• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Magic Dust Tournament

DeletedUser

I am near the beginning of Chapter V. I don't have the Advanced Training Grounds yet, so I am using Axe Barbarians and Priests. My Axe Barbarians are 2 star and my Priests are 1 star. I am wondering how I am supposed to fight the 3 star opposition when it gets over 1.6 guys to my one guy. I always fight manually, but this is difficult. There are no AWs or Event Buildings in my city that boost either my Axe Barbarians or Priests yet.

The Gems tournament is going to be even harder because both my Priests and Mortars are 1 star and I do 6 rounds on 10 provinces each tournament.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
You need to get creative with troop selection (for dust and scrolls). Consider your crossbow and mortar for certain fights.

Another thing to remember with the game is range units have a natural advantage. If your doing manual fights you have more chance to exploit that even if they aren't the theoretical best choice. Each unit type is weak to 2 other unit types, most guides recommend only the best theoretical option, sometimes it is the other option that might be better for certain situations.

DeletedUser

Unfortunately, there is no combination of my troops that can defeat the opposition.

NightshadeCS

I feel for you @Premian .

Dust is a beast, and even folks at high levels shiver in their boots when that tourney rolls around. May have to do some catering, and limp on until Inno either gives us a troop that works in that tourney, or you get into higher levels. AW's can help, temp buildings that enhance your troops, and MM spells on the manufactories to make more goods for catering.

Sorry not to be more help than that.

Caveat: there are some folk who rock the tournies and may have very specific scenarios to help you. For us plebians, though, it is a massacre.

DeletedUser

I am doing much better in this Gems tournament. My 1 star Priests could easily defeat 3 star opposition, and now they have just become 2 star.

DeletedUser

My Mortars just became 2 star now also. It will be interesting to see how they do in Round 6. So far I have 2418 points.

NightshadeCS

My Mortars just became 2 star now also. It will be interesting to see how they do in Round 6. So far I have 2418 points.
Mortars are notorious for being cannon-fodder. I find they can be useful in the right line-up of opponents, but the casualties are usually high.