• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Magic Academy level 6

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I cant believe im actually going to say part of this...

The suggestion is simple enough. Adding another level of upgrade to the magic academy. Even if its another diamond costing upgrade. In order to reduce the production time.

The reason im suggesting this is primarily due to the time it takes to make the Combining Catalysts spells. It currently takes 6h per spell. Even with that running 24/7 AND doing the spire, you simply dont get enough to craft decently.

For me personally, i only craft a small amount of items. The 3 expiring military buildings, pet food, 100% supply instant, maybe a 50% supply instant. So only 5-6 items out of everything thats available in the MA. - Doing only that small bit i am able to stay relatively balanced. And i produce 24/7 and do all of the spire.

But when you take on all these vision vapor quests in events, and then the residue badge in the FA,.. the need for catalysts becomes extremely high. Far higher then can be kept up with through normal means of production and spire. So the availability of CC spells needs to be increased if were going to increase how many are needed to do events.

And while there are several potential options for increasing production/available of CC spells (of which is not apart of this suggestion), i figured id start with something simple that would effect everyone across the board; a 6th upgrade to the MA. The diamond cost to upgrade should be appealing to inno. And considering what it would give, if done right, makes the cost actually worth it.

Pros: Faster catalyst spells
More diamond purchases for Inno
Cons: Inno has to program it.
Maybe the diamond cost to some players. But this is a system we already have, were just expanding it some. And its not a requirement to get.

Note: I mention reducing the production time of 'catalysts specially' instead of 'enchantments across the board' in the MA. That is because this is the main goal. I do not want to risk inno feeling that another 'across the board reduction' would unbalance to much. So i kept it simple and jsut mentioned the catalysts.
Whether the final adjustment would be 'across the board' or 'catalysts only'.. i leave that choice to inno.

Note edit: I forgot the current MA system is designed as Time per relic for determining production time. I imagine the easiest thing would be to keep the system as is. As that would be 'across the board'. - Or if they wanted to do catalysts only, be have a lvl 6 MA reduce the relic cost of the catalyst spell. In effect reducing the time it takes to produce without effect any of the other enchantments.
Either way works for me!

Last edited:

Soleil Nightbloom

I craft a lot and find myself constantly running out of catalysts. Even though I consistently reach the top of the spire, I tend to have more bad luck and the amount of catalysts I get varies from week to week. So, I would not mind the upgrade to level 6 for my MA with a production time of 3hrs to make the catalysts. That would be an ideal production time for me personally.

Gladiola

I craft a moderate amount (military buildings, timers, supply instants, and pet food mainly, with the occasional AK instant thrown in). With my Moonstone library (just one), Pilgrim's Manor, and climbing the Spire to the top I find that I generally have enough CCs even during the FA when I craft all sorts of stuff.

I would love for that upgrade to come with another slot for crafting items, maybe have two slots for relics/Pet Food/artifacts or a "'bonus" slot where anything could appear.

Last edited:

OIM20

I actually ran out of CCs during the last FA. This event has put paid to my approach of holding my CCs for the FA as much as possible because of the focus on the VV quests.

You have my vote for an additional upgrade to the MA that would decrease the amount of time required to make CCs. :D

If I might suggest, though, putting the diamond cost under "pros" as that would be a pro to Inno, as you mention. Listing it there specifically may increase their consideration of this idea. :) Also, maybe change "faster catalyst spells" to "faster enchantment production", since it would affect the other enchantments under the "produce" tab in the MA as well?

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
f I might suggest, though, putting the diamond cost under "pros" as that would be a pro to Inno, as you mention. Listing it there specifically may increase their consideration of this idea.
added.
Also, maybe change "faster catalyst spells" to "faster enchantment production", since it would affect the other enchantments under the "produce" tab in the MA as well?
I made that part to mention catalysts specifically on purpose. Im mainly looking at reducing the time for catalyst production. Whether inno would decided that lvl 6 should reduce everything across the board, or just the catalyst only.. would be up to them. I didnt want to mention reducing enchantment production time across the board in case they felt that reducing all of them would not be a good balance. So i chose to be more specific there.
Whether it would be production time for catalysts only or production time for all enchantments in the ma... i leave up to inno.

