• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

magic chess set

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I started a brand new city over a month ago. I am constantly checking the magic academy there because I need 1 more piece for my Moonstone Library set. And I have realized that I have not seen a single piece of the Magic Chess set yet. Does anybody know if it has been taken out of the magic academy? Since I do not have a single piece of it made it that city, I figured I would have at least seen the option to make one by now. MInd you, I am not really complaining. I don't think the chess set is that great. In my other 3 cities, I crafted it and let it sit in inventory just so that it would stop appearing in the MA. But I am curious.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
I started a brand new city over a month ago. I am constantly checking the magic academy there because I need 1 more piece for my Moonstone Library set. And I have realized that I have not seen a single piece of the Magic Chess set yet. Does anybody know if it has been taken out of the magic academy? Since I do not have a single piece of it made it that city, I figured I would have at least seen the option to make one by now. MInd you, I am not really complaining. I don't think the chess set is that great. In my other 3 cities, I crafted it and let it sit in inventory just so that it would stop appearing in the MA. But I am curious.
It's definitely still in there. I saw a piece in the last few days in my Ceravyn city's MA.

Spiny

One thing I should point out, is that if you already own a piece of a craftable set or an evolving building, it will not appear in the Magic Academy. This applies even if it is just in your inventory. If you have an old piece of the set that you didn't put out because it is from a very old chapter you may need to get rid of it for a better one to show up.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
One thing I should point out, is that if you already own a piece of a craftable set or an evolving building, it will not appear in the Magic Academy. This applies even if it is just in your inventory. If you have an old piece of the set that you didn't put out because it is from a very old chapter you may need to get rid of it for a better one to show up.
I'm well aware of this. I crafted the chess set in my original cities just so it would stop showing up. However, I don't have a single piece of it in the city I started a month ago. I felt it was odd I had not seen it a single time since I built the magic academy there.

JackofShadows

Getting the nearly complete Library so early is a huge boon for you. I still need that one last piece for mine - and I have friends further along who still need multiple pieces.

Question - do you intend to spend the RRs to keep your ML updated? Either way, what's the reasoning behind your decision?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Depends on city strategy. At mid levels the Library can be a significant culture piece. Although the culture, population and goods delivered do increase a bit or even stay relevant, ie produce sentient goods, the spell fragments are static. It's better to keep the set intact to collect the CC, than sell and wait who knows how long for it to reappear.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Getting the nearly complete Library so early is a huge boon for you. I still need that one last piece for mine - and I have friends further along who still need multiple pieces.

Question - do you intend to spend the RRs to keep your ML updated? Either way, what's the reasoning behind your decision?
For sure I will spend RRs to keep it updated. I almost certainly would have done this even before the change to how AWs upgrade, just because the Moonstone Set is so good that it is not worth deleting the existing set to craft a new version. But after the change, it is a no-brainer. The Library itself has a cost of 12,000 SF and 25 CCs. It does pay for itself once you get the full set, but this takes nearly 4 weeks. Frags and CCs are so precious in my new city, I don't want to pay this cost more than once. Plus: if I deleted it in order to craft a higher chapter version, for every day I have to wait for it to show up again in the MA, I am losing out on its daily SF production.

Reason #2, I am already in a 10 chest fellowship and winning RRs and a blueprint weekly. And right now, the only buildings besides the Moonstone Set I regard as being worthy of RRs is my 2 Potionmaker's Pedastals. Which are only 3x3 in size. That is only 18 squares of space for both. Once I get the Moonstone Gate to complete the set, it will be 24 squares in size. This means that right now I only have 42 squares worth of buildings I judge worthy of RRs. That is nothing compared to my established chapter 21 cities, which have EXTENSIVE collections of both evolving buildings and set buildings from events. Those cities spend hundreds of RRs every chapter doing upgrades. In those cities, I spend a good amount of the blueprints and the diamonds I win from the spire making extra RRs in the magic academy in order to keep everything up to date.