• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Looking for a New Archmage for our Fellowship

.crissie

I have been an Archmage for over a year. I have health problems that need my attention. I have asked players in my fellowship if any of them want to be the Archmage and haven't had any joy for that. How do I find a new Archmage? I really need to do this soon. Help!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Unfortunately, if none of them want to take on the job, you only have two choices. Make one of them the archmage anyway or disband the fellowship. And if you are not quitting completely, just stepping down and making someone else the archmage will just create bad feelings. I hate to say it, but this is one of those situations with no good outcome.

Gladiola

Depending on how many active players are in your fellowship, you might also explore the possibility of merging with another fellowship. Don't feel guilty about stepping back. Make sure that you have one or two mages who are appointed who can carry on the work. Your first responsibility is to take care of yourself.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I'm so sorry you're having that problem, Crissie. There's not an easy solution. What world are you on, by the way?

Kekune

I looked you up...is this your city on US6? If so, it looks like your group has only 16 active members in it. I agree with Gladiola's suggestion above to seek a merger. That takes some work, but you'd keep your members together who want to stay together, AND find a willing AM.

If you don't have the time or energy for that now, then Enevhar is right: you have to either disband, or assign it to someone and hope for the best. If you give everyone a date for when you plan to actually disband, they'll all have an opportunity to figure out what's best for them.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@.crissie Sorry to hear of your health issues; hoping for a good outcome for you. If you haven't found anyone receptive to being asked, I'd stop asking. I'd send out a message to the entire FS:

Due to health problems, I will no longer be able to be the AM in this FS. We currently have 5 out of our 21 members who stopped playing between Jan and April of this year and I haven't had the time/energy to remove them or recruit new members. That is the biggest thing a new AM will need to work on. This FS has been around for over 3 years and I'd hate for it to just disappear. But, my options are limited to:
1: Appoint a new AM from within the current membership.
2: Disband the FS
Disbanding the FS leaves all members needing to either form a new FS or find a new FS to join. Unless someone is willing to take on the AM title, I'll have no choice but to disband the FS on [insert date here].

***Then depending on if you would like to remain as a player/member***
Since I think I'll still have the time to play, I'd much prefer someone take over that title and I can continue to play with all of you. I'd help out as much as I could, just know that will be very limited at least for awhile. But, if no one else is willing, disbanding is what will have to happen. Sadly, we'll all be looking for a new FS.

***Whether you use the above paragraph or not, I'd end it with:
I'll miss all of you very much, and I'm very sorry, but this is totally out of my control.

That should make folks take you seriously.

Deleted User - 849402856

@.crissie Sorry to hear of your health issues; hoping for a good outcome for you. If you haven't found anyone receptive to being asked, I'd stop asking. I'd send out a message to the entire FS:

Due to health problems, I will no longer be able to be the AM in this FS. We currently have 5 out of our 21 members who stopped playing between Jan and April of this year and I haven't had the time/energy to remove them or recruit new members. That is the biggest thing a new AM will need to work on. This FS has been around for over 3 years and I'd hate for it to just disappear. But, my options are limited to:
1: Appoint a new AM from within the current membership.
2: Disband the FS
Disbanding the FS leaves all members needing to either form a new FS or find a new FS to join. Unless someone is willing to take on the AM title, I'll have no choice but to disband the FS on [insert date here].

***Then depending on if you would like to remain as a player/member***
Since I think I'll still have the time to play, I'd much prefer someone take over that title and I can continue to play with all of you. I'd help out as much as I could, just know that will be very limited at least for awhile. But, if no one else is willing, disbanding is what will have to happen. Sadly, we'll all be looking for a new FS.

***Whether you use the above paragraph or not, I'd end it with:
I'll miss all of you very much, and I'm very sorry, but this is totally out of my control.

That should make folks take you seriously.

This is one of the best answers I have so far seen on this forum. The suggested message is written very clearly, includes probably all the major points that need to be included, and at the same time shows the affection the AM has for the FS. I can see that @samidodamage has put a lot of care into writing up the message.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I would like to say how very impressed I am with you @.crissie. So often an Archmage goes inactive or leaves. The default when an AM departs is that the Mage of the longest standing receives the title, or if no mages then the Ambassador who's had the title the longest.

Sorry to hear about your health issues, I do hope Sami's proposed strategy works for you. Best of luck.

Last edited: