• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Level (impossible to get on the research tree) 15 Priests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser43

It is a very well known quote that means exactly what those two just said, if you don't stand up to something that is wrong even if it doesn't affect you, by the time something does affect you personally you may be all alone. These changes affect ALL of us. It is bad for every player if they make such huge changes and nerf the games of so many people. You don't want to play a game with a company that is that unstable. You never know what you are going to get tomorrow.

The only way this game, or any game can continue, is if people trust that the game will remain somewhat stable. Small changes, sure. But not huge changes that destroy the game of so many people in one fell swoop. Why would anyone ever buy any diamonds from them if that is the case? Why work so hard to build up your city if they can just delete half of it on a whim. It is a bad concept for us all that they are treating any of us like that.

It was bad when they added the orc requirement and this is bad too....for everyone...whether it affects you or not. It is bad to play such an unstable game. If this were beta, then you could expect instability. But this game isn't in beta so that makes this all the worse. It isn't even good for Inno for people to distrust them so much. It thwarts sales. All they sell is empty pixels. Without trust, there is nothing to buy.

DeletedUser4706

Provinces were NEVER designed for chapters that were not released yet before this update. Before they released these last two updates - the first that made computer forces impossible to defeat was bad enough the second one announced that we would all be happy with improved/buffed forces for The. Players. To. Use. Then they said they were going to buff the archers so they could balance the game. At the same time they released the fairy drones and mages. ALSO ... during the same "upgrade that they SWORE was going to balance the battle" - they immediately introduced forces that are nowhere on the research tree. I buffed my archers (and raised my Needles of the Tempest to level four - which makes them stronger - allegedly), I trained fairy drones and fairy mages and they are worthless because they haven't balanced the forces they have UNBALANCED them. Severely. None of those thing had happened before the last two upgrades. I brought my Sanctuary up to level SIX ... had to get another set of 9 runes to open up level six. Nothing I did to improve, no stone was left unturned by me, I increased my forces ... I planed ahead by scouting out the research tree to see if I now had forces ... I WAS CREAMED. They didn't say Any. Time. Preceding. The. Up. Grades 1.15 and 1.16 that there were going to be limits on provinces ... NEVER.

There are FIVE count them FIVE sound, cogent, understandable reasons ... proofs ... truths ... experiential observation ... strategy ... logic ... that show you AND the developers that this "opinion" of over scouting, playing too well is wrong.

THE PROOF IS IN THE FACT THAT there was no mention of too many people having played too well and fought into provinces for chapters that hadn't been designed yet so now they were going to be smacked for playing. NEVER. NOT once in a movie, notice, clip of the Developers, advice, tips, strategies for the game or "Game Theory" expositions on this. We were sold a bag of manure. The upgrade talked only about introducing new forces, a new race, new spaces and Balancing. The. Battle. which they already knew they had over tweaked the time before.

People like you are incomprehensible to me. Over and over throughout this thread you have been proven wrong, Wrong WRONG (wrong as three bags full) and you comment ... "With the way the current system is designed, you are trying to fight in provinces that were designed for chapters that have not been released yet. Prove me wrong there, I dare you."

THAT IS EXACTLY THE POINT. The current game is not what it was two weeks ago. It is not what it was 6 weeks ago. This comment you "Defenders of the Developers" keep making is gibberish. Your argument that there is an imaginary line that was set last week, that the players who have gone above and beyond to make their cities look and function well - "well that is going to have to stop!"

The Developers have not balanced the Battle as they promised. They have not buffed the archers as they promised this update would do. They have introduced the Fairy Drones and Fairy Mage like they promised but, they are worse than worthless against a set of forces that aren't even on the research tree - so no, that didn't balance the battle at all. NOT ONLY THAT ... but they purposely created a group of deadly forces that can cream your new forces AND DIDN'T PUT THEM ON THE TREE! On purpose, they created programs and forces that are a whole level (at least) above the ones we just opened. That is a purposeful act of programing intended to punish players.

