• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Level of Satisfaction

DeletedUser

Are you trying to commit game suicide? Because your customer satisfaction just hit a new time low.

I don't recall anyone on any server I play on actually asking me about my level of satisfaction with the game, and I doubt anyone else has been asked either, outside of their individual Fellowships. (Well, except for that questionnaire however long ago that was...) So I figured I'd post a poll. What the Hell, right?

Personally, I'm satisfied. There are a variety of reasons that no one wants to read, so I won't bother anyone with them. This isn't about me, anyway, it's about you folks. Obviously, this isn't official. :p

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It's kind of a trick question, as far the developers' end. If you are still playing, you are clearly satisfied. How satisfied you are is a different question, and probably a question about which they don't much care.

They do ask people who quit playing about why they quit, so I think they probably are content with the overall feedback. And I get asked about how I'm feeling about the app every once in a while.

DeletedUser

It's kind of a trick question, as far the developers' end. If you are still playing, you are clearly satisfied. How satisfied you are is a different question, and probably a question about which they don't much care.

They do ask people who quit playing about why they quit, so I think they probably are content with the overall feedback. And I get asked about how I'm feeling about the app every once in a while.

It's rather tongue-in-cheek though, Ashrem, this poll...Like I said, it's obviously not an official, it's just something for my own curiosity. ;)

shimmerfly

Still playing and love the bunnies because there was no choice for the beer.
What no beer?
Seriously I've never been asked before why I like any game (by the Devs) that is.
I guess I should change my vote to about 65%.
There are is a lot of good stuff about the game but wee wily winkles there are sooo many things that could use changing. Too bad they don't listen to the really good suggestions.

Yogi Dave

Since it's Soggy's, it should be sponge cake, but I'd like to trade it in for Tomatoe's cookies, please. Overall, I like the game and in many ways it is getting better, but new and old bugs sadly keep raising their heads. Then there is the FA which sucks life out of the game.:( Like a train wreak, it's hard to look away.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I picked 90% satisfied. The few things that need improvement (another FA?!?) can sometimes drive me up a tree, but I enjoy playing. And if I get really annoyed during one of those things (another FA?!?) I just get some popcorn and come on over to the forum...
Seriously, though, I can't see spending as much time as I do on entertainment that I was happy with less than 80% of the time. Unless they make substantial improvements to it (another FA?!?) that means they can only run them 10 times a year. I think this next one will be the 4th in 6 months(though they tried for 5) and I only really hated the last one, so they're ok for now...

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Seriously I've never been asked before why I like any game (by the Devs) that is.
Big multi-million dollar corporations don't often need to. They have 100s of thousands of accounts that they can track, and just use raw statistics rather than listening to people's feelings.
No, the Live Q&A where they give the same non-answers to a very filtered set of questions does not count. I personally had 2 questions that I posted answered by Timon (Blueprints and runeshard bar) and the answer to both was "We're working on something, can't tell you what or when"

For an actual back and forth directly between players and developers you are looking at start-up/indie companies.

I got spoiled by being a part of a kickstarter game where the devs would ask the Beta players questions before making changes or adding features, and actually made decisions based on what we said. That game is now 2 years old, and has sold over 1.2 million copies:)

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I picked 90% because if I don't like something there are plenty of other things to focus on. If I get bored with something, once again there are plenty of other things to focus on. I would definitely not spend time and $ on a game I don't like! BUT, I will be hating life if my FS decides to do the FA this time instead of skipping it like the last one. I am enjoying Elementals and doing the FA would bring that to a screeching halt :( I won't have anywhere to put a level one town anyway. I would have said 75% before Elementals came out but I think they did a good job making this chapter interesting by shaking things up.

qaccy

There's no 100% option? I'm not, but it's interesting that it wasn't included. But since only forum users are going to see it, perhaps it's implied that everyone who goes through the process of creating a forum account has something they're unhappy with? Might be a fair point.

I like the game and have a lot of fun playing it, but there are certainly some things that bug me. I'll skip the wall of text for once and leave it at this: I also play Forge of Empires (another game by Inno) and the developers over there, in my view, are much more conscientious of their players than the developers for Elvenar.

DeletedUser

There's no 100% option? I'm not, but it's interesting that it wasn't included. But since only forum users are going to see it, perhaps it's implied that everyone who goes through the process of creating a forum account has something they're unhappy with? Might be a fair point.

I've implied nothing at all, this is for my genuine curiosity...I really do want to know what the level of my fellow players' satisfaction is, that's why I included a poll. There are three reasons I didn't include a 100% option. 1) I honestly didn't expect anyone to be, and you are partly correct in your assumption. Certainly not everyone who creates a forum account does so strictly to complain about things, but that is sometimes the case. 2) If I had, there wouldn't have been enough room for one of the three bonus options, and since this is my poll, and this isn't an official poll anyway, if there had been room for another option, "100% satisfied" wouldn't have been it. (It would have been either "42", "James Bond is a Time Lord", or "Thor is the adopted one".) :p

Plus, I figured that anyone who was actually 100% satisfied could just pick Bunnies.

