• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Lounge, Likes, and Laughs

Aritra

Does anyone know why there's no "like" button in the lounge?

I've said in thread a few times that I wish there was a laughing button or emoji; Many of you are hilarious and expression of appreciation deserves more than a like.
But at least there is a like button.
Why not in the lounge?

edit/update: Just occurred to me that maybe likes interferes with trophies, in which case just call it something else. Yet, I don't believe lounge posts are tallied toward trophies, so if that section is already segregated to not count toward that, then using like shouldn't be an issue. Again, why no like button in lounge?

[I posted here instead of ideas/suggestions because I didn't want to do the proposal write up. Call me lazy or whatever, I'm being honest. If this hasn't been processed/addressed or needs follow up, I hope someone will because I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. TBH, I'd be quite surprised if this has never actually been pursued. It seems so obvious. I hope this is already on the list of upcoming changes for whoever manages forum aspects.]

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Just occurred to me that maybe likes interferes with trophies, in which case just call it something else. Yet, I don't believe lounge posts are tallied toward trophies, so if that section is already segregated to not count toward that
Removal of the like button is how they segregated it from trophies :(

Aritra

Removal of the like button is how they segregated it from trophies :(
grrrr Then why not call it something else (so coding wouldn't recognize it as the same thing)?
I'm not a coder but I don't understand why this is such a difficult thing to have.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I like the idea of a like button in the Lounge. Even if it said "like" but was coded to not impact anything, that would be fine.

I suspect there is no like because if somebody makes a comment that is controversial (heaven forbid!) and a lot of people liked it, a lot of other people would feel compelled to jump in and say the "don't like" it. This could and has often, led to the "war" spilling out onto other threads. Inno is deathly afraid of anything controversial on the forums probably because they believe almost nobody knows how to have a civil conversation about highly charged subjects. And sadly, while most people probably can, most of the time we find ourselves "triggered" and react too quickly to whatever it is we disagree saying stupid things, often about the messenger rather than the message. "When emotions rule, they seldom rule well"

AJ

Aritra

I like the idea of a like button in the Lounge. Even if it said "like" but was coded to not impact anything, that would be fine.

I suspect there is no like because if somebody makes a comment that is controversial (heaven forbid!) and a lot of people liked it, a lot of other people would feel compelled to jump in and say the "don't like" it. This could and has often, led to the "war" spilling out onto other threads. Inno is deathly afraid of anything controversial on the forums probably because they believe almost nobody knows how to have a civil conversation about highly charged subjects. And sadly, while most people probably can, most of the time we find ourselves "triggered" and react too quickly to whatever it is we disagree saying stupid things, often about the messenger rather than the message. "When emotions rule, they seldom rule well"
AJ
To your first comment: exactly!
To your second comment: How is this different than the like-ability in the main forum? Do they see it riskier because the lounge is meant to be not game-related and so real-world controversies could erupt more easily, whereas more easily shut down as "off topic" in the game-related forum?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
To your first comment: exactly!
To your second comment: How is this different than the like-ability in the main forum? Do they see it riskier because the lounge is meant to be not game-related and so real-world controversies could erupt more easily, whereas more easily shut down as "off topic" in the game-related forum?

The forum for other things is considered less controversial because usually people don't get all bent out of shape if you think having a new feature is a good thing or not. And discussion of such things is thought to be necessary or the players have no way to influence the game. Even with that there have been some rough patches as people stray into personal attacks because somebody misunderstood what couldn't possibly have been misunderstood and thus were definitely being trolls! I'm sure of it! Dog gone it! ;)

AJ