Then the "official" line becomes "You have over scouted, we'll get back to you on this next year sometime, you are fighting forces that will be released chapters ahead of where you are now, we feel like you have advanced too far, played the game too ... much, ... too well?"

That is not even a statement people can defend. There is no defense for it, IT IS INDEFENSIBLE ... that is snake-oilsmanship, a bill of goods that was not what we were promised. It is as if they reached into my computer and gave it a virus that affects my ability to play this game. Yeah I can sit here and watch the static bars roll across my monitor, watch my city do nothing as if I am watching paint dry ... and they just "slipped this in" my computer by PROMISING they were going to balance the battle .... you believe the new "groupspeak?"

"We were always at war with Eastasia" George Orwell 1984

After promising what they WERE going to do - they did THIS instead - and they are going to make it ... better? Really???? That is what you are going with?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4417

They wrote it so that when a person is in a place where the devs arbitrarily put them the battles are impossible. Not more difficult. Impossible. Not winnable. Therefore, that line is incorrect. It is poorly placed. It is harmful. It is bad for keeping customers.
Wrong. The Devs did not 'put' anyone anywhere. The battle difficulty is determined by the chapter they are in and how far outside of that chapter they have conquered.

Words have meaning. You can try to post as many alternative meanings of the word "should" as you want, but either what you said is utter gibberish, since those meanings don't apply, or you are pouncing. Jumping on someone and telling them that they are not "supposed" to be able to play a part of the game they did before is piling on them.
Yes BobbyKitty words DO have meaning. Especially when one puts those words into the proper context they were used in. You arbitrarily assigning that word the disingenuous definition based on your false narrative. I NEVER, EVER chastised a player for over scouting or over conquering. You can try all the double talk you want. Your definition is not/was not correct. That was what YOU took out of it, not what I inferred or implied.

Forum status??? What does that even mean? What have I been proven wrong about, please quote specific posts so I know areas that I need to improve upon.

Do you think the devs are never going to release new content with new troop upgrades??? They designed this new system specifically so they can easily add more troops into the game. With that, yes your current troops will continue to receive upgrades as well. Look at the current chapters, you always get upgrades...

With the way the current system is designed, you are trying to fight in provinces that were designed for chapters that have not been released yet. Prove me wrong there, I dare you :)

He can't and he knows it. He covers that with meaningless blather about you being proved wrong while all the while covering his ears, his eyes to the facts that are as clear as day. People have over scouted, have over conquered and it IS very much a thing whether certain 'half glass full' types choose to acknowledge those facts are not.

DeletedUser3696

I have to agree with almost everything maincbs13 just said 2 posts ago (didn't feel like quoting the whole thing and filling space).

Almost everyone in this game and posting on these forums played before these updates. So for anyone to tell them they are too far ahead of where the devs have designed the game is clever semantics. What they really mean is you were playing the game as many others were and the devs weren't making enough $$ so they put new and strict limitations in place to roadblock 99% of the players in the hopes frustration would lead to players forking over cash to advance.

A simple change could easily have been to keep the battle system in tact, but make scouting ahead of your chapter much longer, while shortening the time for those at the 'new pace' or behind it. Imagine 12 hour scout times for anyone right on pace with the chapter unlocks, while those ahead have to wait 4-6 days per province. Eventually those ahead would start to fall back to the median, but at least still do something. All the while their battles would be harder than others - but that is a small price to pay for still being able to progress.
I dare say there would be many other options available to the devs if they truly wanted to make the game balanced, alas we got stuck with this one :(

DeletedUser2870

I battled my way ahead through this game.
Now I find I am stifled. On the US server I have only 1 world I play in. I can't advance anymore because I only am at the start of the fairy-chapter and so cannot negotiate anymore because I need orcs. I also cannot battle anymore so there is no way to advance.
I had resigned myself to the problem of the orcs, the fighting got steadily worse, but with a lot of effort it was doable and there were the tournaments to keep me occupied.
After about 6 months the fairy units were finally released and they are worthless. The droneriders are less valuable than the swordacrobats. The mage is less valuable than the sorceress.
And where trainingtimes have been greatly reduced for all those units they introduce the cerberus with a ridiculously high training time.

With the new system I can fight about half the amount of tournament battles I used to before it gets completely impossible, so that is pretty much out now as well. What the heck is left of the game? Collecting goods. Wow.
My main world (on the dutch server) I'm in the woodelves chapter. Battle is way beyond impossible. Even when I do find an encounter where there are only 5 or 6 opposing units they are so ridiculously overpowered I don't have a chance. Last try was against mostly heavy melee. The opposing knights were hit my my mageunit, limiting the damage they would do. And yet with only 1 strike, that one knight unit killed over half my squad of treants which were supposed to shield my archers...right.
There simply is no way to win. This is not balancing the game, this is stomping down on the players who have invested much time, effort (and in many cases diamonds) on the game. It is a gross disregard for their customers and I am beyond enraged.

DeletedUser43

That is important feedback for the devs Dhurrin. Could you copy and paste that on the battle redesign thread? Whenever I try to say that this is happening to people I am disbelieved. I am afraid this will get lost in this thread. And if you have other people in your fellowship experiencing the same thing, the more voices that are heard the better. Please have them come and paste their feedback as well. The devs did listen when enough voices spoke up about the wholesaler. I think they all think that everything is fine now that a little more of the battle system has been released.

DeletedUser2870

@Areane.
Yes, I know, I know. And so I did as she requested. I do not however have any reason to believe Inno will actually pay attention. In most of my fellowships I'm the most active person on the forum, and that is mainly because -especially lately- you (meaning Inno) has shown such a blatant disregard for players and their remarks that many do no longer want to take the effort to go to the forum.
Actually, I've seen quite a lot of players (beginners and topplayers alike) leave the game entirely and am very close to doing so myself because I feel insulted, swindled and defrauded.

DeletedUser4671

I do understand your frustrations with the game (I play too) and I would like help by getting all the feedback from everyone seen by the right people. The dev team have already listened on more than one occasion and have made changes using that feedback. I am very sorry that many players have been halted by the recent changes.

DeletedUser2870

Being halted is annoying enough, but people can understand (even if they're not happy) if such a thing is for a reasonable time. Being completely stumped for months is something altogether different.
There will always be players who are stuck. Mostly those top players in every world who seem to buy themselves through every chapter with sheer unlimited funds, but that has nothing to do with playing, just with wanting to be in the top.

As for the devs listening, I can only hope so. But by now the main reason for still being around is not the game itself but keeping in touch with some of the people in my fellowships. However, that is an extremely thin base on which to keep players attached to the game since it at some point will become much more interesting to just exchange social-media adresses and keep in touch that way.

DeletedUser4706

As Bobbykitty mentioned, the point is, the more constructive feedback about the game complied in one place on one thread, the more likely changes can be made based on the feedback. Everyone is more than welcome to come to the forum and offer feedback. We want to hear from more players :)

Yeah, right. We are more than welcome to come to the Forum and express our opinion. BUT, we are constantly heckled by a group of INNO drones, even here in a forum. Sure we get to complain but it does as much good as asking Support. You want to hear from the players as they leave in droves?

Has there ever been this much of an outcry (of FOUL) before?

DeletedUser4417

Yeah, right. We are more than welcome to come to the Forum and express our opinion. BUT, we are constantly heckled by a group of INNO drones, even here in a forum. Sure we get to complain but it does as much good as asking Support. You want to hear from the players as they leave in droves?

