• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Level (impossible to get on the research tree) 15 Priests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4417

And yes, of course a player's experience and longevity with the game matters. It matters in that they are talking about things that people without that experience have not experienced.
In terms of battle it does not matter one iota. What applied yesterday, last month, last year does not matter as that is the past and that was the old system. The old way of combat and things so a persons longevity and experience are moot unless. What matters is the experience with this new system. His problem stems from and has to do with combat and combat alone. His productions, boosts, Fellowship and Rank are utterly meaningless. The only thing that matters insofar as combat is the units, the upgrades, the squad size, the chapter he is in and how far he has conquered and/or scouted. That's it.

It is also nonsense that Inno is encouraging scouts just sit there. That is time you will never get back. You simply won't get expansions and won't have any room to build things.
They are not saying for your scouts to just sit there. You can still scout, BUT, should you choose to scout over, then you must be prepared for the increased cost and time in doing so. Sure you can scout those 30 extra provinces but you are going to pay 1.5 to 2x for the scout and the sucker is going to take 2x+days to scout it.

DeletedUser4706

ANCIENT WONDERLESSES ... what a coinage. No one has even attempted to justify the part where I had to use another whole set of runes (and all of the countless KPs to get there through all of the first five levels) to level up my Sanctuary to level 6. There I was, thinking that my troop health would improve after all that work. Did it? NO! I got my Needles of the Tempest to level three to improve my archers, then to four (I am halfway to five), that didn't work. Then, they promised to balance the game and "buff" up the new archers if I went back three chapters to open advanced archers. Did that level things out? NO.

It IS beyond totally stupid. It must be said, the Developers don't care, the Support team is more clueless than the "pro developer squads/cliques" that chime in here ... most of whom I have blocked/ignored. The forum, and threads are NOT supposed to be a place for the Developers, Monitors and their favorite chosen few to blather on about why the game developers are always right and the game is so perfect, so much better now. It plain, flat out, bonafide, certified and guaranteed isn't better. I opened the Fairy Mercenary Barracks before there were trainable troops. They asked me to be patient. I was. I trained the drones and mages when they were released and was met with enemies that are not on the research tree. No. One. Can. Explain. That. Away. No. One. We few, are saying what we are saying because it needs being said. Of course the Developers have their jobs but ... and this is a HUGE BUTT here, the developers are not always right. Sometimes the players should be able to say what they feel - and if you can't do it on a Forum without being heckled or censored by the selected clique who always, and I do mean ALWAYS take the side of the developers/programmers then this really isn't a forum or exchange of ideas. You can try and tell yourselves that it is - and you know who I'm talking to - but, that doesn't make it so, or right or a forum.

That makes it a "fan page" like in the back of the comics. You KNOW what kinds of comments are going to get printed and which ones are not. It should be beyond the point where I have to even explain this to adults.

For me to believe that, follow that line of argument and not say anything is wrong when it is ... is like me trying to "Believe Seventeen Impossible Things Before Breakfast" that (in honor of Halloween today) Witch don't float. Burn the Witch.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4706

There is a current "boycott" of many FS on diamond purchases..

Again, I am SOOOOO thankful I am relatively new to the game. I could not IMAGINE being where you longer term players are. It would take MONTHS to catch up to the tech tree, or rather the tech tree catch up to you. It is literally taking weeks for me, and I have only been here a month and a half. I am hopeful they will do something to compensate/appease/relieve your inability to play. *hugs*? (Yes, I am a hugger, sorry)

Thanks for the hug Buttrflwr - come on in here and get a big one. Just play your game the way you want to, start getting in mind what you want your city to look like and keep that plan in mind. Be ready to adapt it by turning it into something new, better, more asthetic, more functional or just unique. When you have leveled up a residence, manufactory or workshop the max you can, go to the upgrade even when you have to still do research down the road to even get further - the space you will need will change - if you plan ahead all you will have to do, ever, to upgrade is complete the research and have the resources.

I hope you find a lot of pleasure - don't let my grumpiness about this item - distract you in any way! "Long Live Elvenar"

DeletedUser4417

It IS beyond totally stupid.

It's been explained to you, over and over and over by multiple people Maincbs13. You just either don't want to listen, or refuse to accept what you are told. Your post can be broken down and cited point for bloody point and responded to but it would .. once again.. do no good.

There have been units that are encountered that are not on any tech tree. In example I cite Ancient Orcs, Cannoneers, Knight as just a few. Cannoneers were only just recently added to the tech tree. Inno just announced they would be adding several new units that could be encountered by people in provinces and tournaments. Orc Generals, and two others. So WHAT if you are encountering units that are NOT on the tech tree. It is just another challenge to overcome and there is and never has been anything that said that every unit you encounter MUST be on the tech tree.

