• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Lucky Little Fin

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I was enjoying this event until now and I'll either be stuck on this task for DAYS or I'll just give up and take a break from the game again. This is usually how it goes for me...I get bored and disappear for a few months. This particular task bites as I don't want to use up all my combining catalysts making junk I don't want/need, and making things I do want (boosters) would take 2-3 days for me to collect the 22 vision vapor. I'm early in Orcs so researching a technology will take several days at best. Even 12 vision vapor would have been a pain in the rear but it's doable without it taking forever. Ugh.
Most people get CCs from MA, but some of us prioritize its importance and get them from various building sets and Spire to the point where we don't need the CCs from MA. If you don't have the sets or do Spire to supplement your MA, well, obviously it gets worse when you take random breaks since relying on MA for CC requires only time. You can only make 4 a day with a maxed out level 5 MA, which btw, is best use of diamonds early game. With a fully upgraded MA, you have 5 slots and only need to queue them once a day since it takes 6 hrs to make one CC (x5 slots = 30hrs queues). Producing CCs quests are sprinkled in every event so it's best to wrap your head around the game mechanics of Magic Academy now. Otherwise if you peace out to take another break, which you are of course free to do, you'll just be repeating the same problem and same experience with not enough CCs at the next event, all while thinking they're too precious to "waste" crafting. The MA is one of the key places to get in-game free diamonds. Every 100 vision vapor lets you open a mystery object chest and some of the mystery object chests have a chance at 500 diamonds. Therefore, for some of us, "wasting" CCs to craft nonsense is part of our strategy to cycle through as many mystery object chests to give ourselves as many opportunities to win 500 diamonds. Hence, we prioritize finding ways to acquire as many CCs a day as possible.
One of the FS I'm in does great at the tournaments, the other one not so much and I suck at the spire of eternity. I rarely get past the first time-locked level because I only fight and won't waste goods or diamonds trying to figure out what those clowns actually want. LOL This explains my lack of a stash of Sips of Clarity. I finished the last event in 5 worlds but not without spending $$ and that's not happening again this year...the game allowance I give myself is empty :rolleyes:
The Spire is the best source of free diamonds in the game and it's actually pretty economical to cater the first 2 sections versus fighting, especially if you're in early chapters. Even by midway through the Gateway (1st section), the stacks used to fight gets pretty large. It's like fighting a lvl 10 province in tourney. Therefore, your troops will stretch further in tourney than Spire, especially early game. Also, the logic to cater is same as the game Mastermind. You can prob just google for a free version of it somewhere and it'll be like improving Spire while playing another game.

Zoof

One of the FS I'm in does great at the tournaments, the other one not so much and I suck at the spire of eternity. I rarely get past the first time-locked level because I only fight and won't waste goods or diamonds trying to figure out what those clowns actually want. LOL This explains my lack of a stash of Sips of Clarity. I finished the last event in 5 worlds but not without spending $$ and that's not happening again this year...the game allowance I give myself is empty :rolleyes:
Those "clowns" are usually easy to figure out most of the time in the first floor and much of the second floor. Though I've allowed my brain to atrophy a bit with the use of The Spire Wizard, which takes much of the thought out of the whole thing.

Spire is one of those things I personally invest heavily in. I'll (almost) always make it to the top in my main city (and if I don't, it's because I dun goofed at the end and forgot to actually do the last section before time ran out), and I'll always at least make it up to the start of the third floor in my experimental cater-only city. The chance for free diamonds, Magic Whatchamacallits, and Artifacts is very enticing, but failing that, the smaller rewards like coin/supply instants, PPs (if you're far enough), time boosters, and teleports are worth the cost.

BrinDarby

.I get bored and disappear for a few months.
and during that time, the rest of us ( clowns ) are using that time
to build up our stash of stuff like CCs, Frags, or Time Boosters.....
So that when an Event comes along, that us clowns know will
require xtra use of such things, we have them and aren't frustrated
like you seem to have become.....

You're much farther than I am, how come you don't have stuff that
gets you more CCs and stuff ??? or did you skip earning that stuff
while you were "dissappeared" ???

By your screenie , if that task gets you stuck.... then every event there
is you're gonna get stuck about the same point = you're not gonna
continually earn the goodies so this doesn't happen.....

I guess have a great summer and we'll see you in a couple months.

StarLoad

and during that time, the rest of us ( clowns ) are using that time
to build up our stash of stuff like CCs, Frags, or Time Boosters.....
So that when an Event comes along, that us clowns know will
require xtra use of such things, we have them and aren't frustrated
like you seem to have become.....

You're much farther than I am, how come you don't have stuff that
gets you more CCs and stuff ??? or did you skip earning that stuff
while you were "dissappeared" ???

By your screenie , if that task gets you stuck.... then every event there
is you're gonna get stuck about the same point = you're not gonna
continually earn the goodies so this doesn't happen.....

I guess have a great summer and we'll see you in a couple months.
Brin, why not try and be helpful and not sarcastic? Also, I boldly highlight that the vast majority of active players for more than a few weeks are past chapters 3-4 where you chose to sit there. so that point is moot, and you should not try to make that an issue.

Ed

BrinDarby

@ed1960 ,
You think I'm being sarcastic, I'm not ..... while there is a hint of
sarcasm in my post its more of a tough love kinda post...

Even my racing city doesn't have these problems, and it doesn't
have F.Ruins, P.Manor, Moonestone, and isn't in a competative
Spire FS ( so doesn't earn a crapload of CCs there from FS )

(6p) Proper planning prevents piss poor performance.....
There is wisdom in that statement.

StarLoad

You think I'm being sarcastic, I'm not ..... while there is a hint of
sarcasm in my post its more of a tough love kinda post...
Brin, it is not what you think of your post it is how others will read it. It does come off as sarcastic (clown references) and the "dissappeared"comment for not having "stuff" all comes off as sarcastic and not helpful. Just saying

Ed

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Also not yet suggested, you could always just ignore the whole event aspect of the game.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Who was saying that Spire would count for today's quest? I have ruled that out just now.

Zoof

At a point where I don't have access to Ancient Wonders in one of my cities, I have to share this little (brown) gem of a Daily Exclusive.

1657499409282.png

I mean, what even. Was this generated algorithmically? Did the devs think we could hold more than 10 broken shards at a time? Did an interdepartmental memo get eaten by the Chaos Demons?