Let's review what happened when you came into the forum shall we? You came in and explained your situation. Several people, rather diplomatically explained what had happened and was happened to you. You then proceeded to speak down to them and bring up things that had zero relevance to the problem at hand that you were experiencing. You brought up facts that had LONG, LONG been known and experienced, indeed for quite some time. Then to add to that you practically drowned everyone in ad hominem attacks.

You were not heckled, not even a little bit.

DeletedUser61

This is mild. Go back and look at the huffing and puffing that occurred when the Scouting Chests were introduced. The other half of the folks, including myself were pretty unhappy, because we were denied our pet strategy of avoiding the acquisition of province until they could be smashed.

We have a regular Greek Choir that sings on cue, every time the game is changed and/or new content is introduced.
they are talking about things that people without that experience have not experienced.
Experience is something that you usually get right after you needed it.
If players continue to negotiate, then that situation will not self correct. They will always be ahead of the imaginary line.
But if the line has been moved closer to the "middle" of the game, that's still balancing. They'll still be ahead of the pack, but not SO far ahead.
your statements have been quickly proven to be false. By several posters.
Look up epistemology some time. Consensus is not proof, and we don't even have consensus.
You are fighting in provinces that by the games design are meant to conquered in Wood Elves or beyond. You are currently in Fairies.
All you want is to commiserate about how badly you got screwed over by the new set up. You did, you totally did, so did others
Why do you keep acting as if the devs are gods and whatever they do is what it is. Meant to be?
This nonsense about being "too far ahead" is hurting the game.
The devs wrote it so that when a person is that far ahead of where they should be, the battles are more difficult.
The developers obviously have spreadsheets that project well into the future, and the basic problem was that the battleship was already leaking badly, and IT WAS GETTING WORSE. To focus in on one single aspect, 12 units were being added for each new Squad Size research. As a consequence, it was becoming more and more likely that a skillful fighter would be able to advance SEVERAL chapters beyond where he was expected to be. By changing the formula to 6 + 3 time the squad size technology level, the increase becomes geometric and "harder" now means a reasonable percentage harder for each new chapter, rather than "harder" by a decreasing percentage.
He gets it, he just hates it and thinks it sucks. And there is nothing wrong with that.
In fact it's the very soul of a city builder. It's naive to think that you can push the game out of shape, well beyond what the developers anticipated and PROBABLY well beyond what they even thought was possible, and THEN complain when they plug the leak. FORCING the developers to improve the game should be a BADGE OF HONOR. Flouncing around and BRAGGING about how advanced you are/were just diminishes your achievement.
They designed this new system specifically so they can easily add more troops into the game.
But not huge changes that destroy the game of so many people in one fell swoop.
The developers are addressing a problem that was getting WORSE. The patient will recover, and will be healthier and happier as a consequence.
there was no mention of too many people having played too well and fought into provinces for chapters that hadn't been designed yet so now they were going to be smacked for playin
You just havn't been reading the forums for very long. Bobbykitty and I have been going back and forth about playing the game "efficiently" since forever.
The Developers have not balanced the Battle as they promised
Sure they have. It's just that you're still on the "advanced" side of the teeter-totter. Perhaps they didn't balance "your" game, but the entire point of the revamp was to ensure that future players would be looking at a better behaved game.
I dare say there would be many other options available to the devs if they truly wanted to make the game balanced, alas we got stuck with this one
Why can INNO GAMES not just modify their new battle system to at least make the battling a little more fair: perhaps reducing the difficulty a little?
Why not just do it right in the first place? I'd rather get it done and over with, rather than dying of a million incremental changes.
Now I find I am stifled. On the US server I have only 1 world I play in
And therein lies the problem. You're devoting MORE time to a single instance of the game than the game can bear.
There will always be players who are stuck. Mostly those top players in every world who seem to buy themselves through every chapter with sheer unlimited funds, but that has nothing to do with playing, just with wanting to be in the top.
There's nothing especially wrong with wanting to be on top. Some people prefer allowing the developers to set their goals. :p