The forums exist for everyone. EVERYONE. Principally it is for the players but anyone that wishes to comment is and always has been free to do so. As it should be.

NO ONE is saying the devs are always right and the game is perfect. That is once again your irrational irritation showing through in your arguments. The game has flaws, the devs make mistakes but they have owned up to them and are working to fix those.

Saying what you feel is fine and dandy but the line will be drawn at some point. That point is when when words of persuasion and passion turn to weapons to be turned against someone, rather than towards the argument presented. That is when the Mods step in, as they are wont to do, and make rulings. Noone is immune to that.

DeletedUser3297

There has always been encounters full of troops that were never on YOUR research tree. Cerberus, Knight, Cannoneer, Steinling, etc. Up until recently, only humans has access to some of those. But elves still don't have a cannoneer and nobody has a steinling - soo what's your point??

DeletedUser4706

There has always been encounters full of troops that were never on YOUR research tree. Cerberus, Knight, Cannoneer, Steinling, etc. Up until recently, only humans has access to some of those. But elves still don't have a cannoneer and nobody has a steinling - soo what's your point??

My point was that in the past you fought against a Steinling with your Heavy Melee and mage. You stood a chance. I recently (in the Fairy section) upgraded my priests. When I broke them out The. Very. First. Time. .... the forces I was facing had a Priest level above that. It basically made my Priest revoke his religion and even then he was disemboweled then drawn and quartered and had his remains scattered to the other four worlds I do not play in ... by the Inquisition/Developers. To say he was creamed doesn't come close. There is no place further up the tree where I could research, develop, pay for or acquire the Priest I was facing. Same with the archers, the Fairy mage and the Heavy Melee, I am maxed out, there are no level ups and there are no forces like the ones I am facing - THE SAME TROOPS I AM USING ... human to human battle anywhere on the tree. This is actually the tenth time I have explained this on this thread.

What is your point?

DeletedUser3297

The point everyone is trying to make with you is the provinces you are fighting in are designed for future chapters. With every chapter release comes better and stronger armies with troop promotions. Just because they are not there now, doesn't mean that they won't be released :)

Buttrflwr

Thanks for the hug Buttrflwr - come on in here and get a big one. Just play your game the way you want to, start getting in mind what you want your city to look like and keep that plan in mind. Be ready to adapt it by turning it into something new, better, more asthetic, more functional or just unique. When you have leveled up a residence, manufactory or workshop the max you can, go to the upgrade even when you have to still do research down the road to even get further - the space you will need will change - if you plan ahead all you will have to do, ever, to upgrade is complete the research and have the resources.

I hope you find a lot of pleasure - don't let my grumpiness about this item - distract you in any way! "Long Live Elvenar"

LOL, I had my own grumpiness for a minute or 4 when I realized I couldn't win any more battles for a while, nor scout either unless I wanted to deal with harder fights until my tech tree caught up with my lead "conquer everything in sight" foot. I don't like cramped spaces irl, nor do I like them in my game, so I was gaining every expansion I could to accommodate my growing city, without having it feel crowded. But I have adjusted, and am being patient, or as patient as is possible, until I do catch up with myself. If I STILL can't win any fights, then I will reassess, as it is just getting too expensive to negotiate every.single.encounter. :) And Bob the Builder I am not. I like building, but I like a variety too. Thanks Main for the encouragement, and I am glad to see your ire has reduced a bit. ;) :D :rolleyes: hugs

DeletedUser4417

My point was that in the past you fought against a Steinling with your Heavy Melee and mage. You stood a chance. I recently (in the Fairy section) upgraded my priests. When I broke them out The. Very. First. Time. .... the forces I was facing had a Priest level above that. It basically made my Priest revoke his religion and even then he was disemboweled then drawn and quartered and had his remains scattered to the other four worlds I do not play in ... by the Inquisition/Developers. To say he was creamed doesn't come close. There is no place further up the tree where I could research, develop, pay for or acquire the Priest I was facing. Same with the archers, the Fairy mage and the Heavy Melee, I am maxed out, there are no level ups and there are no forces like the ones I am facing - THE SAME TROOPS I AM USING ... human to human battle anywhere on the tree. This is actually the tenth time I have explained this on this thread.

What is your point?

