• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Lot's of us in my FS are getting long load times when doing visits

DeletedUser3507

Even when we turn down graphic qualities..

Winyador/US2 server

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3122

Sometimes it depends which browser you're using. I had really bad luck with IE because it constantly needs the cache cleared.

I prefer Firefox but it's far more glitchy than Chrome. On my desktop, Firefox is fine (running Win7). On my laptop (running Win10 and a smaller screen), I can't even begin to zoom out very much and everything is wayyyyyy too magnified, unlike Chrome or IE.

Needless to say, some better browser support is also important.

Internet providers can play a part - depends on your d/l speed. The more rural folks with less bandwidth tend to have terrible loading issues.

If you put your graphics settings on low, it should help with this issue quite a bit.

The real issue could be resolved if they stop using flash, which is extremely rapidly becoming antiquated.

DeletedUser3507

I have xFinity 250 Mbps and I am using chrome 64 bit on Win 10 pro.
I am guessing Winyador/US2 is too full. And needs a higher capacity server.

DeletedUser115

I just tried on US2 and I'm getting regular speeds. I'll mark as cannot reproduce for now, but if it continues feel free to bump the thread. :)

DeletedUser3507

Realize our fs has a majority of maxed cities if that's a factor,

DeletedUser7370

There is clearly display speed issue with more advanced cities than nearly empty cities. Many youtube videos of the game show the problem. If the devs are unaware of it then they must also be unaware of time because it is obvious to everyone else.

The load period (shield with little progress bar) is consistent, the time it takes to display the city buildings after load can vary from nearly instantaneous to 7 seconds on my system and the variance is linear with the amount of space filled by buildings in the city. During that time actions such as neighborly helps or jumping to the world map can be done but none of the buildings display.