• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

MA Crafting Recipe Reset Time

DeepTerminal

I noticed that my two cities on US server have different reset times for MA crafting recipes. I've spent diamonds on neither to refresh the recipes, so it might be a result of starting them at different times of the day initially.

This got me wondering - what happens when you spend 50 diamonds to refresh the recipes? Does the refresh timer resets to 6 hours, or does it keep the previous time?

If it resets to 6 hours, then that can be used to create a refresh schedule which is more favorable to the player's sleeping schedule.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The timer refreshes. However, you do not need to spend diamonds to synchronize the timers across multiple cities. Disconnecting the magical academy from your road structure freezes the time.

This is a great tip for a lot of buildings that "freeze" when disconnected. I have 4 evolving ones and like to collect them all at once. If they get out of sync I just disconnect them until they are all in sync again. I lose a little production but I prefer that to having to collect at different times.

@Pheryll Great tip!

AJ

DeepTerminal

It works for me.
1. Disconnect MA from road so that it shows a red circle over it.
2. Wait several minutes.
3. Reconnect MA to roads and observe the time countdown is the same as before.

This is very interesting - It only works on browser, but does not work on mobile. One would imagine that the timer for MA (like all aspects of the game) is calculated on their server, so the platform shouldn't make a difference, but apparently it does.

I've yet to test what happens when you disconnect on browser for a long time, and log on with mobile during it.

DeepTerminal

Ok I did some tests:

4 mins mobiletimer did not freeze
4 mins browsertimer froze
1 min browser2 mins mobile1 min browsertimer froze
1 min mobile2 mins browser1 min mobiletimer froze
2 mins mobile2 mins browsertimer froze
2 mins browser2 mins mobiletimer froze

The first two lines are cases where I disconnect on a certain platform, stay logged in and waited for 4 minutes, and reconnect. On mobile, the timer did not freeze. On browser, it froze for 4 minutes.

Then, I tried disconnecting on one platform, waiting 1 minute, and logging off. Then immediately, I logged in on the other platform, waited 2 minutes, and logged off. Then I logged in with the initial platform, waited for 1 minute, and reconnected. In both cases the timer froze.

Then, I tried disconnecting on one platform, waiting 2 minutes, and logging off. Then immediately, I logged in on the other platform, waited 2 minutes, and reconnected. In both cases again, the timer froze.

So it appears that the timer will keep going if and only if I disconnect and reconnect on mobile, and do not log in with browser in between.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
If you disconnect a building from a road in the mobile version it may take longer for the "disconnect" to reach the server than in the browser version. If so, the mobile version may not "freeze." The update cycle of the server on the mobile version may be longer than that of the browser version.

If so then, when, between mobile connections, you go to the browser version, you update things and thus, the timer stops at the time you disconnected in the mobile version (meaning it's just updating things to reflect things already done).

The real difference is in the logging in and out. Since this behavior triggers an update it would appear and thus forces the timer to stop/start according to the connection of the road.

Just my guess.

AJ

DeepTerminal

After those tests, I disconnected my MA last night on browser (in one of the worlds) to reset the timer. I logged in multiple times later last night and this morning on mobile. But just now, when I reconnected it on browser, the timer did not freeze at all. It's been going for this entire time. Very weird.

I did successfully reset the timer for another world, but it only required disconnecting for ~20 mins and I was on browser the entire time.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I need to shift the time a little bit in my Beta city, but not enough to be worth diamonds, so I can fiddle with this there and see what happens.

Edit: disconnected on mobile right after posting and when I got back home almost two hours later, I loaded the game on browser, reconnected the MA, and the countdown was at the same amount still.

Last edited:

DeepTerminal

Quick update: I disconnected my MA for more than 5 hours today, and did not log in with mobile during this time (I even deleted my mobile app). I just reconnected and the timer still did not freeze and has been going this whole time.

The only way that works for me so far is to keep logged in into browser and freeze it in small increments of time.

Deleted User - 4646370

I recorded a 7-minute shift (from 7:03 to 8:10, one hour being from Daylight Savings) in the time crafting recipes reset in both my cities between 5 months ago and now, playing mobile-only. Wonder if disconnecting MA during some city rearrangements is the cause.