What Maincbs13 keeps omitting and ignoring is that he has over-conquered and is so far ahead in provinces of where he should be for the chapter he is in that the battles are ridiculous. If they were more in line then he could fight and win the battles with the foes he has. It's not the foes that are the problem, it is the NUMBER of foes and that will not decrease until he closes the gap. This has been explained to him time and again.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
. There is no place further up the tree where I could research, develop, ................... I am maxed out
Enemy types are only part of the equation, numbers count too-- Have you researched every squad size upgrade available in the research tree?

DeletedUser43

It's been explained to you, over and over and over by multiple people Maincbs13. You just either don't want to listen, or refuse to accept what you are told. Your post can be broken down and cited point for bloody point and responded to but it would .. once again.. do no good.

What you keep omitting and ignoring is any discussion of whether the new change is good for the game. Obviously, we all know it has happened. That doesn't make it a good change. When so many customers are complaining and leaving the game, then maybe it is time to see whether or not this was wise. I maintain that is not wise.

My point boils down to this: people want to actually play a video game.

If you want to dispute something, then tell me why you think people will be happy not playing.

And do you really have to continue with the incredibly insulting and nasty phrase "over-conquered"? We have explained to you a million times that there was no "over" anything. There was only the game and people played it. It is a nonsensical phrase that is loaded with judgment and condensation.

is so far ahead in provinces of where he should be

"Should be"? "Should be?" Give me a break. No one has does anything they "shouldn't have" done. Not one player.

It's not the foes that are the problem, it is the NUMBER of foes and that will not decrease until he closes the gap.

No. It is the devs that have programmed it so. This isn't real life, it is a computer program. The devs programmed the number of foes in too great a number and they are driving away players. That is silly. It is hard to get players. It is even harder to keep them here. It is even harder than that to keep them here a long time. Therefore, anything that drives customers away from the game is bad for the game and this new policy is driving people away from the game.

DeletedUser4417

@SoggyShorts Maincbs13 is not even close to the end of the tech tree. He is at the tail end of Fairies.

What you keep omitting and ignoring is any discussion of whether the new change is good for the game. Obviously, we all know it has happened. That doesn't make it a good change. When so many customers are complaining and leaving the game, then maybe it is time to see whether or not this was wise. I maintain that is not wise.
No, I don't omit that at all. The new changes ARE good for the long term game. This has been explained already. The devs admitted it, they screwed up and to fix their screw up they HAD to implement changes to slow the pace down and look at the whole of the game not just one small current end game segment.

If you want to dispute something, then tell me why you think people will be happy not playing.
You keep saying people are not playing and yet on every server, by every race, on every day you are shown to be inaccurate as people play and play. Some just have to learn a new way to play and new challenges to overcome.

And do you really have to continue with the incredibly insulting and nasty phrase "over-conquered"? We have explained to you a million times that there was no "over" anything. There was only the game and people played it. It is a nonsensical phrase that is loaded with judgment and condensation.

Are the players affected 'over' the number of provinces that are denoted in the # / # of the chests? If so then they are indeed over and have, over conquered. I'm sorry you find it insulting and nasty but it is neither. It is an accurate description of the situation that some players find themselves in. It is neither judgemental nor condescending as it is not saying that a player messed up or did something wrong.

"Should be"? "Should be?" Give me a break. No one has does anything they "shouldn't have" done. Not one player.

Players whose province count is lopsided, ie when the top number is larger than the bottom number when viewing the chest at the 'lock' points, is over where they should be. Yes. Should be. Again you are taking the bent that I am blaming the players. I have not said that. That is you being irrational about the subject.

No. It is the devs that have programmed it so. This isn't real life, it is a computer program. The devs programmed the number of foes in too great a number and they are driving away players. That is silly. It is hard to get players. It is even harder to keep them here. It is even harder than that to keep them here a long time. Therefore, anything that drives customers away from the game is bad for the game and this new policy is driving people away from the game.

The only place that the numbers are too great is in the starting chapters. They simply don't have the squad sizes to fight what is presented. As a person gets into Chapter III that evens out and the squad size increases to where if they are not province lopsided they can battle and win, with a challenge. Some players leave, others come in. It is the nature of games. Daily there are people, new people that come to the game and stay.

DeletedUser2963

Soggy, he is in fairy chapter with enough provinces won to get out of wood elves. He is beyond out numbered, there is no hope for him on the tech tree for a while.

DeletedUser43

You keep saying people are not playing and yet on every server, by every race, on every day you are shown to be inaccurate as people play and play. Some just have to learn a new way to play and new challenges to overcome.

A new way to play? They can't play. You have criticized so many people so often for having "over scouted" or "over conquered".

