• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Locked Fellowship

Avalon MoonStar

Can a Fellowship be locked so that new potential members can't join? Our Mage has been inactive for a bit (we are a"relaxed play" fellowship) and one of our number has a friend that would like to join us. Since we have 3 open slots she should be able to make the request. However, the button to click on is grayed out. She did just leave another fellowship to join us and is aware that she needs to wait 24 hours, but when she goes to other fellowships sh is able to click the "request to join button", which gives her the "WAIT" message. Anyone have any ideas? I want to give her contingent membership, pending final approval from our Mage upon his return.

Thanks,
AvalonMoonStar
Fellowship Mage

DeletedUser22644

yes it can be, but any mage should be able to change it in the overview tab click edit.

Also you have 6 other inactive players it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Ambassadors and higher can send out invitations.
Only members can't

I have locked my own fellowship form sollicitations as well, so we always need to send out the invite after an e-mail contact.
This saves me cleaning up the few dozen newbies every day

Avalon MoonStar

Thank you for getting back to me!! If my Archmage locked it, I'll leave it alone and wait until he comes back.

We do have several "inactive" players, but we are a "relaxed" play fellowship so that is allowed. Not sure of the length of inactivity allowed, so that's something else I'm going to leave alone for a few more months.

Thanks again!!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If you are talking about your fellowship on Harandar, according to the elvenstats website, your Archmage has not played in about two months. So he specifically said he would be back, I was assume he is gone for good. I would assume he is gone because it looks like he stopped playing all his other cities at the same time. Since you are the only Mage in the fellowship, it is your job to keep it going. If you want to take over as Archmage, you will have to contact Support in-game and have them change your title and give you ownership of the fellowship.

But whatever you do, on a side note, you are playing on a US server and a fellowship where the group name uses the word clan, but spells it with a K instead of a C, would make me not very trusting of the person who named it. But you, as Mage, can do anything other than delete the fellowship. So you can change the ranks of other members, change the name of the fellowship, change the banner, change the description, accept new members and kick people out.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@AvalonMoonStar
I agree with Enevhar. Absent specific contact from the ArchMage, I would at least assume leadership while pondering how to handle it if they in fact don't return. That would include sending in a support ticket and getting the AM status changed to someone else in the group, and expelling the current AM. I probably would wait a bit longer before pulling that trigger. I'm not an AM anywhere, but I would not think any AM would want their FS to stagnate in the event of a long term absence if they indeed intended to return.
I'd probably make the 'executive decision' to change the status from Closed to Applications Only. Then I'd put something in the overview that stated for applicants to send a message to me when applying. That lets you just delete applications of anyone who can't follow simple directions and will weed out a bunch of applications making that process less time consuming. I'd let all Ambassadors know what I was doing and if any were particularly interested, I might make 1 or 2 Mages so they could help me. Then, we'd start making decisions together on expelling inactive members, etc.
If the AM returned, they could undo anything I did in a few mouse clicks (including expelling me if I really ticked them off, lol!). I'd also hesitate to edit the name of the group since the AM obviously chose it, but I do agree spelling clan with a K could use a second look.
But that's all just me and my personality, too. Casual is one thing, but it must be organized casual or I'll either take control or crack up, lol!

DeletedUser22644

Let me third that agreement on the advice given to assume control, you can always give it back if the AM returns and asks.
Oh and for the record that is one reason you are a mage, think of it as second in command. so take over and rebuild the way you want to

Al

if Avalon is talking about her Harandar fs, i know who the archmage is as i am in one of his other fellowships. he left when the lockdowns due to COVID-19 started as he plays Elvenar in a library and wouldn't be able to gain access to the internet, so i wouldn't recommend kicking him out as archmage and taking over his fellowship. as a mage, she can edit the overview to unlock the fellowship and let her friend join, which it would be all right to do, but i, for one, would not recommend booting the AM. when the pandemic is over, if he still hasn't returned after a few months and no one has heard from him, then Avalon can consider contacting inno and having herself made AM in his place.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Wow no internet@home, guess that still exists in these times.
I still wonder if a player would return after such a long absence of the game.

I also find it poor leadership that you know but his own fellowship and his fellow mages do not,

SimplyNoble

I returned to the
Wow no internet@home, guess that still exists in these times.
I still wonder if a player would return after such a long absence of the game.

I also find it poor leadership that you know but his own fellowship and his fellow mages do not,

I returned to the game after taking about 6 months off in 2019. So yes sometimes people do come back. Given the circumstances I think it is early to try to replace the AM. Others have given good advice on how to manage in his/her absence.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
he returned to the fs i'm in with him yesterday. said he'd be back to play again soon.

That is good. Even if he does not have time to play, just popping in and updating his fellowships is helpful. Let him know if he does not want to show as inactive on sites like elvenstats, he just needs to change his score by a few points every two weeks. Completing even just one encounter in a province will do that.