• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Level (impossible to get on the research tree) 15 Priests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4706

I just powered up my Priests and went back and got improved archers (I play as a human). I am in the ends of the Fairy stage. My Sanctuary is leveled up to six! My Needles of the Tempest is at level three and I am maxed out (for my place in the game for troop size on the Battlefield. I have all three forms of Barracks, all maxed out. I have five maxed out Armories, and the Dwarven Bullwark. I can't for the life of me understand why I am NOW facing a level of Priests (the one with the cross on his back) a Thornrose II mage, stronger archers than mine and Heavy Melee fighters that are leveled up .... ALL of these forces arrayed against me are NOT available in the research tree ANYWHERE ... to top it off, the forces against me have 8-10 slots open to pick troops! I have consulted Support and they say they are working on it, working on the "balance" of troops .... BUT, why have they put fighters into play that are freaking unbeatable. This update was TERRIBLE for me. The one before that was bad but they said this one would balance the troops. They. Have. Done. No. Such. Thing. For my enjoyment of the game, for an ability to grow and for the utter inability of the game's (pseudo) designers to actually do anything for players. If what they were going for was to have everyone stuck, quitting (which is the opinion of over half of my fellowship) or just making this a game for people who will pay any amount in diamonds to expand - they got that accomplished - and I really don't care if this thread is repetitive to other threads on this topic, ALL of the threads I have seen on this do not address the leveled up beyond the research tree enemies that the designers have inserted like a super huge .... well, you know.

A Thoroughly Disgusted and Disappointed Maincbs13

DeletedUser3696

What ring are you scouting/battling at the moment and/or how many provinces have you conquered?

With the changes Inno has made they have made it so some players 'are too far ahead'. However, you did not mention needing any orcs to cater battles which leads me to infer you haven't yet reached ring 11 - meaning you should be able to still win albeit heavy losses in those wins.

DeletedUser4706

I have conquered 215 provinces so far. You need 165 to open the Treasure chest for the Orc/Goblin stage which I am not at yet. I still have seven or eight researches to complete before I get to Fairy Ancient Wonders.

You TOTALLY missed the point. There are forces arrayed against me now that there are no comparable forces I could get even if I was finishing Woodelves stage ... they. Are. Not. Available. To. A. Player. no matter where you are on the MAP or the RESEARCH TREE!

At this point, they have made a conscious decision to make my forces AND ANY I COULD GATHER BY THE END OF WOODELVES STAGE two whole stages ahead of where I am ... just sacrifice pieces, I cannot even sacrifice WHOLE armies to get a result.

DeletedUser4417

Unfortunately what you have run into is the 'cap' due to the fact of where you are in terms of Chapter versus how much you have scouted and conquered beyond where they say you should be. This is what is causing the huge disparity in battles etc., and this will continue until you reach the 'lock' points at the end of each chapter and unlock new chests and advanced scouting techs. Slowly it will lessen as the gap closes between where you are and where you should be.

DeletedUser4706

Excuse me. Are there further level ups equal to the Priests I am facing? NO. Level ups equal to the Thornrose Fairy? NO. Are there level ups for the archers I am facing? NO.

Not on the research tree. No matter how much further I go, even if were completing Woodelve Stage. RIGHT. NOW. THEY ARE NOT AVAILABLE.

A "cap" on scouting/provinces that is supposed to even out???? This isn't the NFL. The only "cap" being in play here is INNO games wanting more money. They purposely put these enemy forces in play. Treasure Chests and Advanced Scouts have nothing to do with it. Catering has nothing to do with Battle designed into the game. When I started, the battles were hard but they made sense. You arrayed forces strategically and lost most or some of your trained troops to win a relic, KP or province. You trained troops with supplies because you needed room to grow.

This is nothing like that whatsoever.

Do you guys have stock in INNO games, are you monitors, players or just defending the idiotic designers?

UNBELIEVABLE.

DeletedUser4417

Ok, let's see if I can explain this differently. The units you are facing are not more powerful than yours. The SQUADS however are. The squad sizes are directly related to the amount that you are over what Inno considers where you should be. As you narrow that gap, and bring the two closer in line then the sizes of the squads decrease proportionately and the battles/Negotiations become easier. For some players that may not happen for several chapters AFTER Wood Elves due to the amount that they are ahead in terms of Provinces Conquered.

I'm just a player.