DeletedUser1174

I do understand your frustrations with the game (I play too) and I would like help by getting all the feedback from everyone seen by the right people. The dev team have already listened on more than one occasion and have made changes using that feedback. I am very sorry that many players have been halted by the recent changes.
HERE IS THE FRUSTRATIONS WITH THE GAME. on behalf of all of my fellowship 25 members of the number 1 ranked fellowship ARENDYLL
Why can INNO GAMES not just modify their new battle system to at least make the battling a little more fair:
perhaps reducing the difficulty a little?
reducing the enormous amounts of goods now required to negotiate? they have gone through the roof since the updates.
adjust the rebalancing? some of us feel that now it's worse than before the rebalancing ow appears to be even more unbalanced.
Elven players feel they have been sent up the creek without a paddle and are finding it increasingly difficult when faced with Human race enemies that far outweigh their own forces. you seem to have gone from one extreme to the next on this one.
All battles should be winnable to a certain point not have the odds stacked in the enemies favour 4:1 in the tournaments at least give new and old players a chance at fighting.
now with the new changes to the auto battle system its actually more like an auto slaughter system i know that i now loose around 80% of my forces regardless of the set up or types i use where as before it would be around 25% losses with the same forces.
why have the different special effects been "tweaked" so much on some of our units and only half as much or actually increased on the enemy forces?
why are we fighting units that are miles ahead of our own on the research tree in the tournaments let alone in the provinces i get your explanation about is being way too advanced and all but is it necessary to have the same units in the tournaments?
Players are jumping the sinking ship and new ones see what they are in for and head for the hills
im sure that INNO GAMES had not intended to have this effect on players old or new but it would seem that this has been done in the process and more will leave unless you address some of these issues instead of burying your heads in the sand and ignoring your customers and putting it into the too hard basket or warning and/or banning members for speaking out is not the way either we are not being nasty or vindictive we are merely trying to have our voices heard on some of the issues and let you all know how some or most of us are feeling and that we do have a voice and what is the point in having a forum and discussion if your told what you can and cant discuss here?
Kind regards
Mage IW PHOENIX POWER, ARENDYLL

DeletedUser2963

Yeah, right. We are more than welcome to come to the Forum and express our opinion. BUT, we are constantly heckled by a group of INNO drones, even here in a forum.
So, people who are unhappy can speak, but players who like the new battle system shouldn't speak? Good luck with that.

I love the Battle Pentagon, It makes troop selection really easy.
I am having a great deal of fun with the progressive difficulty, I can easily win in rings 5 and 6. I have a slight advantage over troops in ring 7. In ring 8, the enemy has the advantage but I can still win. I get beat up in ring 9, I keep trying but have only won one or two fights here. Ring 10 and 11, all is lost.

I am in chapter 5, I will hit chapter 6 in two days.

I will be the first to admit that my expansion pattern has left me in a perfect position to try out the new battle system. I will also grant that not everyone is in my position. In addition to that I happen to agree that people in your position have a valid complaint. A major feature of your game has just been killed!

Stop asking why, you know why, everyone knows why. Money, its a p2w game. Limited space is now and has been a core feature of this game since day one. And before you launch a personal attack against me for that statement, I suggest you go back and read forum posts from back then. Inno has put an end to the players ability to gain endless expansions thru battle. You can buy your way out of it, or play the game for free with limited space.

The question becomes, what should be done for players who are stuck for endless chapters with no provinces to fight? Something should be done, and "start over" is not a valid answer.

DeletedUser2870

@Katwijk
I said I had only one world on the US server and you respond like this?
And therein lies the problem. You're devoting MORE time to a single instance of the game than the game can bear.

