• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Living on the edge

Genefer

Personally, the idea of my city being targeted for playing well - infuriates me. More so, because my costs have not increased substantially - requiring adjustments - I have lost the ability to improve, because no matter what I do the very next week my effort is negated by the removal of more active neighbors. Living in desolation has effectively put my city in stasis, because to play the Spire & Tournament to my satisfaction requires a substantial number of resources, that I cannot obtain without neighbors.

After I was initially relocated, I was looking forward to removing 16 Culture buildings that I had to have in my previous location to achieve the 170% culture Bonus - combined these buildings consume 5.16 expansions of my city space. Until I can afford to remove these buildings, I cannot even begin working on Chapter 16 - beyond the 1st research.

Also, the emotional response to meeting the challenge of new obstacles is far different from having the rope cut preventing you from ever topping the mountain. If I have the all the pieces of the game (the rope) I can reach the top, because I put the effort into understanding and implementing every tool available to the best of my ability, but when the pieces are removed from the game, I will never see the top.

Alram

Flippers just flip
How many neighbor visits are you getting everyday? How many neighbors do you have?

Last edited:

Genefer

No, there is no evidence, but I cannot find another explanation for the movement of my city, if it is accurate - that a city is moved when a spot sharing the same boosts becomes available. If that is true, then my city was moved from a location with 123 Goldmines and near as many dead cities - when a spot opened - if this is accurate - how did I lose the spot of the new location?

We always wonder when we will be moved to the active portion of the map, but we never question how we - as active players - lost our position on the active map.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
@Alram

In my edge city, no FS, I am getting around 50 visits a day. 69 gold mines and 135 neighbors. I actually do not consider it a bad return. Especially since I do not visit everyday.

Genefer

How many neighbor visits are you getting everyday? How many neighbors do you have?

I have not checked the active status of my "neighbors", but I have 268 neighboring cities, & 63 Goldmines - I have had 40 neighbor visits today.

bulldurham2

I would not want my city deleted either, but I also would not want a city that has been inactive for 4 years to be my neighbor either. A city that has been inactive for 4 years should not be on the map - I resent paying the cost to acquire neighbors only to find my new neighbors haven't played in years or even months. I think moving them to a separate server would improve the game for every player and would improve player retention substantially.
I think a different server would be a bridge too far. It would be possible, but would Inno devote the resources to make that happen? I think an easier solution is to have them in a separate area of the map where they are so far out that no players can get to them.

Genefer

In my last location, prior to my informed move, I had 123 Goldmines and close to the same number of inactive players - and I do know this.

Genefer

Yes, that is a good cheap fix - only requires setting a duration of inactivity threshold and tossing in a timer.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
If the move works the way Inno says it does, every Monday I will have more gold mines in my Edge city. As the players on the edge(farther out than I am) are getting moved in. I will get moved when I am farther out than anyone else with my boosts.

Genefer

I wonder how many cities are still on the map, because they are only used as prop cities for Spire Gold & 10 Chest pushes, & FA? This might explain the steep increases in neighborly visits during FAs - unfortunately the Main Hall is the preferred choice - though I lose a lot of coin badge opportunities with the Main Hall hit.

I joined a fellowship, and 6 members had cities that were added and removed from the Fellowship for adventures. So, this is another false neighbor that might explain the dead cities still on the map.

Genefer

So, my city wasn't relocated without notice - my city is in desolation again, because my city is being leapfrogged?

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
So, my city wasn't relocated without notice - my city is in desolation again, because my city is being leapfrogged?
If it is working, yes. Anyone with your boosts that is out farther than you are will get moved before you do.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
I play on mobile so I can not zoom out on the map.
Elvenar_2023-05-04-06-12-28.jpg

I am very close to the edge. I will get moved in when I am farther out than anyone else with my boosts. The edge is not stable though, sometimes it reverses direction. Like during an Ad push by Inno.

Genefer

The edge is not stable though, sometimes it reverses direction. Like during an Ad push by Inno.

There is also the question of direction - above me there is only 1 city with my boosts - above that city - is gold - city - gold then my map ends. Is the furthest out relative to our city or the center of the map. How many cities have to move before the city above me is moved based on his location? Does furthest out apply to the ring as a whole meaning will my city remain until every other boost city is moved from the dead zone area for the entire portion of the ring closest to my city in my discovered map currently in the dead zone?

Thinking about the map composition when my city was relocated it dd not occur until my discovered map was in the dead zone top, left, & bottom. So, I can expect to remain in the dead zone until I am the last city with my boost - top, left, & bottom of the 17th ring. How long will that take - another year of watching my city's performance decline, another year until I can begin Chapter 16 unless I cut out the Spire & Catering portion of the Tournament?

Why did it take a year to be relocated, but only 2 weeks to lose position due to this leapfrog method?

Is it broken or are support staff misled about the process. Support told me that cities are moved Sunday/Monday - this is not so - this is last night.

example city movement.png

I have cut off the players name, so it is not deleted by the moderators.

Thos hands do not correspond with a player - there were 11 last night - the number of neighbors on the list increases temporarily while 11 cities are swapped - on a Wednesday night. This occurs any day of the week and on multiple days of the week. Assuming the leapfrog movement pattern and the speed of cities moving in out of my neighborhood - no city should be stuck on the edge for a year. The fact that it took 2 weeks to be moved back off the map proves this true. So why are some cities pinned to the dead zone for months, year, and years? That is what I want to know - what is it about those cities that leaves them stranded.

Perhaps it is the Boost ratio. While checking on my neighbors in my last location the number of crystal, steel, & elixir boost cities carried a far higher rate of abandonment - is this the answer? Is the boost ratio is skewed causing silk, marble, & gem cities to be stranded in the dead zone & surrounded by abandoned cities longer than expected?

Genefer

t's even worse than that. I thought that was the most recent number, but it's actually from Sunday. Monday was 4 visits, Tuesday was 4 visits, and Wednesday was 8 visits. Must peak over the weekend.
No wonder the only thing keeping you in the game is the commitment you feel for your Fellowship.