DeletedUser2963

The units you are facing are not more powerful than yours.
Actually, the individual units he is facing are more powerful. He is right about that. He only needs about five more provinces to get out of woodelves (estimated) and he is only in fairies. So, not only is he very outnumbered, he is also outclassed.

You TOTALLY missed the point. There are forces arrayed against me now that there are no comparable forces I could get even if I was finishing Woodelves stage ... they. Are. Not. Available. To. A. Player. no matter where you are on the MAP or the RESEARCH TREE!
Yes, you are right, you will probably see those troop types in the next guest race or the one after that, depending on what ring they are in.

Do you guys have stock in INNO games, are you monitors, players or just defending the idiotic designers?
I am just a player. I really like the new battle redesign. The progressive difficulty level in the rings is fun. I am sorry that you are not getting a chance to play with it outside of the tournaments.

DeletedUser4417

Actually, the individual units he is facing are more powerful. He is right about that. He only needs about five more provinces to get out of woodelves (estimated) and he is only in fairies. So, not only is he very outnumbered, he is also outclassed.
Granted. Guess I worded that wrong. So let's try this then. While the units are more powerful, once you close the gap between where you are in terms of provinces conquered and where you should be in chapters you will see the numbers of those foes drop and then you can beat them with the forces that you have.

DeletedUser4706

Alright Lionsmane (and all others who agree or disagree with me on this topic or my assessment of your advice). I'll put it to you this way. You are currently ranked at 4280, you are still producing non-boosted goods, you don't have any third tier manufactories OR a Fellowship.

I am ranked 54th out of 26,185 players. I only produce boosts. My Planks (5 at level 19, the max) are over 530% boosted, my scrolls (4 at level 18 out of 19) are over 510% boosted AND my Magic Dust (3 at level 15 - the max - are at 520% boost). My fellowship, Mystical Lands is ranked 41 out 2,049 fellowships in the land.

My culture is running at 180% ... I always have enough supplies to produce my boosts and I trade for everything else. If I didn't think it was a legitimate complaint I wouldn't be making it. I am not expecting legitimate answers/advice from players five levels behind me with 30-50 provinces conquered. You have no idea.

Just saying.

Main

DeletedUser4417

Alright Lionsmane (and all others who agree or disagree with me on this topic or my assessment of your advice). I'll put it to you this way. You are currently ranked at 4280, you are still producing non-boosted goods, you don't have any third tier manufactories OR a Fellowship.

I am ranked 54th out of 26,185 players. I only produce boosts. My Planks (5 at level 19, the max) are over 530% boosted, my scrolls (4 at level 18 out of 19) are over 510% boosted AND my Magic Dust (3 at level 15 - the max - are at 520% boost). My fellowship, Mystical Lands is ranked 41 out 2,049 fellowships in the land.

My culture is running at 180% ... I always have enough supplies to produce my boosts and I trade for everything else. If I didn't think it was a legitimate complaint I wouldn't be making it. I am not expecting legitimate answers/advice from players five levels behind me with 30-50 provinces conquered. You have no idea.

Just saying.

Main
*Sigh* Rank.. means NOTHING. Zero. Nada.

NONE of what you just stated means a hill of beans. What you are complaining of is a SIMPLE combat issue. Has NOTHING to do with rank, production or anything else that remotely related to how much you produce, a fellowship or anything else.

You are too far ahead of where Inno thinks you should be and where you line up as far number of Provinces you have conquered and the number required for the given chapter you are in. This increases the battle difficulty significantly. Currently you are facing a troop type(s) that IF you were where they feel you should be, you could beat with the troops you currently could produce.

Once those two things line up, the battles will become increasingly less difficult as the pure numbers in each squad will decrease. Until you do this, you will keep running into the same problem over and over and over ad nauseum.

DeletedUser2963

Wow!
If I didn't think it was a legitimate complaint I wouldn't be making it. I am not expecting legitimate answers/advice from players five levels behind me with 30-50 provinces conquered. You have no idea.
I do have some idea because a) I can READ and b) I have been READING this forum.

DeletedUser4706

ad hominum attacks will not be tolerated - 10 infraction points
Neither you or Lionsmane have been answering the point.

Neither one of you has comprehended the complaint as it was written, answered the question or provided anything resembling a cogent reason as to why this was done ... other than to make money.

Why am I fighting forces that are not available to anyone? They are not on the research tree. I paid my money to scout provinces. I won those provinces by battle or by negotiating. Never once, until recently have I been up against forces that aren't even listed on the research tree, more or less, on the new power pyramid and research tree.