Soleil Nightbloom

I actually ran out of CCs during the last FA. This event has put paid to my approach of holding my CCs for the FA as much as possible because of the focus on the VV quests.

You have my vote for an additional upgrade to the MA that would decrease the amount of time required to make CCs. :D

If I might suggest, though, putting the diamond cost under "pros" as that would be a pro to Inno, as you mention. Listing it there specifically may increase their consideration of this idea. :) Also, maybe change "faster catalyst spells" to "faster enchantment production", since it would affect the other enchantments under the "produce" tab in the MA as well?
Same. I have 2 Moonstone sets, Pilgrim set and go to the top of the Spire. Plus, I almost ran out of catalysts for the FA! I constantly have a few being produced in my MA because I’m not very lucky in the game as a whole. Especially, when it comes to the Spire and Mystical Object compared to everyone else, lol. I really hope they pass this suggestion along :)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I made that part to mention catalysts specifically on purpose. Im mainly looking at reducing the time for catalyst production. Whether inno would decided that lvl 6 should reduce everything across the board, or just the catalyst only.. would be up to them.

Every level of the MA automatically reduces crafting time for all enchantments. It is actually a combination of time and number of relics used. For a level 5 MA, it is 2 hours per relic used to make an enchantment. That is why PoP and EE are 4 hours, IM and CC are 6 hours, and an MM is 8 hours.

OIM20

Since the reduction in time as the academy works now is based on the number of relics used to create the enchantment, I think it would be easier to code it as being for all enchantments rather than specifically recoding an upgrade layer to exclude all but CCs.

I'm not looking at their code, but that's the way it seems to me.

Since you mentioned specifically
this is a system we already have, were just expanding it some.
I understood that to mean you wanted it to work in the same way that the upgrades work now:
MA to lvl 4 upgrade scrn.jpg

...What @Enevhar Aldarion said as they beat me to it. :)

OIM20

I really hope they pass this suggestion along :)
Agreed. :)

I only have one Pilgrim's Manor [clarification edit: one in Elcy, one in Sinya] and I don't have a complete Moonstone Library in any of my three cities. Specifically, I meant Elcysandir is where I ran out, as that's the only one of my cities where I currently have a level 5 MA. The others are both level 3 atm, but in the space between the event and the FA, I plan to upgrade them both. I've been saving up my Spire diamonds!

I know what you mean about the RNG on that first chest with CCs and the occasional bonus blue chest with them in the Spire.

This is a really good idea that I think would only require a minimal amount of time to implement. I could be wrong. And they don't have to even change the art if they don't want (I suppose that could also be added as a pro: "No new art required" ;P)!

Soleil Nightbloom

I only have one Pilgrim's Manor and I don't have a complete Moonstone Library in any of my three cities. Specifically, I meant Elcysandir is where I ran out, as that's the only one of my cities where I currently have a level 5 MA. The others are both level 3 atm, but in the space between the event and the FA, I plan to upgrade them both. I've been saving up my Spire diamonds!
The interesting thing is my Ch 12 city can’t seem to have enough catalysts and overall bad luck. While my Ch 5 Beta city has better outcomes overall. I don’t run out of catalysts that much and I have the same play style in both cities.

Last edited:

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Every level of the MA automatically reduces crafting time for all enchantments. It is actually a combination of time and number of relics used. For a level 5 MA, it is 2 hours per relic used to make an enchantment. That is why PoP and EE are 4 hours, IM and CC are 6 hours, and an MM is 8 hours.
Since the reduction in time as the academy works now is based on the number of relics used to create the enchantment, I think it would be easier to code it as being for all enchantments rather than specifically recoding an upgrade layer to exclude all but CCs.

I'm not looking at their code, but that's the way it seems to me.