It is an accurate description of the situation that some players find themselves in. It is neither judgemental nor condescending as it is not saying that a player messed up or did something wrong.

Really? You think "over doing" something is a good thing? Because it is not. The term over means over and above what they should have done as you keep saying. Here is the definition of the word should:

Should "used to indicate obligation, duty, or correctness, typically when criticizing someone's actions."

If you don't mean to be judgmental then stop using judgmental terms and people won't bristle so much at your comments.

He is beyond out numbered, there is no hope for him on the tech tree for a while.

Exactly...and for a while means not until 2017 at least. That is a player who cannot play (at fighting). I am a player who cannot fight either in the world map. The battles are impossible. Right here, Lionsmane, just in this one little thread, you have two players who are telling you that they cannot play at the fights. The fights are shut down to us. We can no longer do that video game playing. That part of playing has been taken away.

I maintain that people want to play a video game. We want to play. Play. Fighting is part of playing.

Now, you don't have to have played as long as we have to face this playing block. Players at every level are suddenly "too far ahead" and that means that they cannot play fighting either. They are blocked as well. You keep ignoring this and calling me a liar for pointing out reality. I cannot have a conversation if you are going to pretend that there are no players who are being blocked from winning battles.

DeletedUser4417

Should "used to indicate obligation, duty, or correctness, typically when criticizing someone's actions."

How interesting that you cherry pick the definition to suit your argument but neglect to have read how I used the word. I never once said they 'should have done' which would be a criticism. I said 'where they should be.' Here is the second part of the definition of should, which actually has relevant meaning here.

Should:
2. used to indicate what is probable.

Miriam Webster does an even better job of defining should:

should
shall

1. 1—used in auxiliary function to express condition <if he should leave his father, his father would die — Genesis 44:22(Revised Standard Version)>

2. 2—used in auxiliary function to express obligation, propriety, or expediency <'tis commanded I should do so — Shakespeare> <this is as it should be — H. L. Savage> <you should brush your teeth after each meal>

3. 3—used in auxiliary function to express futurity from a point of view in the past <realized that she should have to do most of her farm work before sunrise — Ellen Glasgow>

4. 4—used in auxiliary function to express what is probable or expected <with an early start, they should be here by noon>

5. 5—used in auxiliary function to express a request in a polite manner or to soften direct statement <I should suggest that a guide…is the first essential — L. D. Reddick>

Some players are going to be too far ahead. This is self correcting in time. Chapter by chapter it gets easier to battle. I have yet to 'criticize' anyone for the way they play. I merely stated an accurate assessment of their situation as the game stands now.

DeletedUser4706

The point everyone is trying to make with you is the provinces you are fighting in are designed for future chapters. With every chapter release comes better and stronger armies with troop promotions. Just because they are not there now, doesn't mean that they won't be released :)

THAT IS INHERENTLY NOT TRUE. That leveled up Priest beyond mine, those archers, the Thornrose Mage II, and the Heavy Melee forces I am facing are not available on the research tree ... ANYWHERE. I couldn't research those levels/types of troops if I was finishing woodelves stage right now. How is this so hard to understand?

Go to your research tree, scan from the end of the Fairy stage where I upgraded my Priests (right before the Fairy Ancient Wonders) and scan carefully all of the way to the end of the tree. I am facing computer forces - in the Fairy Stage that haven't been invented yet - there is no way, I could spend a thousand dollars to advance to the end of woodelves stage and still couldn't acquire the Priest Three, The Thornrose Mage II, or better archers or upgraded (meaning equal to the forces I am fighting) Heavy Melee fighters.

Are you people defending the Developers just being obtuse about what is being written or are you choosing to disbelieve facts when presented to you?

This is a quote from your post several posts above this one ...

"The point everyone is trying to make with you is the provinces you are fighting in are designed for future chapters. With every chapter release comes better and stronger armies with troop promotions. Just because they are not there now, doesn't mean that they won't be released."

This is also INHERENTLY FALSE Kaylee ... every time the game has produced troops ahead of what I was playing - THEY HAD SLOTS IN THE RESEARCH TREE where I could look forward to, advance towards and even on an occasion beat in a fair fight with the right strategy and troops to oppose them. What you said in your quote above is false. That is an untruth. I do not for the life of me understand the amount of unbelievable craptastickness you "defenders" have to tell yourselves to deny a simple truth.

I may be in the Fairy Stage (but I do not believe in the Fairy Godmother/Developer that put this into the game). I have just been through the last two updates - using points and activating a Mercenary Barrack for troops that weren't available. They weren't available to me OR the computer. Can you not the see difference? Or are you refusing to see the difference?

