• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Limit on Scouting after Feeding Coldfire Phoenix??

Finn Razelle

Hi All,

This question may have already been answered, but has anyone else noticed their scouting abilities being locked after scouting X number of provinces during a Coldfire Phoenix feeding effect? I have a Level 9 Coldfire, which adds 13 KP per finished scout, and after scouting two or three provinces (I forget which), suddenly I am locked out of scouting any more provinces. Will have to wait 6 hours yet for the feeding effect to wear off to see if my scouting option returns.

Does anyone know if Inno has placed a cap on this particular Coldfire benefit to keep folks from going through the research tree too quickly?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I don't have the Coldfire placed, but this may not have anything to do with the building. You may have gotten to the place where you have to complete some of those scouted provinces to open up more provinces. If you go to the world map and look at the provinces on the edges of where you've completed, it's easier to see than just using the handy scouting list. The provinces next to ones that have been scouted but not completed will have a lock icon. Once you complete a province that borders the locked province, then it is available to scout and will show as such in the scouting list.

Finn Razelle

I don't have the Coldfire placed, but this may not have anything to do with the building. You may have gotten to the place where you have to complete some of those scouted provinces to open up more provinces.

Appreciate the reply, samidodamage, and it's a good theory, but I think there may be a cap to the Coldfire feeding effect after all. I checked out the World Map just now to test your idea (now with 4 hours left to go on the feeding effect), and all of my "scoutable" provinces are once again scoutable. There must be some kind of time limit to keep players from racking up too many KP in the course of one feeding. Will have to experiment with this further to see just where the boundaries are.

Would love to hear players' experiences on this little quirk... :)

Vergazi

Appreciate the reply, samidodamage, and it's a good theory, but I think there may be a cap to the Coldfire feeding effect after all. I checked out the World Map just now to test your idea (now with 4 hours left to go on the feeding effect), and all of my "scoutable" provinces are once again scoutable. There must be some kind of time limit to keep players from racking up too many KP in the course of one feeding. Will have to experiment with this further to see just where the boundaries are.

Would love to hear players' experiences on this little quirk... :)
It wouldn't surprise me if you were right on that. If I were designing it I would put a cap on number of scouts with each feeding. If a player had an absurd amount of time boosters and their scout times were not yet stupid long, then the number of KPs they could get would be truly ludicrous.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I happened to be starting a new city around the time I won Coldfire. I placed it and evolved it several times. Then got the chapter 2 advanced scouts. I fed it once and then started scouting. At that level your scouts finish each province very quickly. I was able to scout enough provinces to do the entire chapter in that 24 hour period. Had no issue with Coldfire locking down my scouts. Did get a huge chunk of KP which moved me a good ways into the new chapter. I then repeated the process when I got the chapter 3 advanced scouts with no issue. And did it a third time when I got the chapter 4 advanced scouts. I have not had issue with CF locking down my scouts. It does seem like it is not nearly as good as you advance chapters because it takes so much longer to do each scout. I am currently in chapter 5 in that world and likely will sell it off before finishing the chapter because other than the active feeding effect, the stats on CF are terrible.

Finn Razelle

I happened to be starting a new city around the time I won Coldfire. I placed it and evolved it several times. Then got the chapter 2 advanced scouts. I fed it once and then started scouting. At that level your scouts finish each province very quickly. I was able to scout enough provinces to do the entire chapter in that 24 hour period. Had no issue with Coldfire locking down my scouts.

Hmmm.... interesting. I'm trying to remember now if I was using time boosters; I may have been. Just now, I've used time boosters to complete two scouts in quick succession (without using Coldfire at all), and I was once again locked. This time, II was locked from scouting any but one of my available provinces. Maybe the locked scouting previously had more to do with the use of time boosters than the Coldfire?

Thoughts?

Alpha Lyrae

@Finn Razelle Are you able to post a screenshot here of your World Map so we can better see what you're talking about? The only time I've ever been unable to scout a province is when I haven't completed an adjacent province by fighting or negotiating all 8 encounters.

Finn Razelle

Hi Fayeanne,

The same thing just happened in one of my other cities... I had a recent goods windfall and was able to scout/conquer provinces much more quickly for a little while, until once again all of my scouting possibilities are suddenly locked. (No use of Time Boosters or Coldfire this time around.) I suppose I must be missing some obvious limitation of the game... Is it programmed to prevent players from conquering too much too quickly?

Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing... Any scoutable province brings up the usual display with the "Scout" or "Not Yet" choices, only the "Scout" button is completely grayed out. So is the "Navigate to Scout" icon below. If this is like what happened in my other city, I suppose it's only temporary, but I'd like to know where these invisible boundaries are so that I can plan for it in the future. :)

Has this scenario ever happened to you?

Blocked Scouting.png

Henroo

Oh Wise One
In addition to what Sandstorm says about coins, if you have not fully completed a province beside it then you can't scout it.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
player for a goofy mistake
You've got lots of company in the 'goofy mistake' category, lol! I can't remember how many goofy things I asked about when I started (and for lots of chapters thereafter, lol!). It was here on the forums I learned what I needed to know from some of the many players who enjoy helping newbies. That's what kept me coming back here for so long; I haven't forgotten how overwhelming all the info was in the beginning and I want to help players like I was helped then. So, don't be embarrassed and continue to post questions no matter how 'goofy' they may seem after you get an answer!

Finn Razelle

I haven't forgotten how overwhelming all the info was in the beginning and I want to help players like I was helped then. So, don't be embarrassed and continue to post questions no matter how 'goofy' they may seem after you get an answer!

Many thanks again, samidodamage! There's defininely a great bunch of folks in this community, both in the game and on the forum. Very glad to have discovered it. :)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
BTW, there also seems to be a glitch with Coldfire Phoenix which lets you double your knowledge point rewards. If you are in your city when the scout finishes, CF will award you the knowledge point rewards. However, if you open the world map you will then get a 2nd KP award. This only seems to work if you already have the game open and are playing when the scout finishes. It does not seem to work when you log on.