Since you mentioned specifically

I understood that to mean you wanted it to work in the same way that the upgrades work now:
View attachment 10573

...What @Enevhar Aldarion said as they beat me to it. :)
honestly.. its been quite a while since i last looked at the MA specifications. I forgot about that. And i dont have an upgrade tab on my lvl 5 MA, so i dont get to see that window anymore.
If its currently designed to be time per relic, then they can by all means keep it that way. What ever way inno finds best to get this suggestion accomplished.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I craft constantly and never run out of CC.
I did get low by the end of the last FA because of all the speed crafting and using diamonds to go to next rotation.
But I never ran out.

I suppose going to the top of the Spire every week and being in a gold FS makes a big difference.

And yes I read this

To reiterate, this topic is about the magic acadamey portion of the catalyst spell. NOT about all the other ways to possibly gain/add/change spell availability.

But you don't set the rules of the discussion even if you startted the thread.
It is perfectly legitimate to mention existing ways to accomplish your goal.

Also you can use timers on CC production.
Funny coincidence, I get a lot of timers from the Spire.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
aditional Con : Loss of revenue from the "50:diamond:" to "flip" the MA cue.

If I run out of CC's I, of course, won't be flipping the MA which means lost revenue. But if I have more CC's I will more often flip the CC which means revenue gained.

I may be wrong here and just don't see your logic, so do explain.

Thanks,

AJ

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
aditional Con : Loss of revenue from the "50:diamond:" to "flip" the MA cue.
If I run out of CC's I, of course, won't be flipping the MA which means lost revenue. But if I have more CC's I will more often flip the CC which means revenue gained.

I may be wrong here and just don't see your logic, so do explain.
Aj's right. Noones goign to pay 50 diamonds to flip the rotation of recipies if they have no catalysts to make those recipes with anyway. The only time they are going to pay to flip is when they can make them. So decresing the production time for catalysts would only serve to potentially increase the chance of ppl paying to flip.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
But you don't set the rules of the discussion even if you startted the thread.
It is perfectly legitimate to mention existing ways to accomplish your goal.
technically, yea, you could discuss them. And yea, i dont make the rules. - Inno however does make the rules. And if an idea is good enough to get forwarded to them, they only see the first post. So all your discussion on other ideas will not get seen by inno. Thus making it a fairly moot point.
So if you have a different idea on changes that would increase catalyst production, and there are plenty of them, then you should make a separate thread on it to discuss.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
technically, yea, you could discuss them. And yea, i dont make the rules. - Inno however does make the rules. And if an idea is good enough to get forwarded to them, they only see the first post. So all your discussion on other ideas will not get seen by inno. Thus making it a fairly moot point.
So if you have a different idea on changes that would increase catalyst production, and there are plenty of them, then you should make a separate thread on it to discuss.

And who decides it is good enough to forward?
The mods who will look at the entire thread for pros and cons.
What you want is to limit any discussion so the mods will say, "OMG this Dominion guy has to be a genius since no one can find fault in his proposal. I must pass this on to the devs."
Although the mods aren't that gullible. They know the devs have designed the game to encourage people to play the Spire for more CC.
So you want to talk about moot ...

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
And who decides it is good enough to forward?
The mods who will look at the entire thread for pros and cons.
They have a full thread stickied at the top of this sub form containing the rules and format for how they do things. They dont have to read the whole thread at all.

Once the discussion comes to an end, please reach out to a Moderator or tag them within the thread to open a poll in order to have the idea processed.

POLL
To make sure the ideas we forward are a community decision, the following process will be followed:

• The Moderator will open a poll in this section. They will also make sure that in the opening post, there is a short description of the Idea (as well as in the Thread Title) and all detailed information is included in the rest of the in-depth description in that opening post.
  • The poll will run for 14 days.
  • During the poll, the discussion can still continue if anyone feels they have something valuable to add.
  • However: No alterations can be made to the idea as it's stated in the opening post, so please refrain from coming up with new ideas at this stage.
  • Any idea that has more “IN FAVOR” votes than the “NOT IN FAVOR” votes at the end of the 14 day voting period will be forwarded.
  • Any idea that does not meet the requirement of the poll, will not be forward. This will avoid forwarding ideas that are not supported by the majority of the community.