• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Magic Academy feature

MagicIowa

50 diamond to change the option is too much. It should be 5.

the needs in every chapter is different, it is kind useless to keep getting more than 50% of runes options for advance players.
I think players in a way they should have to choose between options but not at 50 diamond cost

I do agree that players in early stages needs the runes. That is why having the cost to change the options as 5 diamonds will help every one

also, Elvenar will make more Money.....;)

Last edited:

LisaMV

I AM one of those early players (chap 3, not too early), and I have been stopped in my tracks over & over due to the lack of Runes needed to craft anything, especially (and ironically) Runes!
Today, I have one plank left, and I need to craft one more catalyst, for a grand total of only SIX when all finished. I had to scout a silk province early just to get enough runes to make catalysts so I could have them ready (24 hours later) in case something popped up that I desperately need. That expensive province decimated my goods, and it took another week to get them back up so I could play a Tournament (to get runes!) after having to skip one. Argh!

The point of this story is that this halting of all tiny progress right in the beginning is not a great balance - there should be some lightening up the "Catch 22" beginners are in - perhaps better ways to aquire Runes as well? 5 diamonds is a lot for me - but 50 is not even an option.

NightshadeCS

@LisaMV I hate to use this approach, since it seems so condescending, but you really are in the early stages of the game and need to focus on the basics.

Don't worry about crafting. If there is something in there that is useful and you have the relics to make it, go ahead. If not, leave it idle.

Keep on track with your provinces. Early game (which I would stay you are still firmly in), you can scout a little further ahead, but not too much; a few provinces more than what the next chapter requires to open up the chest will be fine. Play the tournament, but keep it modest. Do a combination of fighting and catering, trying to do a little more on your three boosted goods so you can max those out quicker. Don't let the shiny stuff in the MA draw your attention and make you work harder for those relics. Boosts first!!!

If you are going to do the Spire, do it very sparingly. Just the first gate or two and no more, I would say.

As other wise persons have said before, this game is a marathon, not a sprint. Early on, a person can get impatient as times start to stretch out more and more. Expect the pace to continually slow. I would sometimes even take a break between chapters to do nothing other than stockpile goods.

neeronie

I have been posting the need to be more flexible and or invent something new to help with the needs for relics to make items in the Magic Academy. My suggestion has not gone over very well and I was told to do all the things I was already doing to get the relics. I was told that my "style" of play was the root of my problem and that I should do more tournament. I, therefore, completely understand your frustration. I did learn that I was depleting my goods and troops in tournaments that were not as beneficial to me and could not do more in the ones that would benefit me due to the shortage. So until more players express that this is a problem, we will have to wait. I am assuming that what you are calling Runes are relics that you collect when you have encounters in map provinces. I will suggest to you that you do not get too far ahead on the map but take it easy. You will get quest that require completing a province and you will want easier ones available. Aside from that I wish you well. The game can be a lot of fun. Ask for help with your low supplies from members of your fellowship. In mine, we often take unbalanced trades to help our smaller cities, but do let them know about it in chat or by messaging. ex 10 marble offered for 50 planks.