• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Live Facebook Chat with Timon and Rike

shimmerfly

What a huge waste of time.

They'd rather sit there and giggle with each other than really talk to us.

The devs don't care about negative feedback. Big surprise
It sure looked like the questions were being cherry picked. The giggles were hard to take and I couldn't understand them half the time. It's too bad they couldn't have been a bit more concerned or at least acted like it....

Laochra

upload_2017-10-4_22-20-26.jpeg

DeletedUser3979

The more I learn about the dev's and their level of being a professional, the less desire I have to even give this game feedback anymore
(person popping in that nobody knows :rolleyes:)

DeletedUser2870

I agree. An utter waste of time.
Of course, after a little while my internet seemed to quit. But seriously people, I've seen highschool students acting more professional, so I can't say I'm sorry I missed a good part of it

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I agree. An utter waste of time.
Of course, after a little while my internet seemed to quit. But seriously people, I've seen highschool students acting more professional, so I can't say I'm sorry I missed a good part of it

I'm glad to know others saw it the same way.

qaccy

Sentiments like the ones expressed in this thread could be a factor in the perception that the devs 'ignore you.' Why try talking to people who act like this? Is it actually an expectation of some of you that you can be a vitriolic as you want and the devs are just supposed to subject themselves to and put up with it willingly? No. If I'm dealing with someone who's being needlessly belligerent to me, I have the options of defending myself/trying to diffuse the situation or walking away from/ignoring them. Professionalism blocks them from firing back with the insults, and obviously most of you players aren't satisfied with anything the developers do (you just want every 'negative' change completely reverted so there's no diffusion possible, which means the only option left is to just walk away. I'm not saying this is what actually happens (and it's probably not), but I'm saying I can definitely understand if it does happen to be a factor in how the developers interact with you people.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Sentiments like the ones expressed in this thread could be a factor in the perception that the devs 'ignore you.' Why try talking to people who act like this?
Because they get their income from us? How far do you imagine the local department store or grocer would get if they ignored every customer because some of them complain? I think your argument lacks an understanding of the relationship between customers and vendors.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Professionalism blocks them from firing back with the insults

Haven't built the CL yet (still will because I want the pretty cliff backdrop), so I don't have a dog in this fight. I generally agree that many of the players visiting the forum over this issue are so livid they aren't able to engage in thoughtful conversation right now; they've regressed to 'I'm taking my toys and going home'. That happens to the best of us when we get emotionally caught up in something at times. It takes time for us to accept things will never be the way they were and begin to engage in a conversation about ways to improve upon what we have now. This particular change seems to have cut deep for some players.

But I have to take issue with this one statement. Instead of making a serious professional presentation of the company's position on this matter, there was a lot of giggling (I interpreted it as inappropriate nervous laughter; persons more emotionally invested saw it as being mocked) and there was inappropriate playing with stuffed animals as well! I don't think professionalism had anything to do with this presentation whether the presenters were flinging insults or not.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Sentiments like the ones expressed in this thread could be a factor in the perception that the devs 'ignore you.' Why try talking to people who act like this? Is it actually an expectation of some of you that you can be a vitriolic as you want and the devs are just supposed to subject themselves to and put up with it willingly? No. If I'm dealing with someone who's being needlessly belligerent to me, I have the options of defending myself/trying to diffuse the situation or walking away from/ignoring them. Professionalism blocks them from firing back with the insults, and obviously most of you players aren't satisfied with anything the developers do (you just want every 'negative' change completely reverted so there's no diffusion possible, which means the only option left is to just walk away. I'm not saying this is what actually happens (and it's probably not), but I'm saying I can definitely understand if it does happen to be a factor in how the developers interact with you people.

If you are going to criticize people just do it.
Don't give this long rant about us being terrible people and then equivocate with,
I'm not saying this is what actually happens (and it's probably not),
That's just cowardice.

And btw, the devs started that presentation with their giggling inanity and ignoring our concerns.
Don't talk to us about professionalism.
If they want to be treated with respect they should show some themselves.

DeletedUser2870

@qaccy

Why should they deign to respond to the remarks? Well, a couple of reasons actually

- They get their income from us. It's pretty normal to listen to customers
- They gave out a false statement, or rather, several false statements, so its reasonable to respond to people pointing that out
- They caused quite some people to be upset, it would make sense to adress the issues and explain a bit better and in more detail, since the players obviously don't share the idea that their explanations or reasoning made sense
- If they felt, like you obviously do, that people are getting too vehement about it, that in itself should be a reason to adress it.

Also, one might consider the fact that players have for a long time been telling them that the communication should be improved. A very sorry performance like this only reinforces that feeling, because they completely avoided covering the topics that made people acting out on the forum.

I could go on, but all of these should be valid reasons all by themselves, even more so when one combines them.

Last edited by a moderator: