• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Living on the edge

Genefer

When I am moved, I shall go a-visiting all my new neighbourhood. Some will return the visit, some will ignore me, and all manner of others inbetween! So be it.

Or, you can be moved from one dead zone to another - like me :) so perhaps you are still helping yourself lol

Count Rupert

I want the goldmine neighbors to act in a manner that is similar to how regular neighbors act in order to avoid players experiencing culture shock when they get moved.
All we're looking for. The devil is in the details as to how to accomplish that. I can tell you the possible shock or disappointment of being moved after some system is put in place to correct the disadvantages we're under will be nothing like the shock and disappointment I have week, after week; month after month facing no end in sight and no hope of being moved.

Genefer

Been suggested that those who purchased diamonds don't get removed for example. Unknown whether those removed from the map are ever deleted or not.

I can tell you with certainty players that purchase diamonds are not favored relative to map position.

I do not think any city is ever deleted by the game - we cannot even delete our own city if we stop playing.

I did not play for close to 2 months and my city was in the exact location as when I had last logged in, so the idea that it was moved off the map and placed back on the map in the exact location the second I enter the game is hard to believe.

It is a fact that I know without doubt - in my last location I was surrounded by "neighbors" who had not played for months to years.

How long I know from Elvenstats - ongoing I know because they never appeared in the trader & they never reciprocated neighborly help.

Elvenstats using score change to measure activity is a valid choice, because to have no change would require a player to enter the city and back out. If the player completes 1 encounter in a province for an event quest, adds and remove level 1s for FS adventures or event quests, - upgrade a wonder, removes any ranking building into or out of storage - all of these actions cause score fluctuation - and if none of these instances occurs in a month - that is not an active player.

Count Rupert

I can tell you with certainty players that purchase diamonds are not favored relative to map position.

I do not think any city is ever deleted by the game - we cannot even delete our own city if we stop playing.

I did not play for close to 2 months and my city was in the exact location as when I had last logged in, so the idea that it was moved off the map and placed back on the map in the exact location the second I enter the game is hard to believe.

It is a fact that I know without doubt - in my last location I was surrounded by "neighbors" who had not played for months to years.

How long I know from Elvenstats - ongoing I know because they never appeared in the trader & they never reciprocated neighborly help.

Elvenstats using score change to measure activity is a valid choice, because to have no change would require a player to enter the city and back out. If the player completes 1 encounter in a province for an event quest, adds and remove level 1s for FS adventures or event quests, - upgrade a wonder, removes any ranking building into or out of storage - all of these actions cause score fluctuation - and if none of these instances occurs in a month - that is not an active player.
I wasn't implying diamond purchases gave any favorable treatment as to map location. I only mentioned it in reference to whether such cities are removed from the map once they go inactive as there have been claims of such cities being on the map for periods far in excess of the cities I have actually experienced being removed from the map. If you were close you may not have been removed from the map. Even if you were, I have no idea how it's done to know what the chances are if you return that you'll be returned to the spot you were removed from are. ElvenStats uses score because it's the only metric for activity they have access to while Inno has login information. I only know that cities are being removed from the map and it's done after 60 days of not logging in. The game has it's social aspects and it's conceivable there are players who log in only to chat with friends.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I'm glad you were able to handle it better than me. I admit I have issues that are certainly not making it any easier for me.
It was just the neighborhood to me. I didn't know other neighborhoods were different until I got moved. My Khelonaar city is just beginning it's goldmine transition.

Last edited:

Count Rupert

I can see that. My neighborhood was just a neighborhood as well. It was only after Deborah M became a part of my neighborhood and having seen her comments dealing with the subject on the forum that I learned where I was and the future I was facing. That and have some neighbor city names being "Please Help, my neighborhood is bad". :)

Genefer

Given the inconsistencies of the experiences & observations among the "chosen" and what I have heard from support - I really think the map programming is not working as intended - perhaps the code was corrupted when adding or removing another feature.

It is commonly believed within the forum - that a city on the edge will not be moved until a spot opens relative to the city boosts. Isn't it odd that I was on the western edge for near a year - my city was finally relocated, and the new location was nowhere near the edge. Two weeks later I am within the eastern edge of desolation - now with 64 goldmines - without any notification of another move. It's as though my city was pinned, and the entire map is shifting to the left.

If a spot finally opened and triggered my relocation - and my city is still active - how am I in desolation again? I have not been notified of another move, yet I am clearly in a 3rd location.

It seems broken to me-

Genefer

You know - maybe these inactive cities that are still on the map after years are players that have purchased diamonds. Perhaps if a player purchases diamonds - all of their cities will remain on the map regardless of if they are actively playing all cities. Maybe that is why none of my cities have ever been killed or removed due to inactivity.

If this is the case, it can be resolved by providing a setting where we can indicate our abandonment of the city and please remove so I am not the dead city burden for other players and/or demolish it from the world entirely.

Though choosing to demolish would have to prevent the same account from building another city on that world to eliminate building and breaking done cities endlessly to funnel diamonds into your account to be used on other world/s.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
Cities who purchase diamonds are eventually removed. Not sure how long it takes, I quit playing for 2 years came back and my cities were gone. It took 4ish years for them to be completely deleted and the name to be released.

Last edited:

Huor

I would be happy if they would just open the trader to the world level instead of the little scouting circle. it may still be full if nothing but t3 cross trades, but at least it may be packed. lol

Alram

Flippers just flip
I would be happy if they would just open the trader to the world level instead of the little scouting circle. it may still be full if nothing but t3 cross trades, but at least it may be packed. lol
lol please Nooooo!
I already have more than enough pages and pages of spammers in my little neighborhood. Please don't give me ALL the spams on the planet! :eek:

Genefer

Is the dead zone used to artificially increase the level of difficulty? For example - if the performance of a city is substantially higher than the average city in the same chapter, that the expansion penalty causes annoyance for the player, but does not increase the challenge of the game enough to - I don't know buy expansions for space to put additional buildings to recover from the penalty?

I wonder, because my city was relocated to a robust neighborhood - I placed an expansion and suddenly I am on the edge again with 23 Goldmines - placed another expansion with 63 goldmines & dead cities. I never received notice when I was relocated to the dead zone.

Is that what determines who assumes the burden of the edge of the map?

Count Rupert

Is the dead zone used to artificially increase the level of difficulty? For example - if the performance of a city is substantially higher than the average city in the same chapter, that the expansion penalty causes annoyance for the player, but does not increase the challenge of the game enough to - I don't know buy expansions for space to put additional buildings to recover from the penalty?

I wonder, because my city was relocated to a robust neighborhood - I placed an expansion and suddenly I am on the edge again with 23 Goldmines - placed another expansion with 63 goldmines & dead cities. I never received notice when I was relocated to the dead zone.

Is that what determines who assumes the burden of the edge of the map?
Interesting question. Some things might be easier to accept if you understood the why.

Genefer

What is your city composition - Military, Diplomacy, or hybrid?

Do you participate in the Spire? How high do you climb? Do you rely on troops, resources, or both?

What is your average Tournament Score? Do you use troops, resources or both?

How many Ancient Wonders and levels do you have?

How high is your Culture Bonus?

Have you ever purchased diamonds? Don't feel like you are an inferior player if you do, because effort & strategy determine the quality of a player - not if they have purchased an expansion, used diamonds in the spire, or completed the build on an upgrade, because they can't stand to wait and are out of time boosts.

Besides - your diamond purchase is the only reason there is a game for non-payers to play - on your dollar.

Anyway, I am just curious of the performance & composition of cities in the dead zone.

Last edited:

Alram

Flippers just flip
My Fely city didn't get moved until I had 57 mines out of a possible 158 neighbors. It would be nice to know if some merciful computer program read my city and took pity on the poor, feeble little thing. :)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Well, I went from 27 goldmines a couple of weeks ago to 43 now, so I think they're creeping in. I still like this neighborhood; a lot of good people here. But if I had my druthers, I'd rather be closer to the center. Funny because my little city in chapter 7 that I've ignored somewhat is right in the heart of the world. No goldmines at all. I really don't get that.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
My Harander city is in chapter 9. No fellowship, no tournament, bronze spire when I think about, catering city, culture 160% with no spells, 96 Wonder levels, purchased lots of diamonds.....

69 gold mines out of 204 possible neighbors.

None of my other cities are on the edge.