
Our fellowship PHOENIX POWER tomorrow will be protesting from 1st November 2016 to 1st December 2016.
At the recent changes made by INNO GAMES with the fighting in both the provinces and in the tournaments and the adjustment between Human and Elven races and tampering with their abilities.
As a fellowship we believe these changes have impacted significantly on the game and on encouraging both current players and new players from enjoying this game and we further believe if things do not change or improve then more players will quit the game than already have.
the majority of us think that the negotiation costs of tournaments are exuberant now and that the Auto fighting option is more like auto killing than fighting and that the battles are too drawn out and take to long to complete.
We would like to request your fellowships to join us in this protest in your own time, we think that if the many protest with us and not the few we may be able to force a change or at least some more favourable response from INNO GAMES just like in real life with a protest we aim for our voices collectively to be heard as we help to pay their wages buy purchasing diamonds on Elvenar.
regards
Mage IW

Buttrflwr

This is what our fellowship has decided to do in response to these changes and we support your view too Maincbs13
Our fellowship PHOENIX POWER tomorrow will be protesting from 1st November 2016 to 1st December 2016.
At the recent changes made by INNO GAMES with the fighting in both the provinces and in the tournaments and the adjustment between Human and Elven races and tampering with their abilities.
As a fellowship we believe these changes have impacted significantly on the game and on encouraging both current players and new players from enjoying this game and we further believe if things do not change or improve then more players will quit the game than already have.
the majority of us think that the negotiation costs of tournaments are exuberant now and that the Auto fighting option is more like auto killing than fighting and that the battles are too drawn out and take to long to complete.
We would like to request your fellowships to join us in this protest in your own time, we think that if the many protest with us and not the few we may be able to force a change or at least some more favourable response from INNO GAMES just like in real life with a protest we aim for our voices collectively to be heard as we help to pay their wages buy purchasing diamonds on Elvenar.
regards
Mage IW
There is a current "boycott" of many FS on diamond purchases..

Again, I am SOOOOO thankful I am relatively new to the game. I could not IMAGINE being where you longer term players are. It would take MONTHS to catch up to the tech tree, or rather the tech tree catch up to you. It is literally taking weeks for me, and I have only been here a month and a half. I am hopeful they will do something to compensate/appease/relieve your inability to play. *hugs*? (Yes, I am a hugger, sorry)

DeletedUser2963

are you all saying that because i have scouted 300+ provinces and completed 280+ of them.
this is why my Tournament rounds are so difficult past round 4 and area 5??? to battle and and the negotiation costs are ridiculous.

No, no one is saying that. What you are seeing in the tournament is the new battle system, each round gets progressively more difficult, In order to fight and win the final round, you need mad skills, and good terrain, or perfect enemy mix. This is similar to what you are seeing in provinces...each ring further away from your city gets more difficult. But your scouted provinces are not impacting tournament difficulty.

@Maincbs13 I am not about to leave my city, I like my city. Never would I suggest that you leave yours. Your not wrong, this update blows for you and players in your position. There are allot of players in your position, and some are even worse off.

Me, I am in the "goldilocks zone". Perfectly positioned to try the system out in various rings. Not everyone is sitting where I am.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1174

No, no one is saying that. What you are seeing in the tournament is the new battle system, each round gets progressively more difficult, In order to fight and win the final round, you need mad skills, and good terrain, or perfect enemy mix. This is similar to what you are seeing in provinces...each ring further away from your city gets more difficult. But your scouted provinces are not impacting tournament difficulty.

So its really a no but yes.
why are there still new enemy troops in the tournaments that have much superior fighting abilities and techniques than our own this does indeed make it much more difficult infact i would go so far as to say ni on impossible especially when they can have up to 10 attack forces to your puny little 5 and at the higher rounds in the tournaments they have double sometimes triple the numbers in each squad.
how can you compete with that i ask.