DeletedUser43

Some players are going to be too far ahead. This is self correcting in time. Chapter by chapter it gets easier to battle.

No that isn't true. The only way that is self correcting is if those players don't negotiate any provinces the entire time they are waiting for the dev team to create 3 or 4 more races. IF the dev team creates 3 or 4 more races that is. No one even knows if they ever will.

Now, if they decide not to negotiate any more provinces, that means they cannot get any more provinces from the world map that ENTIRE TIME. That means however long it takes, 6 months, a year, two, if ever, before they can get more provinces? That is tantamount to telling them not to play the game at all. If they keep negotiating and clearing more provinces so they can keep having space to build the upgraded buildings in the new chapters, then they will always be "too far ahead" of this silly line the dev drew. So they will never be able to win another battle. Either they can't get room or they can't win battles. Gee, nice choice.

And the rest of the players who enjoy battles are still being told they have to wait until some very specific situation happens before they can win a battle. They have to get through the exact right number of provinces, and they have to have the exact right amount of tech done, and they have to be reading these forums to understand that is what is going on, and then, if the stars align exactly right, they might be able to win a few battles for a little while until they get outside those parameters again.

The mods have said that about .02% of all players ever see the forums. And it doesn't matter if they do. They have made it so that fewer players have battles to win and that frustrates the heck out of customers. Now, some people might be ok with playing inside such a tiny allowable box where they have access to the entire game to play, but others will not.

We are losing lots of players. I hear it all the time. Multiple fellowships have decided not to buy any more diamonds until this is resolved. Customers are not happy. You can't talk them into being pleased that this game is now a lot worse for them.

DeletedUser1174

I agree with every word Maincbs has said. I don't care if this is the new policy of Inno's it is a stupid policy and it is hurting the game. No one should ever face unwinnable fights. Ever. That is beyond totally stupid.

And yes, of course a player's experience and longevity with the game matters. It matters in that they are talking about things that people without that experience have not experienced.

The tournaments ARE a lot more difficult now too. I could easily do 30 provinces on level 1 before, now I am getting slaughtered by province 10 and that is just on the first level. They get progressively harder as the levels increase and they are a nightmare. The AI does not work...as admitted by Inno employees....so you cannot do as many fights as before because it takes a lot time to fight each province. So that means less kp and fewer runes for all. Which of course means the ancient wonderlesses are even more wonderless.

It is also nonsense that Inno is encouraging scouts just sit there. That is time you will never get back. You simply won't get expansions and won't have any room to build things. When you do finally get to the next chapter you get only a few expansions and that isn't enough room for the houses and workshops and culture you need to upgrade all the rest of the stuff.

More and more people are quitting this game. They have been waiting around to see if it is getting any better and it isn't. That is really really sad.
yes indeed Bobby i agree with you totally that is why our fellowship has taken the step of Protesting and not purchasing diamonds or participating in the tournaments for at least the next month in hopes others will join our cause and do the same.

DeletedUser1174

No that isn't true. The only way that is self correcting is if those players don't negotiate any provinces the entire time they are waiting for the dev team to create 3 or 4 more races. IF the dev team creates 3 or 4 more races that is. No one even knows if they ever will.

Now, if they decide not to negotiate any more provinces, that means they cannot get any more provinces from the world map that ENTIRE TIME. That means however long it takes, 6 months, a year, two, if ever, before they can get more provinces? That is tantamount to telling them not to play the game at all.

And the rest of the players who enjoy battles are still being told they have to wait until some very specific situation happens before they can win a battle. They have to get through the exact right number of provinces, and they have to have the exact right amount of tech done, and they have to be reading these forums to understand that is what is going on, and then, if the stars align exactly right, they might be able to win a few battles for a little while until they get outside those parameters again.

The mods have said that about .02% of all players ever see the forums. And it doesn't matter if they do. They have made it so that fewer players have battles to win and that frustrates the heck out of customers. Now, some people might be ok with playing inside such a tiny allowable box where they have access to the entire game to play, but others will not.

We are losing lots of players. I hear it all the time. Multiple fellowships have decided not to buy any more diamonds until this is resolved.
take a look on our leaderboard in ARENDYLL we have lost players that are in the top 50 and plenty of them even some of the top fellowships are having a hard time retaining members no matter how loyal they are. we in our Fellowship have had a vote with all of the members and a few of them have indicated that they are seriously considering putting this Game to bed and into the too hard basket as a direct result of these battling changes and having the odds insurmountable and we are at the top of the leaderboard so thats saying something.

Status
Not open for further replies.