• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Magic academy: Get the most out of it

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm a little tired of all of the Battle discussions (but still reading every post because I'm like that)
So I thought I'd post about something else.

Here is a way that you can get more out of your MA
Power of provision gives you 3x supplies production. If you are smart, you get a 19h of buff like this:
1. Set production for 9h
2. Sleep
3. Cast power of provision on a workshop BEFORE collecting in the morning
4. Set production for 9h
5. work/school
6. collect again before 10h timer runs out

This only works if your round trip from computer->work->computer is less than 10h of course.
If you are doing at least 2 or 3 provinces 5x each in your non-boosted tournaments you should get enough relics to make one spell every 13h. This would allow you to cast roughly 2 spells a day, which is almost the same as having 4 extra workshops.

Note: 2 spells take 26 hours, and not 24, and your workshops are "buffed" for 9+10, not 24--still though that makes the MA equal to 3.xx workshops which space-wise is still pretty damn good.

EDIT: For a more in depth guide check out Mykan's guide here
An alternate approach to SoggyShorts above is if you have a greater playtime on a specific day you can store up those spells during the week and then cast them on all of your workshops for that day you have greater playtime.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3297

I set my productions for the 9 hour, then cast spell and collect. But I don't do the second 9 hour like you do, I spend the next 10 hours doing 1 hour productions or less to maximize the spells potential. This means that I only use these spells on my off days. Same goes for the manufatory spell :)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I set my productions for the 9 hour, then cast spell and collect. But I don't do the second 9 hour like you do, I spend the next 10 hours doing 1 hour productions or less to maximize the spells potential. This means that I only use these spells on my off days. Same goes for the manufatory spell :)

Still a slacker, you should do the 9h when you wake up and then 5min productions for the next 10h.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
This spell can also be enhanced by the prosperity towers which increases the length of time the spell applies for. In the section on my guide on the MA, https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-magic-academy-and-spells.4020/, I go into a detailed comparison of the efficiency of the MA for this spell.

Generally speaking the MA is more efficient then 1 workshop. An alternate approach to SoggyShorts above is if you have a greater playtime on a specific day you can store up those spells during the week and then cast them on all of your workshops for that day you have greater playtime. This will give you a slightly better return of supplies for the spell due to lower frequency build times being more efficient. Either way it is a great way to enhance your workshops and supplies.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Great post soggy, this will help some of the newer members that need it, I send it as a tip to all my new recruits, with a variety of other tips as well.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
While the OP focuses on power of provision the thread is about the MA so it is worth noting that the same concept also works with magical manufacturing. Ideally go for 3 hour productions once spell is active. Again the MA section of my guide looks at this spells efficiency for the building based on era, race and factory type. Of course if your desperate for extra goods efficiency is irrelevant so just enhance the factory you need.

Calenmir

Would you recommend upgrading the MA to open the extra slots for making more spells or is that not necessary? I just upgraded to level 2 and I have another slot open, but not sure if it is worth it to upgrade further. Thanks!

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I have upgraded mine to level 3 and wouldn't really recommend it, you only get one more slot and about a 2 hour decrease in time in producing a spell. It could be worth it if you use it more, but if I had to do it again I would buy an expansion instead, I think that would be a better use of diamonds. The only other plus is I think it does look better the level 2 building.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4372

I just upgraded to level 3. i could not keep up with chants with time. folks seem to leave out that putting a spell on your culture buildings, " AFTER " they get some neighborly love, will increase output by %5 for each one. I have been up to 20% and not tested higher but 20% is a good bump. it seems i can play with less buildings with these spells. I am buffing Residence and Workshops right now, just getting to the next 2 buffs but i have gotten quite a few of the other chants in chest drops. Retired so i do not need the KP bar extension one.

DeletedUser3312

I just upgraded to level 3. i could not keep up with chants with time.

just remember to do tournaments for your non boosted goods so you do not run out of relics. The spells do use up your relics quickly.