DeletedUser2963

why are there still new enemy troops in the tournaments that have much superior fighting abilities and techniques than our own this does indeed make it much more difficult infact i would go so far as to say ni on impossible especially when they can have up to 10 attack forces to your puny little 5 and at the higher rounds in the tournaments they have double sometimes triple the numbers in each squad.
. I have not seen anyone in the Battle thread posting about triple squad size in the tournaments. The largest was double. If you really are facing triple in tournaments, send a bug report . Squad size is divided by squads. So an enemy with a squad size of 60 and 10 squads, will have less than 6 units per squad. Same enemy with 2 squads will have 30 units per squad (I am really hoping that you understand that not all units take 1 squad space and that the numbers I posted are an example of single space takers only). So you with a squad size of say 50(ten singles per squad) could easily defeat said enemy with the right troop mix.

The second configuration I posted- enemy with squad size of 60 and 2 squads vs. you with squadsize of 50 and five squads. At a glace that fight might look like three to one, it is not.

Did that make sense? if not visit the battle threads, they have really great info there.

Oh, and to answer your question, it is no, absolutely no. Your province expansions have nothing at all to do with tournament difficulty.

DeletedUser4706

I hear you guys. Protest may work, a boycott on buying is what I am going to do. I am going to sit at this stage and improve my Ancient wonders, gather resources to pay negotiating fees and get an expansion. (the next one I "earn" by filling out the research slot costs 16,000,000 ... my Castle only holds 7.7 million ... boy that fixed a problem ... these developers can #@** my white and narrow backside. That's right ... 16 million ...

The new Halloween Event had gain 11 relics (and produce beverages 111 times) and it cost me almost all of my supplies and goods in negotiating fees. I want the building ... well the one with 1910 population AND culture ... but ... 11 relics?

Buttrflwr

The new Halloween Event had gain 11 relics (and produce beverages 111 times) and it cost me almost all of my supplies and goods in negotiating fees. I want the building ... well the one with 1910 population AND culture ... but ... 11 relics?
LOL, IKR? It took all my stored up tier 1 goods as well. Ah well, makes it a challenge. ;) Onward through the fog...

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Well, WHY WASN'T THAT IN THE WALK THROUGH? :D :p :D :D ;)
To be honest I think I screwed that up, I should have tailored the guide for different levels of players--
Some players should probably scout instead of making spells based on scout times and availability for example...
I'll try and do better next time, I promise! Please don't leave a bad yelp review :eek:

DeletedUser3686

i get that yes this is why the province battles and negotiation costs are almost impossible because of the changes to battles that Inno brought in to slow us advance players down.
but this guy Maincbs13 does have a point with regards to the type of enemies facing.
i am in the newest released chapter and all of my troops fail in comparison to the newly being used enemy troops in the tournaments why was there a need to tweak the tournaments with the same paintbrush as the provinces

I really do not get where this idea that the tournaments are more difficult with the new battle system. The squad sizes have always been limited based on what level and number the tournament province is, and they get harder with each level and number. The amounts for negotiating seem like what they were before, really low for levels 1-2, significantly more for levels 4-5 and up.

The non tournament battle system? Definitely way more difficult, but it is possible unless someone has scouted something like six chapters worth of provinces beyond what they would need to unlock the chest in the next chapter.

DeletedUser43

I agree with every word Maincbs has said. I don't care if this is the new policy of Inno's it is a stupid policy and it is hurting the game. No one should ever face unwinnable fights. Ever. That is beyond totally stupid.

And yes, of course a player's experience and longevity with the game matters. It matters in that they are talking about things that people without that experience have not experienced.

The tournaments ARE a lot more difficult now too. I could easily do 30 provinces on level 1 before, now I am getting slaughtered by province 10 and that is just on the first level. They get progressively harder as the levels increase and they are a nightmare. The AI does not work...as admitted by Inno employees....so you cannot do as many fights as before because it takes a lot time to fight each province. So that means less kp and fewer runes for all. Which of course means the ancient wonderlesses are even more wonderless.