OF COURSE ranking counts. OF COURSE manufactories, culture, armories, barracks, workshops and residences/population count. That is the result of how I have played the game so far. That is how I got here. That is why I made this thread in the first place. I didn't do it because Support answered this question sufficiently, strangely enough Lioinsmane's comments all over every forum thread he can possibly type his opinion, it is the same as support's is. You see his name on a thread and he is taking the side of INNO games every time.

A comment ... from Lionsmane ... as follows "
The Devs have to look at the whole of the game and what is best for that and not what a certain element within that group wants no matter the time that they have been with it. The devs likely looked at a few options before ultimately deciding on the route they did. Whichever route they chose was going to upset that element because, in the devs opinion and looking at the long term viability of the game, it was that element that the problem originated with."

The response was quick, succinct and to the point - something Lionsmane skirted around - like (another quote from another poster's comment, that is still up, referring to Lionsmane's heavy pro developers stance). ... kissing up they would say in the business world.

""That element?( Edited by the monitors on this post although it was a quote from another player whose post has been up for two weeks now and involved a word which basically means childish in a grown up). Heck, it isn't even accurate. They have stopped EVERY player at every level of the game from fighting as much as they could before because they are trying to extract more money in expansion sales. End of story.

"it was that element that the problem originated with." So, it was customers that ******* the game because they played it? You sure have your blame in the wrong place. Any problems with the game are on the devs. The devs wrote the game. If they couldn't anticipate how people will play it and what types of incentives get you what kinds of actions, they were be in the wrong business. That is part of writing a game. But the devs aren't as stupid as you keep implying they were. They knew what they were doing. All this is about is money. You know this because they sell ways for people to be "that element". After the game had been out being tested for a while, they looked at player behavior and found where people spend money, so they tightened that choke point. I think they are pushing too hard and choking too tight. That is what this all about. How much to choke. If you want to discuss that, then go right ahead. Consistently blaming players for being active is to miss the point completely.

Btw....the devs do not look at the game and decide what is best for the game, they decide what is the best way to extract money from individuals. They can provide a really terrible game and still extract money. Careful what you are supporting. They most certainly do NOT have the same goals as players. We want fun. They want money. The two CAN overlap in a Venn diagram, but they often do not.""

OR another example ...

this time from Dhurrin.

"Can somone PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE introduce an ignorebutton here for trolls like Lionsmane (another comment from a quoted post that has been up for a week that involves a slang term for fecal matter). defending an issue which is driving away a lot of players?
Lionsmane, if you work for Inno, please keep out of it. If you do not, then you should apply there (anther comment here from a "QUOTED POST I USED TO MAKE A POINT" that involves kissing up to the designers at the expense of players) who never seem to be wrong and everything is the players fault.
(Edited here - an expression that Charlie Brown from Peanuts uses. All. The. Time. "good grief I am getting sick" .... really? good grief and the sick part of sick and tired was edited out, I got in trouble for quoting this ???? another persons post that is still up ????) and getting closer and closer to just leave the game."

End quote.

I think "someone" complains to the monitor, and way too quickly when he is called out for not answering the question and posting pro developer irrelevant off-topic answers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Buttrflwr

OR another response to a typical Lionsmane post of total irrelevance, weasel words, obfuscation and bullshit ... AND aligning himself with the developers, No. Matter. What. They. Do.

this time from Dhurrin.

"Can somone PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE introduce an ignorebutton here for trolls like Lionsmane who keeps loading up loads of crap and defending an issue which is driving away a lot of players?
Lionsmane, if you work for Inno, please keep out of it. If you do not, then you should apply there since you're not doing anything except kissing ass to the 'holy designers' who never seem to be wrong and everything is the players fault.
Good grief, everytime I come across another post of him I'm getting sick in the stomach and getting closer and closer to just leave the game."

I have ONE person on ignore, and it is the above mentioned person spewing forth, as someone called it, hogwash. May I suggest you do the same. I can assure you it will save you on antacids. ;)

DeletedUser4706

ad hominum attacks will not be tolerated - 10 infraction points
and if you are a player lyapo - how come your name, town, does not exist? Do you have a block on everyone visiting or just people complaining about the game. I thought the forum was the place to voice these opinions but I guess some people get "special treatment" BECAUSE of their opinion.

Wow!

I do have some idea because a) I can READ and b) I have been READING this forum.
How come your name does not show up on a player search for your town and/or city? It doesn't even show up on the forum members list?

