• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Lie To Me!

DeletedUser3821

@Azkaban Anytime!

I'm going to guess #2.

And @wyldaeval technically got it right. I put it there because it sounded the most plausible. But I didn't fall off the roof.

But I did nearly die. I was going up a hill on my grandmother's estate when the engine suddenly cut out. Her home oversees a LAKE. I rampaged down the hill, but a sailboat pole from who KNOWS where stopped me before I went off the ledge into the lake. It almost certainly would've killed me. If not, I probably would've gone unconscious from impact and drowned.

Was the #2 guess for mine?

DeletedUser

I'm guessing #3 is the lie?
I'm going to guess #2.

Actually, #1 is the lie. I've been a KISS fan since '74 and somehow, I've never managed to meet any of them. Our polydactyl kitty is named...heh...Polly. Seven toes on her front paws, six toes on her back. My sister also has a polydactyl named Bigfoot. We call her "Footy". :D

@ThunderingJeff I'm certainly glad you didn't go into the lake. :eek:

@wyldaeval That's such a hard choice...I have to guess #3. I love Gingers (Fred, George & Bill Weasley FTW), and black is my favorite color, and I love avocados, and cats...ah, see? Tough choice! :p

#1. I have 15 tattoos.
#2. I have a Starkweather in my family. (I don't think many players will recognize that name, but there it is.)
#3. Durian is my favorite fruit.

DeletedUser3821

Actually, #1 is the lie. I've been a KISS fan since '74 and somehow, I've never managed to meet any of them. Our polydactyl kitty is named...heh...Polly. Seven toes on her front paws, six toes on her back. My sister also has a polydactyl named Bigfoot. We call her "Footy". :D

@ThunderingJeff I'm certainly glad you didn't go into the lake. :eek:

@wyldaeval That's such a hard choice...I have to guess #3. I love Gingers (Fred, George & Bill Weasley FTW), and black is my favorite color, and I love avocados, and cats...ah, see? Tough choice! :p

#1. I have 15 tattoos.
#2. I have a Starkweather in my family. (I don't think many players will recognize that name, but there it is.)
#3. Durian is my favorite fruit.

Nope..hubby has brown hair, so #1 would be the lie. My weirdest cat, Tabbitha, loved avocados! She stole them off my plate every chance she got. I had a poly cat named Baby. :D

I'm guessing #3 is the lie? Probably because I've never heard of that fruit and will now have to google it.

DeletedUser3821

1. I had a cat that lived for 20 years in excellent health.
2. I love lumpy cream of wheat cereal
3. My husband is missing a toe.

@Azkaban Ok, I have heard of that smelly fruit. With so many carbs and fat grams, I guess I wouldn't be a big fan of it. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

:eek: My Mother had a calico named Tabitha! :D

Yeah, the lie is #3. It's supposed to be one of the healthiest fruits, but I'll never know. :p

Ah, I'll guess #2. I can't get passed the lumps.

#1. When I was a small child, I thought Sherlock Holmes was a real person.
#2. I once played the part of Columbia in a Rocky Horror stage show.
#3. I hate clowns.

DeletedUser3821

@Azkaban Nope, the lie is #3. Hubby has all his toes. I'm weird..I do love lumpy cream of wheat :p:rolleyes:

I'm guessing #2 is the lie..would have been a very short part, wouldn't it?

1. I have a mad crush on Ryan Reynolds
2. I used to have a crush on Dom Deluise
3. I had a dream that Cher and I were cruising in a pink corvette

DeletedUser8946

@wyldaeval Yeah, I think it was.

And for THIS one, I'm going to guess that you don't have a crush on Ryan Reynolds. While we're in the subject of dreams, lemme try it out.

1. I had a dream about getting killed, but sent to ER before I was 11.

2. I had a dream about marrying Hermoine Granger before I was 10.

3. I had a dream about being chased by wolves on an island before I was 9.

DeletedUser

@wyldaeval #2 is the lie, but Columbia makes it through til the end, where Riff Raff zaps her (our local theater acted out the whole movie). I had the opportunity, but for some reason I still can not fathom, I didn't take it.

And I apologize for jumping the gun back there. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5669

Wow, we were sure busy today while I was typing numbers nonstop for hours on end.

Okay, two guesses on my last one, so I will say @ThunderingJeff, you were right, sorry @Azkaban. I have in fact owned 7 cars in 19 years. I've only been to Yosemite once, but I lived near an Air Force Base, so for years in the 70s we annually celebrated the first moon walk with the Moonwalk parade. Imagine 30 Brownies marching in formation with green faces and carrying the California flag and the US flag along the thoroughfare. It was fun.

