• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Magic Relic Chambers (Sharing Relics for boost)

BizDani

Probably lots of downsides to this that I am not considering, but I will throw it out there, maybe it will spark some better approaches.

In a effort to inspire Fellowships to treat their members well and work together as well as create a new set of products for InnoGames to sell, create a new set of premium buildings. Magic Relic Chambers.

A Magic Relic Chamber (or whatever name is given) will allow all the members of a fellowship who have purchased the same level chamber to utilize the sum of their relics. If 3 members of a fellowship have a Tier I Relic Chamber (that sums, like-type relics for tier I goods only, i.e. planks, marble, steel). The total will be used for each of the members boost their particular boosted Tier I good.

So if there are 5 players in a fellowship with a Tier I Relic Chamber with the following Relics:

· Player 1 – 10 Planks, 6 Marble, 18 Steel

· Player 2 – 5 Planks, 21 Marble, 9 Steel

· Player 3 – 20 Planks, 11 Marble, 5 Steel

Then all of these members would have the same number of each of these relics: 35 Planks, 37 Marble, and 32 Steel.

Each of the players would then get the benefit to whichever their boosted Tier I good happens to be.

The relics are still in the possession of each user who earned them and if the player leaves the fellowship their relics go with them as usual (no way to take another player’s relics).

There could be a separate chamber for each of the three tiers of goods. Each one would be purchasable perhaps several chapters after the goods were available. Perhaps not available to be purchased until the chapter after the Superior level of each Tier has been reached.

Put very little thought into it - just throwing it out there.

Discuss.

BizDani

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Interesting concept, it would certainly benefit newer players.
How would it work with having a player in the fellowship who has 500+ relics (giving the maximum 700% boost)

Perhaps the "relic chamber" could be used to enhance everyone's boost by a % based on how many players have it? As in if 10 players have a level 1 RC then those 10 players get a 10% boost?

BizDani

How would it work with having a player in the fellowship who has 500+ relics (giving the maximum 700% boost)

Perhaps the "relic chamber" could be used to enhance everyone's boost by a % based on how many players have it? As in if 10 players have a level 1 RC then those 10 players get a 10% boost?

I think that is also a solid approach. It would be an incentive to advanced players already at the 700% boost to purchase if the the RC allowed them to move beyond the 700% boost.

Could also be that there could be a means for trading or sharing relics for purposes beyond boosts such as for spells, for the users already at the maximum boost. Perhaps players could work in combination to receive reduced cost spells - each providing equal shares of the relics and each receiving the spell (this would greatly reduce the cost of a spell - not that non-boosted relics have many other uses). in fact coming up with other ways to make non-boosted relics useful in and of itself seems a good idea.

DeletedUser2870

That would be a much better idea, because it also will improve the cohesion withing the fellowship

DeletedUser2191

The idea is interesting, however this may possibly create a negative side effect which has been touched on in the thread for FS Based Tournaments which is coming next year.

Now we don't know yet the exclusivity use of the Blueprint if it will be for diamond buyers only or not, though if it is for diamond buyers only, you could be introducing groups that will form who are entirely made up of diamond buyers only. May have groups where a few are diamond buyers and may not want non diamond buyers to participate or reap the benefits. Those who don't buy diamonds may not participate and become grieved by the diamond buyers. Depending what limit is set to get the Blueprint/ best benefit, those not participating get booted from groups.

I could see similar emotions, reactions, treatment happening if non diamond buyers are reaping the benefits from relic chambers which have been bought by diamond buyers.

In a perfect world everyone will help everyone regardless of cost. Sadly we live in a world of high competition, e-peen egos, wallet warriors etc and helpfulness is not extended to everyone as a result.

If this was an option to obtain without diamonds, very minimal in size as we are constantly battling space issues it could very well increase how many relics each person will go for. Could retain the multiple levels of the chamber but say, benefits not gained until each individual has it.

Each level of the chamber could give a guaranteed % boost (ex/ lvl 1 - 5% lvl 2 - 10% lvl 3 - 15%) For the shared portion of the boost, could use a trickle up effect, since not everyone is going to have the same number of relics at any given time. To keep inventories from being blown out of the skies a maximum cap would have to be set or else you are going to see Inno set some extreme changes to counter this.

BizDani

I am glad that the idea sparked some conversation and has some explorable potential.

I have not put much thought into all of this, and I don't know how yet, but I like the idea of finding a way through some of the domination tendencies and see if there is are low to moderate steady boosting effects for all the members. Some approach that really rewards cooperation and a little investment with a moderate gain for all involved. Not something that blows the game wide open. Maybe even small benefits that grow to moderate benefit for the group as the group grows according to some formula.

Might even in some scenarios apply rotating formulas that may change like the seasons or the weather so that different configurations of users move in and out of periods of more or less benefits from time to time. Adds a little random that keeps people from bulking up for benefit. an element of random rotating benefit.

I also like the idea of rewarding the group for growth development at the lowest levels - so the high-level players rely a little more on the development of the young players.

All very general, but a direction for thought. I am learning the ins and outs of the game slowly. Will continue to think on these ideas.

DeletedUser2870

The idea is interesting, however this may possibly create a negative side effect which has been touched on in the thread for FS Based Tournaments which is coming next year.

Now we don't know yet the exclusivity use of the Blueprint if it will be for diamond buyers only or not, though if it is for diamond buyers only, you could be introducing groups that will form who are entirely made up of diamond buyers only. May have groups where a few are diamond buyers and may not want non diamond buyers to participate or reap the benefits. Those who don't buy diamonds may not participate and become grieved by the diamond buyers. Depending what limit is set to get the Blueprint/ best benefit, those not participating get booted from groups.

I could see similar emotions, reactions, treatment happening if non diamond buyers are reaping the benefits from relic chambers which have been bought by diamond buyers.

In a perfect world everyone will help everyone regardless of cost. Sadly we live in a world of high competition, e-peen egos, wallet warriors etc and helpfulness is not extended to everyone as a result.

If this was an option to obtain without diamonds, very minimal in size as we are constantly battling space issues it could very well increase how many relics each person will go for. Could retain the multiple levels of the chamber but say, benefits not gained until each individual has it.

Each level of the chamber could give a guaranteed % boost (ex/ lvl 1 - 5% lvl 2 - 10% lvl 3 - 15%) For the shared portion of the boost, could use a trickle up effect, since not everyone is going to have the same number of relics at any given time. To keep inventories from being blown out of the skies a maximum cap would have to be set or else you are going to see Inno set some extreme changes to counter this.

Though it might be a problem I doubt it.
Even Innogames can be expected to have at least some common sense. Blueprints are -as far as I have gathered- so far only useful to upgrade premium buildings. It makes no sense at all to make blueprints available only available for diamonds, since one can already use diamonds to upgrade those buildings. Adding blueprints available only for diamonds would be a completely useless feature.
And yes, I know, we ARE talking about Innogames, so one really shouldn't expect too much sense, but even so, why waste a lot of programming time and effort on something that's not going to have any effect at all?

As for FS's with only diamond-using members: they already are around. So it's not something new.