• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

magic-dust deficient fellowship, that produce lower tire goods

DeletedUser8624

I produce a large amount of magic dust but require other tire goods for functioning

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
You might want to consider rebalancing your goods production.
Having 27 levels of dust, 20 level of scrolls, and 15 levels of planks makes for a very unbalanced city.

While tier 3 (dust) buildings produce a lot more goods and much faster, most fellowships will not allow cross tier trades at the games recommended 16:1 ratio for that exact reason.

I'd suggest using 40 squares of space for EACH tier, or 6-8 planks, 3-4 scrolls, 2-3 dust, all max level. That way you will have more to offer a FS.

DeletedUser3507

Hmm I use 6 plank, 6 scrolls and 7 magic dust, and I am glad I did, this last tourney cost me 200k tier 1-3....
Ouch but it was a push tourney that we maxed again...

SoggyShorts

@jps54 @Breann
OH COME ON!
You guys that bought 20+ expansions and cleared god knows how many provinces more than needed to open chests can't seriously be giving that advice to a chapter 4 tiny player with the minimum amount of space.
This player couldn't dream of supporting those numbers.

If you want to give advice, please have a look at what the player has to work with, or start your suggestion with
"Step 1: get 30 more expansions, step 2....."

SoggyShorts

I didn't see where it said his level. I only looked at the number you said he had and assumed he must have a lot of space.
Regardless of chapter I'm pretty sure 10/9/10 is impossible without those extra 20-30 expansions. Not counting the workshops needed to run them, they take what? 120,000 population? I'm about to enter chapter 10, and I have 50,000 population.

You and @jps54 are playing a completely different game than 95% of other players. ;)
There's nothing wrong with that, unless you are giving advice on how many of a building to make....

By the way, is there something wrong with doing more than the bare minimum in tournaments?
Tournaments? No, imo everyone should do the max they can. I was talking about the minimum clearance on the world map to open chests that allow you into the next chapter.

DeletedUser3507

Actually many in my FS have alot more than me, so for my FS that's not true. But we are the #1 FS on Winyador/US2

Staying at minimum for chapter chest leads to a lack of space to work with..

SoggyShorts

Actually many in my FS have alot more than me, so for my FS that's not true. But we are the #1 FS on Winyador/US2
Being #1 kinda guarantees that you are bigger than 95% of players, no?

I run 10 magic workshops and 51 magic residences so keeping mf's supplied isn't an issue.
That's impressive, and you deserve a top 10 rank for it. I'm surprised you have room for it without any extra expansions from the world map. Did you get premiums before they cut the max from 32, or are you doing it with just the 23 available now?

DeletedUser3507

lol Soggy I might agree with you there.. I did the 32 premium expansion when they were cheap...

DeletedUser3507

At least I am somewhat balanced with 141k culture available...

DeletedUser6857

While tier 3 (dust) buildings produce a lot more goods and much faster, most fellowships will not allow cross tier trades at the games recommended 16:1 ratio for that exact reason.

Quite true. We only allow cross tier trades for one level down in cases of extreme need and they must be 3-star. Tier 3 for Tier 1 would not be allowed. A player only producing vastly unbalanced amounts of goods across levels would not be allowed to stay that way as we need balance in all levels of goods to keep the FS running and healthy.

DeletedUser5871

I produce a large amount of magic dust but require other tire goods for functioning
You can come and join us at Dragonwyck, we're a laid back bunch of people, 99% play daily and we're always on the lookout for new blood.....You'll certainly find a varied supply of goods with us.
Mystical Arius (Archmage)