@ThunderingJeff, I'm going to guess that you didn't dream about Hermione, so #2. Dreams can be so weird that it's hard to even guess.

1. I once had a cat named Benjamin R. Kleptomanicat, Esq.
2. I once had a cat named Katisha, for her elegant shoulders
3. I once had a cat named F. A. Underfoot, the Earl Tharp

PS. Almost forgot. Starkweather, Charles. Went on a murder spree in the 1950s with his girlfriend. I like reading about killers. Also, I've seen The Frighteners

DeletedUser

PS. Almost forgot. Starkweather, Charles. Went on a murder spree in the 1950s with his girlfriend. I like reading about killers. Also, I've seen The Frighteners

Yeah, The Frighteners was a little surreal for me, lol. It's actually my favorite MJF flick, but having Jake Busey and R. Lee Ermey in the same film was a kick. Whilst combing through news clippings of family events from the early 1900's, I found details of the reception for the wedding of a beloved aunt and uncle. The young lady who played the piano was a relative through marriage, and while I knew she was long before Charles' time, it was still a bit unnerving to see "and Miss Starkweather played-----". :p

And I'll guess #2, because 1 and 3 just make too much sense. :D

#1. I like drinking cold pickle juice.
#2. I like eating cold soup right out of the can.
#3. I like Limburger cheese.

DeletedUser5669

@Azkaban: You're right, but Katisha was a real cat. Alas, all three of those animals have gone to the great catnip field in the sky, but Katisha belonged to my grandmother and was named for a character in the Gilbert & Sullivan comic opera The Mikado, She is a woman whose face is unattactive but whose left shoulder blade is so lovely that people come miles to see it. The kitty was cursed with an unattractive calico coat that was all pale colors with no white and just . . . the way her markings fell just kind of jarred. But she was elegantly built, with beautiful shoulders.

There was a female cat that rounded out the trio with Runtling (Kleptomanicat) and Underfoot (the plus 2 Foof of Foofness): Baroness Kristina Katerina von Felinia. Yes. I'm weird.

So, pickle juice, cold canned soup or Limburger cheese. I'm going with #2, cold soup, because I'm a copy cat.

Speaking of food:. . .
1. I am allergic to melons.
2. I am allergic to bananas.
3. I am allergic to oranges.

DeletedUser

#3 is my lie, I can't get near stinky cheese. :p

I'll guess #3 is yours...I'm allergic to some melons, and I have known people allergic to bananas. :(

You're likely no weirder than I am. :D

I don't have a set of guesses because I'm really irritated right now, so you get a break, LOL.

DeletedUser5669

@Azkaban and @ThunderingJeff Yay me, I fooled you both.

It was #1. I am allergic to oranges, but not orange juice. It appears that the reaction I have is to the white stuff inside the skin.

1. My best friend is way into VR
2. I like to wear corsets
3. My brother is a fanboy for Captain America

DeletedUser8946

@Eideann of Daidu #2. And I fooled you about Granger.

#1 I once drank two liters of Diet Coke without stopping.
#2 I once ate 14 pieces of pizza in one sitting.
#3 I was once told I had 7 cavities by a dentist.

DeletedUser5669

@ThunderingJeff LOL. True enough. However, I fooled you again. A well-made, properly fitted corset is excellent back support, and I have a bad back. My brother is a fanboy, but for Deadpool, not Cap.

I'm guessing it's #1 -- it was real Coke, not diet. ;)

1. I've seen Kansas in concert.
2. I've visited the state of Kansas.
3. I want to visit the state of Kansas.

DeletedUser8946

@Eideann of Daidu Crap. I've done neither. But you got me. So I have to get you twice...

So I'm going to guess #1 for yours, and here's three more.

I can type at 120 words per minute
I'm writing my own book.
I spend on average 6 hours a day on my computer.

DeletedUser5669

@ThunderingJeff 'Fraid you missed. I've seen Kansas in concert, but I've never visited the state. I want to, and @Azkaban knows why. So, #2 was the lie.

For yours, I'm going to say #1.

1. My average KPH (keys per hour) is in the neighborhood of 10,000.
2. I spend about 10-12 hours a day on a computer, not always my own.
3. I drive 90 minutes to get to work every day.

DeletedUser5669

@ThunderingJeff My commute is closer to 40 minutes. Awesome wpm, friend! And I spend my day on data entry, and my nights on writing or games.