• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Magic houses

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Good point. I didn't know this since I've never bought one. Did you try and then lose the Magic Residence in the process?

AJ

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I don't think you lose it, it just won't let you purchase it unless you have the open space in your city for it. I tried to buy one before as well when on sale with my diamonds but it would not let me and said there wasn't enough space to buy it. So this also happened to me sometime last year.

Zoof

On the altruistic side of things, I'd like to think that if they allowed it to languish in storage, it might sit there so long that the player might cross a chapter boundary and then suddenly that Magic Residence is out of date.

A more cynical take of things is that if you don't have the room it could encourage the player to purchase a premium land expansion at full price, since the Magic Residence acquired in that manner can't be stored.

Still...

Having the option to stash your purchase away for later would be appreciated, I think. Players binging and buying a zillion of them right off the bat and being able to store those for a rainy day might undermine the whole limited time offer thing, never mind that the player would end up having to spend more diamonds to upgrade them when you move to the next chapter. And let's be real here; if you're purchasing enough for the sale undermining part to become a concern, there's no way you're also earning enough blueprints in Tournament to feed them all. Possible mid-term sale tactic?

StarLoad

Some things you can buy and save for later, but it is only offered to some new players the first week or so. On one of my accounts, I got the offers and the best one is the 6 free expansions
6free.jpg
still waiting to use them

Zoof

Some things you can buy and save for later, but it is only offered to some new players the first week or so. On one of my accounts, I got the offers and the best one is the 6 free expansions View attachment 12875 still waiting to use them
TIL that's a thing. Wow. I wished I had that lying around, if only so I could buy expansions at the normal price and skip out on the stupendous costs near the end

Count Rupert

right? i'm like… i never got any sort of free expansion offer. :(
me either. haven't any of those 100%+ deals I've seen some talking about either. beginning to bother me that it's not very fair. :( I was unaware there was some subsystem that hands out deals only to some of us when I started. you expect things like the MO that operates off a rng. I didn't expect the store decides who may and who not be blessed with deals. this is concerning.

Last edited:

defiantoneks

would be nice if someone in the know, perhaps @helya could explain how these marvelous offers work.
are they given as secondary offers because you just finished spending $100 for some seahorse food?
are they random?
are they new gift/opportunities that only people who've made accounts in the past few months get?

defiantoneks

I would just sell or teleport one of my regular residences to make space for the magic one. If I am buying it I would want to use it right away anyway
it could be. anice game improvement if, when purchasing a new MR that if you attempted to place it over an existing residence that the game automatically asked if you wanted to move/teleport. but then some people would probably complain or mistake that for thinking they HAD to do either instead of finding another solution to the space issue.

Heymrdiedier

I would just sell or teleport one of my regular residences to make space for the magic one. If I am buying it I would want to use it right away anyway.
exactly what i was gonna suggest as well. theres no point in buying something with diamonds if your only intend to keep it in your inventory anyway. So either sell something else or put something else in inventory first, before you buy it.

Elocean

Ive purchased two of the Magic Residents buildings For me it was worth it. For the Magic Workshops They require ALOT of population so I have yet to get those. Perhaps as my city grows I will have more population to spare. lol lol

Heymrdiedier

true enough. my brain saw the FREE tag on the image and went "wait, what? free expansions?"
well they are kind of free, but in a different way. placing those wont increase the prize of your next diamond expansions. So you could kinda say, if you intend to get all diamond expansions, you got the 6 most expensive ones for free. So basically you save yourself 103.5K diamonds. At the current state of the game its 103.5k, if a new chapter comes, they will be worth even more again (3k for each chapter).

Gkyr

Chef
Ive purchased two of the Magic Residents buildings For me it was worth it. For the Magic Workshops They require ALOT of population so I have yet to get those. Perhaps as my city grows I will have more population to spare. lol lol
Depending on where you re in the game and with respect to space, consider having a Golden Abyss. With only a 3x3 footprint that never changes it can boost your population considerably for its size. Just upgrade it regularly. At a certain point you can just let it coast.

defiantoneks

well they are kind of free, but in a different way. placing those wont increase the prize of your next diamond expansions. So you could kinda say, if you intend to get all diamond expansions, you got the 6 most expensive ones for free. So basically you save yourself 103.5K diamonds. At the current state of the game its 103.5k, if a new chapter comes, they will be worth even more again (3k for each chapter).
that makes me feel so much better.