• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Magical chess set

DeletedUser20951

I'm waiting until I hit the next chapter before crafting it, given how expensive the pieces are (and the fact that I will be stuck at that level for a long time. Orcs, whee!), but I still have no idea on whether I'll actually place 'em or not. Might just for the value of tinkering with a set first-hand and the pleasing appearance. Would also provide some amusement, as I am utter rubbish at chess (if I manage to beat the AI on the easy setting in Chess Titans, it is a shocking and rare occurrence).

DeletedUser2207

I built it for the supplies - compared to a max workshop 9hr x 2 @170% culture bonus, the complete chess set gives better supplies per square. Of course on workshops you can use PoP spells or go with faster production runs to increase supplies, but the chess set also doesn't use up any population or culture and gives 1 kp plus some mana, seeds and coins. And it makes a nice 4x4 square

If I was moving through chapters faster I probably wouldn't build it, it's a lot simpler to upgrade a workshop

kctanzen

I crafted all 4 pieces, the knight quite some time ago for seeds, and the other 3 pieces to meet vision vapor conditions for some of the event steps.
Although, the primary reason I made the other 3 non seed producers was to simply clear them off my recipe list and very slightly increase the chances of getting things I actually wanted when crafting recipes reset.

DeletedUser15476

Thanks, that much I knew. Then I discovered the info tab and there is a correct way to set up the square...and I had it wrong so not all goods were being produced. Got it now!