• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Low Resource Warning

able99

By design, there are so many different resources within Elvenar that must be managed and balanced. There are many things we can do to effect our resource levels from trading, using enchantments to speed up production of goods or tools, training one type of troop over another, selecting what some buildings produce, and the list of options we have goes on.

The challenge is to keep an eye on every resource level and take action when a level gets lower than you like.
With so many things going on, its easy to forget to take action on any particular resource.

I would like to see a Low Balance Warning. A logical place for it would be a new 5th tab in Inventory next to Sorceries.

When this tab is clicked, a Drop Down list is displayed listing all relevant resources. The ones included or omitted can be determined.

Each player should be able to set their individual low level limit for each resource. This can take the form of a + or - the way we do when trading resources the the Trader. I see this as important since every city is different and requires different resource levels.

Whenever a resource falls below the set limit a LOW Red Flag is put on that resource similar to the way we see the New Flag on the Summonings or Instants.
The number of Low Flags should be displayed in the Low Balance Warning tab, just as they appear for the other Tabs.

This proposal doesn't ask INNO or any new resources or freebies, just information which is easy to access so we can act. Its what makes Elvenar fun.

Alram

Flippers just flip
That big blue "Would you like to buy the missing resources?" notification is pretty exciting. It always gets my heart pounding. ;)

able99

I wouldn't worry about the coding, thats what the programmers get paid for.
There is really nothing new needed. Drop downs are always done all the time, as are new tabs.
The Flags I described are similar to "New" flag whenever you get new instant.
The drop down list with numbers is similar to Trade menu.
Number on Tab to alert you to look at it is nothing new.
If programmers cant do it, INNO needs new programmers
Question should be.... Is it a useful idea? Will people use feature and benefit from it? Does it hurt anyone?
I think its all positive and makes playing more fun.

StarLoad

I wouldn't worry about the coding, thats what the programmers get paid for.
That is a dangerous assumption, I have worked with game Devs directly and in games that were several years old with hundreds of updates and all it takes is one simple issue to break something very much. Also, the original programmers may or may not have provided the base source code ( Yes it happens ) and patches can do great harm.

Ed

able99

For a company like INNO with many different games, there would be no way to continually upgrade the games, as they do, if there no standard documentation practices. The source code is certainly available and completely documented.
Helya made the comment once that a programmer was assigned to a task.
No way that could happen if documentation practices are not followed.

If we are concerned about the programmers ability to implement a suggestion, then every idea suggested would turn into a discussion about what the programmers can do and how difficult is it. The whole concept of introducing ideas to make Elvenar better goes out the window, and should be replaced with how good are INNO programmers.

It is fair to say there are priorities and other features should be done first, but never worry about the programmers ability.

I appreciate your comment that a Low Resource Warning is an interesting idea.
Would it be useful, and can you see yourself using it? What would you add or eliminate?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Would it be useful, and can you see yourself using it? What would you add or eliminate?

I can see it as useful to get a low resource warning popup. I don't think a special tab would be useful, because I have no problem scanning the tab I have now and seeing which resource is low and which isn't. And if I forget to scan the tab I've got, I would also forget to scan a special tab. But a warning when you're about to click on a spire guardian, yes, that would be immensely useful.

But every change must be considered in the context of, "How does this help Inno?" Yes, happy customers make for paying customers, but in this case, I see Inno saying, "If people got a warning of low resources, they would back out of the spire, (or whatever else) and then they'd never get nearly through, run out, and buy the goods from us to complete the transaction."

If you could come up with something that shows that this "may" help Inno's bottom line but in no way would ever hurt Inno's bottom line, then I could see them doing it. I for one would love it.

StarLoad

I appreciate your comment that a Low Resource Warning is an interesting idea.
TBH, I don't think I would use it. As my Lowest resource of basic goods is 5Mil and I have millions of Orcs and Mana and 400K seeds. I have enough Sentient goods too so I cant see where it would help me.

Ed

able99

@ed1960 Fair enough, your comfort level is to have high reserves. That's why I propose ability to set low level limit. Its just a reminder flag that maybe you want to use a manufacturing enchantment on a resource, or its time to swap out some Mana building for some seed building. You probably take those action a;ready, and this idea may remind you its time for action.

@Darielle Yep, bottom line is always the bottom line motivator. Hard to monetize a game that you play for free, and should stay free. One could argue that a player would spend dollars when a resource is low, but I don't buy that argument either.
I'd argue the feature makes the game better, so more players would join.

If the objective is to only have suggestions that will make money for INNO, then go for corporate sponsers. We could have Budweisser beer instead of Strawberry beer. Sell naming right to building, like Trump's Properity Tower or The Hilton Spire. All Avatars could were corporate logo hats and clothing. Darielle, of course I am joking. Fundamentally you are right.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
@ed1960 Fair enough, your comfort level is to have high reserves. That's why I propose ability to set low level limit. Its just a reminder flag that maybe you want to use a manufacturing enchantment on a resource, or its time to swap out some Mana building for some seed building. You probably take those action a;ready, and this idea may remind you its time for action.

@Darielle Yep, bottom line is always the bottom line motivator. Hard to monetize a game that you play for free, and should stay free. One could argue that a player would spend dollars when a resource is low, but I don't buy that argument either.
I'd argue the feature makes the game better, so more players would join.

If the objective is to only have suggestions that will make money for INNO, then go for corporate sponsers. We could have Budweisser beer instead of Strawberry beer. Sell naming right to building, like Trump's Properity Tower or The Hilton Spire. All Avatars could were corporate logo hats and clothing. Darielle, of course I am joking. Fundamentally you are right.
Lol, I think I've had enough of one certain person, at least, to last me a lifetime, rofl! But yeah, it's funny, hehe!