• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Lingo does matter....

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
In informing my fellowship about the upcoming Anniversary event I wrote the following. (Since I didn't do beta on the first day I only assume standard goods collections were doubled that day. Hope I am right.) Anyway, here's what I wrote.

"It's a three day event and on the first day they will double the amount you collect of your standard goods. The second it will double the crafted goods, and the third, magic goods. So if start a 2 day run of your standard goods on Saturday, you will reap 4 days of goods. On Sunday you start a 2 day run of your crafted goods and on Monday a 2 day one of your magic goods."

All of which is, I think, clear enough. But only if you use the proper lingo for what's going on. In the announcement of the doubling of collection for the "crafted" goods the announcement said the player would gain twice the amount of "crafted goods (crystal, scrolls, and silk)," indicating the devs understand that the term "crafted" is not always known and used for the T2 goods. My experience is that few people use "standard," (or "regular?"), "crafted" and/or "magic" when discussing T1, T2 and T3 goods. Thus, using the terms without clarification results in confusion. AND is probably why the term "crafted" is clarified in the announcement with "(crystal, scrolls, and silk)".

I then added a paragraph explaining the terminology but I doubt anyone will start calling T1 goods, "regular" (or "standard?"), T2 goods, "crafted," and/or T3 goods "magic." For this reason I suggest the following.

When referring to "regular" goods, say "regular (T1) goods." When referring to "crafted" goods say "crafted (T2) goods" and when referring to "magic," goods say "magic (T3) goods." The use of the players lingo tied to the "proper" names of the types of goods will reinforce the connection AND save a bit of typing/space as well. After all, "standard (T1) goods" is a lot shorter than "standard goods, (marble, steel, planks)" isn't it?

AJ

Risen Malchiah

I believe the terms used are basic, crafted and magic. I don't remember "Regular" being used. "Normal" is used in the trader to differentiate from sentient goods. But you're right, I've never used these terms when describing goods. I've always used T1, T2 and T3.

Edit: In my first post, I mistakenly referred to Normal goods as "standard" goods. Goes to show not everyone sees (or remembers) the same terminology. I've referred to T1-3 collectively as "standard" goods constantly.

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I believe the terms used are basic, crafted and magic. I don't remember "Regular" being used. "Normal" is used in the trader to differentiate from sentient goods. But you're right, I've never used these terms when describing goods. I've always used T1, T2 and T3.

Edit: In my first post, I mistakenly referred to Normal goods as "standard" goods. Goes to show not everyone sees (or remembers) the same terminology. I've referred to T1-3 collectively as "standard" goods constantly.

Which I have done for years, never realizing what, exactly the other terms meant. Now I know but will probably still just use T1-3 anyway