I like the game and have a lot of fun playing it, but there are certainly some things that bug me. I'll skip the wall of text for once and leave it at this: I also play Forge of Empires (another game by Inno) and the developers over there, in my view, are much more conscientious of their players than the developers for Elvenar.

I've been playing FOE for almost two years, and I've never spent a lot of time on the forums, for two very good reasons, which don't belong on this forum. :eek:

But I am inclined to agree with you.
:)

HJK84

I also voted 90%
Although, I am quite new, haven't touched guest races yet.
My vote was according to the knowledge I've gained by reading the forums and talking to FS' members that are more advanced.
The amount of things that could be improved Imo. is a fair 10%
The game has so many nice things, I just can't put that aside due to the lesser negatives.

Big multi-million dollar corporations don't often need to. They have 100s of thousands of accounts that they can track, and just use raw statistics rather than listening to people's feelings.
No, the Live Q&A where they give the same non-answers to a very filtered set of questions does not count. I personally had 2 questions that I posted answered by Timon (Blueprints and runeshard bar) and the answer to both was "We're working on something, can't tell you what or when"

For an actual back and forth directly between players and developers you are looking at start-up/indie companies.

I got spoiled by being a part of a kickstarter game where the devs would ask the Beta players questions before making changes or adding features, and actually made decisions based on what we said. That game is now 2 years old, and has sold over 1.2 million copies:)

I have a degree in business. Not international, but more for North America.
To be a successful/thriving corp. you need to take the feedback from your customers, or should I say the majority of them, that have the same opinions.
Even once you become a multi-million dollar corp. to continue advancing and keeping clients, it must be done.
This of course with many other things, example; marketing, which is the most important one.

I'm not sure of the following opinion, but I think; most of the players who consistently spend $;
aren't very active on the forums
don't look at the finer details (as others/we do)

Whatever stats Inno. is getting with Diamond purchases, after each update, I'm guessing has been on a positive scale. Or else, we'd see major changes.
Which, might still happen eventually. Statistics take time to compare, compile, etc. ~ 3-6-12 months.

For now, I'm a lil sapling growing slowly. Being wise by spreading my roots and making them strong. Before I grow bigger and get hit by stronger elements :)

387822-40237-6.jpg

DeletedUser5800

50% because I'm in a good mood today. :p
I 90% liked the game 2 yrs ago, 75% a yr ago... and will lose interest completely a yr from now.
Granted some of that can be attributed to the natural loss of interest over time that would happen no matter what but I have certainty felt pushed in that direction faster than I wanted to get there. I've pretty much been pissed off since Tournaments became FS centric and every change after has just added to it, how much of that is because once a person is looking to hate something they find reasons I can't say but I do keep finding them and they do keep getting easier to find. ;)

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@HJK84 There are so many things I could say here. You are completely correct so far as textbook knowledge goes. The thing is that @SoggyShorts opinion is much closer to today's reality. Over the past 40 years I have been a corporate bean counter. 1/2 of that time has been international. The way corporate decision making has evolved is metrics, metrics, metrics. Multi-million dollar corporations keep an eye on customer feedback but the financial metrics on anything they add or change tells them what they really want to know.

The other thing that I disagree on is players who spend $. Players who spend real $ on a game have a vested interest in the game so I think would be very likely to at least follow the forums to keep up with what is going on.

Last edited:

bkbajb

I have been playing for a little over 2 years now. Once had 7 cities but that is way too much work, so I am down to 2. 1 Elf and 1 Human. I like the overall changes and what they have added to the game. I read so many complaints about it not being fair and I disagree with those people. The game cannot be easy. As you grow it should get harder. Both of my cities are nearing the end of the Orc chapter and it has been a pain. Woodelves, I am guessing is harder. Good. Keep the challenge going and keep bringing in new chapters. Sometimes I look at my AW;s and knowledge tree and think, Am I ever going to get this done or which way now? There is no right or wrong answer. I have made a ton of mistakes, but so what. It's not like you get sent back to the beginning of the chapter. Enjoy the challenge people and quit complaining.

I love the game, but I hate the issues. Dev need to take care of bugs before rolling out new events. The FAs are not worth the trouble it would take to blow them up. The FEs only give items for which most of us have no room. Chat is not working and hasn't worked correctly since the Marriage event. I login and can collect goods, but can't reset the manus w/o logging out and then back in. My FS is loosing players left and right because of these issues. Unfortunately, if they're not fixed soon I'll be leaving, too, because I won't have an active FS to work with.