Sorry, but you are completely wrong.
I have only 1 world on the US server I play in. That can never be too much strain on the game if it is well devellopped, but let's assume it would be the case.
I mentioned that my main world is on the dutch server, and if you took the trouble to read my signature you know I also play on the german, and french server (and a test-world to try out something new on the belgian one)
Meaning I only have a severely limited time to spend on each world (1 hour-2 hours a day max, 5-6 days a week). And yet that is already too much or too intense? If you are serious about that than there is something really wrong with the game.

You are trying to make up excuses for an inexcusable -beep- up of the game.
You state that players were well beyond what the designers expected. So what? Scouting too far ahead is a lot of crap. The scouting time increased already each time. The battles already got much harder the further out you went. I was already outnumbered each time, but though I took heavy losses I could at least have a fighting chance. So what if I lost at times? I'd just try again. Now why bother? Enemy squads are so huge they kill any squad of mine with a single attack. And even if they don't actually kill them my units are literally decimated so will not be able to do any damage in return.

Suddenly dropping a great many of active players in a hole is not exactly an elegant solution. In fact it's only an illusional solution, since what really is happening is that many players are leaving the game.
Just last week I have been receiving many invitations of high-ranking fellowships. Not in one world, but in several. Since in most worlds I'm not exactly very far advanced (around dwarven chapter mostly) the reason is obvious: people are scouting for the fewer and fewer active players to fill their fellowships.

DeletedUser4706

From Katwijk ... "Look up epistemology some time. Consensus is not proof, and we don't even have consensus."

Facts are proof. The facts that they never said anything about some imaginary line that now has become a real insurmountable obstacle. That is what they put in place. They said they were going to balance the Battle because people players were disadvantaged by 1-15 ... they said they were going to buff the archers, introduce woodelves, add spaces for expansions and finally allow players to train and use Fairy Drones and Fairy Mages. They did not do what they said about balancing the Battle (which is a lie). THOSE ARE THE INDISPUTABLE FACTS.

e·pis·te·mol·o·gy
iˌpistəˈmäləjē/
noun
PHILOSOPHY
  1. the theory of knowledge, especially with regard to its methods, validity, and scope. Epistemology is the investigation of what distinguishes justified belief from opinion.
and since you are obviously using this term to mean something that it DOESN'T (as in, "I don't think that word means what you think it means" fame) here is a brief paragraph that applies.

2. You might be wondering if epistemology is just a hobby for people who know too much for their own good, but epistemology has a lot of uses. The study of knowledge leads to the study of learning, which leads to better methods of teaching. The study of knowledge helps us understand our cultural differences, which helps us all get along. Probably the coolest use of epistemology, though, is artificial intelligence: teaching computers how to learn.

What you are spouting, with your semantics (and defending the developers decisions for this upgrade) what you are using is called, casuistries ... you should learn to use your words properly ... words have meanings that people agree on (or looked up in a dictionary and agreed on) so that actual people can discuss actual things. Casuistry is a word which is the opposite of epistemology.

casuistry

[kazh-oo-uh-stree]
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun, plural casuistries.

1. specious, deceptive, or oversubtle reasoning, especially in questions of morality; fallacious or dishonest application of general principles; sophistry.

say it after me KAZH OO UH STREE

casuistries > related terms
chicaneries
evasions
fallacies
perversions
quibbles
sophisms
sophistries

I was NEVER talking about anything other than the FACTS of the last two upgrades.

And while I am here you currently have made 2,128 messages and you have received 716 likes.

I imagine "some" of your irrelevant brown nosing posts were liked more than once by your little clique, even if you were going by individual messages and individual likes ... you are batting about .300 (which is good for a batting average but) which is not very good for a Forum where you are consistently claiming you know so much and constantly trying to drag people off topic. Those are the numbers of someone who consistently;

A). posts inflammatory or inappropriate messages or comments on (the Internet,
especially a message board) for the purpose of upsetting other users and provoking a response.

OR

B).to upset or provoke (other users) by posting such messages or comments.

It is obvious to most here what you do, how you post, how you misuse words and try to make others words mean something that they didn't mean. It is obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.