• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Magic Academy Crafting disorder

Fayeanne

Game version: v1.119.5-(dc6518d) - html5 (2020-12-22 12:30)
Game world: Winyandor (I think!)
Browser + version: Firefox 84.0
Account name: Fayeanne
Humans or Elves: Human

Reproducibility: 3/5 (only because I haven't tested more than twice)

Current situation:
This is a very minor cosmetic issue, but if you have the Magic Adademy crafting window open at the moment that the recipes cycle due to the timer expiring, the 5 new crafting options are ordered incorrectly in the resulting refresh. Closing the crafting window and re-opening it causes the items to be ordered as intended.

Note that I have not tested whether this happens when forcing the refresh by using Diamonds.

Expected situation:
I would expect the crafting items not to shift around.

Reproduction Steps
Open the crafting window in the Magic Academy.
2. Leave the window open while the timer runs down.
3. Let the timer expire while the window is open.
4. Observe the order of the new crafting options.
5. Close the window.
6. Open the window again and notice the items have changed order.

Screenshots of the bug:

Crafting-1.jpg
This is just prior to the refresh.

Crafting-2.jpg
This is immediately after the crafting window refreshed. Note the order of the options.

Crafting-3.jpg
This is after I closed the crafting window and re-opened it. As a test, I starting crafting the boost building before closing the window. When I re-opened the window, the building had switched position but was still the active crafting. So this bug is display only and doesn't actually cause the user to accidentally craft the wrong item or anything like that.

michmarc

You don't have to have the crafting window open to see this -- the first time you open the crafting window with new options, you get the 'first' order and when you re-open it, you get the 'second' (reversed) order. I've seen this for a few months -- it's odd but it hasn't bothered me too much.

Fayeanne

You don't have to have the crafting window open to see this -- the first time you open the crafting window with new options, you get the 'first' order and when you re-open it, you get the 'second' (reversed) order.

But only if the timer rolled over while you were logged in? I haven't seen this personally, but I'm usually not in-game at the moment that the timer expires.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Does it for me every time I open the crafter after the refresh. Including the one after I get on in the mornings (usually around 9-9:30am) that refreshes at 4am when I'm definitely logged off. Like @michmarc, closing and reopening it resets the order.

Aritra

I often am present at the actual switch. I have noticed for some time that the different slots may appear in different orders, initially at switch and again at "random" other times I reopen the window (I've never paid attention to see if it switched order every time I reopened the window vs some of the time). All slots accounted for, just often in a different order. I never thought much about it. It would be nice if relics were always in the same spot, for example, but it isn't a big deal to me. I've have never thought this was a bug, but I have no objection to setting the order.

DeletedUser19014

Also, on the Mobile version, if you have the window open when it refreshes it shows the recipe you're currently crafting as a new, available-to-craft recipe.