DeletedUser1901

Why attack players that are trying to explain what we figured out Looooonnnnnggggg ago???? I just search for your city and did not find you either... maybe because you are not on the server I searched on... chill guy, they are actually trying to help you out so that you understand why you can't win battles right now... OR you can go to the battle section of this forum and read the hundreds of messages in the threads that we have been involved in for the past month and try to get it the hard way.

DeletedUser4417

Neither you or Lionsmane have been answering the point.
I could sit here and go through your two posts point for point but I'd just be wasting my time.

Both Iyapo and myself have already explained it to you, you are just too irritated to want to listen. You have scouted 'too far.' You have conquered 'too far.' Where you are in terms of provinces scouted is so far ahead of the actual Chapter that you are in that you are encountering units that you normally would not. So what if the Paladin or Mage is something that you have not seen before and is not on any tech tree anywhere. We routinely see units that are not on any tech tree in combat. Once you advance and unlock chapters to a point to where you catch up with where you are in provinces the battles will even out. The troop numbers will drop dramatically and you will be able to beat what it arrayed against you.

Your rank means nothing. Your production and bonus percentages mean nothing. Your problem lies in combat and combat alone. None of the rest matters one iota. You keep pointing to your rank and position and that of your Fellowship as if that has some impact at all with the situation you are in, but it does not. So it means NOTHING.

DeletedUser3696

For those who already know and those who do not I'll try and explain.

The difficulty of a province is set by three factors.
1) What type of province
2) What ring it is in
3) When you scout it - if you aren't sure what I mean by this please just make a personal attack :p

Inno with three updates (2 have happened) are making all fights more difficult for all players at all levels/stages of the game.

If you are more than 1 chapter ahead worth of scouting based on what Inno is now saying you should be (based off the number of provinces needed to advance to the next chapter) you will find fighting next to impossible. I think that is what you mentioned in your first post.

One option for you is to stop scouting until you have advance in the tech tree, beyond fairies and into the orcs. I believe ring 11 is where you need orcs to negotiate, but I still think that is ahead of where you need to be to start in the orc chapter.

If there is anything from my post you would like further explanation on you might want to ask. However, you have started out by insulting everyone trying to help so you may not get any??

Buttrflwr

If you are more than 1 chapter ahead worth of scouting based on what Inno is now saying you should be (based off the number of provinces needed to advance to the next chapter) you will find fighting next to impossible.
One option for you is to stop scouting until you have advance in the tech tree

This is what I have done. I am only scouting if I have to, ie quests or relic, and I have been gradually negotiating the ones I had already scouted and had open. I have now almost finished advanced scouting for chapter 4, and had 65/50 provinces completed when I opened the chest. So somewhere in the middle of chapter 4 I should catch up with myself, as 70 is the magic number for chapter 5. It is not the ideal situation, but it is what it is, and I am hopeful that with this advanced scout done, things will be a bit easier, and MAYBE I can win a fight or two. But I am fairly new, so didn't have the chance to get as far ahead as some peeps did. I can't even imagine how long it is going to take for them to "catch up" to their tech tree. It seems like it would almost be better to start over, as the time involved could be very similar. :(

DeletedUser4417

and if you are a player lyapo - how come your name, town, does not exist? Do you have a block on everyone visiting or just people complaining about the game. I thought the forum was the place to voice these opinions but I guess some people get "special treatment" BECAUSE of their opinion.How come your name does not show up on a player search for your town and/or city? It doesn't even show up on the forum members list?

That is funny as typing his name in brought him up right away in the members list on the forum. Also what world are you looking for him on? He might only play on one world.

upload_2016-10-31_2-4-25.png

Strangely enough.. or maybe not.. I had no problem finding him on the same server I play on. Funnily enough the same server where you threw quotes about yourself out.

Now as to your earlier charge of "someone" complaining to the Mods? If someone DID complain to the Mods, it was not me, not about you. Someone else might have but I have a higher tolerance than all that. If I feel you have overstepped the posting rules, I'll mention it ~in the chat we are having and openly at that.~

DeletedUser2963

Stop it Lion, I liked being some kind of ghost! ohhh, or a super secret spy for inno...with a really bad cover!

Main, of course it was done to increase profits, if they thought for one minute it was going to reduce profits, they would not have done it.

No of course I did not address that point, why would I. Its a p2w game.

And stop looking at my gutters

Status
Not open for further replies.