• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Magic Residence/Workshop upgrade options

Hawk1911

Idea: Allow the option to use diamonds instead of blueprints to upgrade magic buildings.

Currently, diamonds can only be used after all blueprints have been spent and inventory is zero. With the addition of crafting artifacts in the MA, players want to save the blueprints for artifacts and use diamonds to upgrade the magic residences/workshops as we progress through chapters. This would provide more flexibility in how we spend blueprints (the most valuable currency in game). Thanks!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
But can't you spend diamonds in the MA if you don't have blueprints? I've not tried to do so, but it would be unusual of you couldn't. Maybe somebody else knows for sure?

AJ

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
The point is not the MA accepting diamonds or not, but that if you are trying to save blueprints for crafting artifacts or RRs, you aren’t given the option to use diamonds to upgrade magic buildings if you have blueprints on hand. You must spend ALL the blueprints first to be able to use diamonds to upgrade blue roofs. Thereby, you either can’t upgrade your magic building if you don’t want to spend the blueprint, or you have to forgo saving blueprints for artifacts/RRs.

StarLoad

Ummm wait, so you want to save your Blueprints for an artifact in the MA, cool but you know if you don't have the available Blueprints in the MA it will automatically offer you the option of paying 300 Diamond per BP. Just as you can pay 300 Diamonds to upgrade a MR or MW.

Seems to me to be a non-issue

crackie

Ummm wait, so you want to save your Blueprints for an artifact in the MA, cool but you know if you don't have the available Blueprints in the MA it will automatically offer you the option of paying 300 Diamond per BP. Just as you can pay 300 Diamonds to upgrade a MR or MW.

Seems to me to be a non-issue
You only need 300 diamonds to upgrade magic buildings but you might need 600-900 to craft artifact with diamonds. Perhaps they don’t have that many diamond stash on hand and rather use blueprints.

Iyapo1

You only need 300 diamonds to upgrade magic buildings but you might need 600-900 to craft artifact with diamonds. Perhaps they don’t have that many diamond stash on hand and rather use blueprints.
I am with Ed. It is 300 diamonds for one blueprint no matter which end you buy it on. If you dont have enough blueprints/diamonds for upgrades plus an artifact, then you dont have enough no matter what the order of spending is. It is not like a blueprint is worth more/less in the MA

crackie

I'm with @Hawk1911. Sure, it's 300 diamonds per blueprint in both magic buildings and MA, but the rate in which they can be acquired greatly differ and the availability of when the artifact finally shows up in MA versus when I can upgrade my magic buildings also differ. I can only get a blueprint once a week no matter what I do, but there are multiple ways in which I can get diamonds throughout the week. I also have to wait for a cooperating MA to fork over an artifact, but I can upgrade a magic building anytime if I have the resources.

My other city just entered a new chapter and have 11 blue roofs to upgrade compliments of the Spire. I don't have 3,300 diamonds on hand to upgrade all of them. After upgrading what I could, I have 180 or so diamonds left. If I'm forced to use all my blueprints before I can use diamonds to upgrade my magic buildings, then I now need to always have 900 diamonds on hand in case the artifact comes up and then start count to next 300 to have enough to upgrade the next magic building. If I'm allowed to choose whether or not I want to use blueprints or diamonds, then I can upgrade a magic building when I have my next 300 diamonds, which is pretty close, and still keep my blueprints for when the artifact shows up in MA. I'm not tied up waiting on artifacts to show up to use my blueprints first before I can use diamonds to upgrade my magic buildings. It's more flexible when you have a choice.

Aritra

[...] I now need to always have 900 diamonds on hand in case the artifact comes up and then start count to next 300 to have enough to upgrade the next magic building.

This sounds like simply a budget issue. Same as budgeting in every other type of currency (gold, supplies, goods, orcs, etc).
You can easily see what your inventory/balance is and so you spend whatever you want as long as it doesn't drop the balance below a certain mark (when reserving for upcoming expenses). No difference in saving a blueprint vs a blueprint's diamond equivalent. Note your reservation mark and just don't overspend. With the blueprint to diamond exchange rate constant and known, there is choice and flexibility.
Am I misunderstanding the problem?

crackie

The game doesn't force you to have a 0 balance on tools before you use a supply windfall. You can use a supply windfall whenever you feel like it. Same with coin rains. I can argue it's the same exchange rate, but it would be rather inconvenient if I need to always be at 0 balance before I can use those instants. Yet, I can't start using diamonds to upgrade my magic building unless I use up all of my blueprints. The rate I acquire blueprints and diamonds are not the same even if their exchange rate is the same. I should be able to pick and choose which I want to use at my own budgeting convenience.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Hmm ... I guess I'm not quite understanding this issue. It goes both ways, doesn't it? If you are in the Magic Academy and want to buy an artifact that requires three blueprints, you can't spend diamonds there in order to save your blueprints for your magic buildings. You must use the blueprints if you have them. Likewise, the same is true for the buildings. There is really no difference either way, as far as I can see. You must use your blueprints first, and then only get the option for diamonds, no matter what. Or am I missing something?

defiantoneks

i would appreciate the option of chosing how/when to spend diamonds vs blueprints. i dont see this as a "this is broken" request, just one that would improve user experience. count me in.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Nearly everything in this game that costs diamonds does not allow the option of using blueprints, so when it comes to things that do, I would always want to use my blueprints first, to save the diamonds for those diamonds-only moments. So I guess that makes me a no? I mean, I would hate to being a newer, less experienced player, have 320 diamonds and see the option to use either and spend the diamonds instead of the blueprint, and then get into the Spire and be 5 diamonds short of buying an extra negotiation round.