It is also nonsense that Inno is encouraging scouts just sit there. That is time you will never get back. You simply won't get expansions and won't have any room to build things. When you do finally get to the next chapter you get only a few expansions and that isn't enough room for the houses and workshops and culture you need to upgrade all the rest of the stuff.

More and more people are quitting this game. They have been waiting around to see if it is getting any better and it isn't. That is really really sad.

DeletedUser3686

I agree with every word Maincbs has said. I don't care if this is the new policy of Inno's it is a stupid policy and it is hurting the game. No one should ever face unwinnable fights. Ever. That is beyond totally stupid.

And yes, of course a player's experience and longevity with the game matters. It matters in that they are talking about things that people without that experience have not experienced.

The tournaments ARE a lot more difficult now too. I could easily do 30 provinces on level 1 before, now I am getting slaughtered by province 10 and that is just on the first level. They get progressively harder as the levels increase and they are a nightmare. The AI does not work...as admitted by Inno employees....so you cannot do as many fights as before because it takes a lot time to fight each province. So that means less kp and fewer runes for all. Which of course means the ancient wonderlesses are even more wonderless.

It is also nonsense that Inno is encouraging scouts just sit there. That is time you will never get back. You simply won't get expansions and won't have any room to build things. When you do finally get to the next chapter you get only a few expansions and that isn't enough room for the houses and workshops and culture you need to upgrade all the rest of the stuff.

More and more people are quitting this game. They have been waiting around to see if it is getting any better and it isn't. That is really really sad.

Why should unwinnable fights never be faced? Before the changes there were always a few battles that were "impossible" for a little bit, but after a squad size upgrade or unit promotion they were more doable. If battles didn't get more challenging, why would anyone ever spend resources on advancing in the Knowledge Tree? They wouldn't.

I haven't been able to fight in provinces for the past few weeks, and it's because I'm too far ahead. Sure this is inconvenient, but it is forcing me to progress my city more than I had been before which seems to be a bit more to the point.

Elvenar never struck me as a game that was mean to be focused on fighting. Inno's other game Forge of Empires is much more conducive to that sort of game play, but even in that, you'll still only be able to progress so much unless you shift your focus on the GvG World Map or on the Guild Expedition (sort of like the tournaments here).

DeletedUser43

If battles didn't get more challenging, why would anyone ever spend resources on advancing in the Knowledge Tree?

Please don't misstate my position. I said that battles shouldn't be impossible. I didn't say they shouldn't get more challenging. Trust me, I already faced plenty of battles that I found too difficult for me to win in the old system. But they were not impossible. Now they are.

I haven't been able to fight in provinces for the past few weeks, and it's because I'm too far ahead.

I couldn't hate that phrase more. "too far ahead". All that means is that you have been playing the game a lot. That is a good thing and it should never be discouraged.

Sure this is inconvenient, but it is forcing me to progress my city more than I had been before which seems to be a bit more to the point.

I don't understand this. When your city is maxed out it is maxed out. You will get there one way or the other. But why does every city have to look identical. It seems you preferred to get more space now and then upgrade later. Why should you be penalized for that? Why is there only one way to play?

Also, you may not know that many players have upgraded every single building in their city to the max level and they cannot build one more thing until they get another expansion. So why should they suddenly be told that they not only can't ever win another fight, but the thing they should do is put the game down for a year or two until many more races appear and they are "allowed" to scout again?

The point is that this new fighting thing is stopping players from fighting...a thing they liked to do...so they are going to find other things they like to do and that often means finding a new game. When those people leave that leaves dead cities on the world map that never get deleted because they are too advanced (Cities don't get deleted if they are past a certain level on the tech tree). That means fewer trades and less neighborly help and overall the game gets worse.

Some people are happy being in a tiny little range of acceptability, but many are not and they will lose all those people. But to tell your most loyal players to go jump in a lake? That is horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.