1. Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team
    Dismiss Notice

Open Logging out crashes Chrome

Discussion in 'Found a bug?' started by Risen Malchiah, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Risen Malchiah

Risen Malchiah Well-Known Member

Game version: v1.89.2-(7860524) (2019-10-07 09:10) - HTML version
    Game world: Felyndral
    Browser + version: Chrome Version 77.0.3865.120
    Operating System: Windows 7
    Account name: Risen Malchiah

Reproducibility: 4/5 = happens often, but not always

Current situation:
    After playing extensively, when logging out of the game, Chrome hangs and becomes unresponsive. Using the Task Manager in Windows, I can force Chrome to close but the processes still hang around for a while making it difficult to reload the browser. I do not know if this is a problem with the game or with Chrome but I have only encountered this issue with the HTML version of Elvenar.

Playing for a short time does not seem to cause the problem. Closing the browser without logging out also has no issues.

Expected situation:
    Expected to return to the log-in screen.

Reproduction Steps
    _ Use Chrome running the HTML version of the game
    2. _ Play extensively (tourney, quests, visits, etc)
    3. _ Manually log out of the game

2. Fairy Dust

Fairy Dust
    Co-Community Manager
    Elvenar Team

Thank you for reporting this. So if you use Flash, this does not happen?

3. Enevhar Aldarion

Enevhar Aldarion Well-Known Member

Chrome is a memory hog, so it may be the browser, or something in it's settings, that is doing this. I use Chrome and html5 and the game will be slow in logging out sometimes if I am in the game for a while, but I have never had it cause Chrome to completely freeze up.

4. Risen Malchiah

Risen Malchiah Well-Known Member

It never froze up before while using Flash. I'd still be using Flash if it weren't for the annoying popup forcing me to allow it every time. But I tend to log in and out multiple times each day so that minor thing adds up after a while. I'll try switching back to Flash for a few days to see if the problem persists (in which case it would be a Chrome issue) or if the problem goes away.