• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Magical Mana Hut/Ice Temple

• Thread starter DeletedUser9601
  • Start date

DeletedUser9601

I'm looking at the stats of the Ice Temple (a TBD event daily giving 540 mana/12 hours), and maybe this event also adds Magical Mana Hut as a daily (2200 mana/24 hours).
I haven't been in a mana chapter yet, but these buildings seem way more efficient than the Weeping Willow (186 mana/hour) on a per-square basis.

Am I missing something about the value here? Obviously roads factor in, but it seems like a no-brainer to pursue Ice Temple at the start of Woodelves?

DeletedUser9601

Good call Soggy! I didn't even see Frozen Fountain (hiding in the set buildings tab, as opposed to the summary tab!).
I think I know my answer. Get Frozen Fountains, and even without double days, that will probably be enough to get the second grand prize (and at least get the level 1 link bonus).
Now comes the question (and math) of whether its more efficient to wrap 8 Fountains around the Frozen Giant Shrine, or plug in other set buildings.
Not that 8 daily prizes is a good expectation (though if it comes late enough, like day 25).

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Unless you go so far as to get at least 1 GH and 1 Orc to gain the KP bonus from the ice mountain, it probably isn't worth it.
Here are my plans for beta (and probably live)since I won 2 giant hands:

set5.png

It all really depends on what order the Orc and FF come out as well as how lucky I get.

You could easily drop the second GH and add more FF, but for me I've been wanting to get rid of a Tier 1 building, and each GH replaces 1/4 of a level 23 in halflings so it works for my plan.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9601

Bear with me, and apologies for no visual representation here. ElvenArchitect is blocked at work. But the benefits seem astronomical compared to Willows, so I'd love a sanity check in case I'm not thinking about numbers correctly. This ignores culture, coins, supplies, etc. that these buildings all give, plus road culture.

No Event.
Build 10 Weeping Willows. At 5x5, plus 25 squares of road (for simplicity - assume I don't make better use of the 4 road squares at the end of "Willow Row"), I'm spending 275 (=(25X10)+25) squares for 1,860 mana/hour (tooltip says Willow is 186 mana/hour). That is 6.76 mana/hour per sq.

Simple Event Buildings.
Win as many Frozen Temple as possible.. Build them in a "Mana corridor."
Frozen Temple = 45 mana/hour. At 2x2, plus 1 square of road, I'm getting 9 mana/hour per sq. Very nice upgrade over Willows, though admittedly I'm only collecting twice a day.

Perfect World.
Build the Frozen Giant Shrine (5x4), and wrap 8 Frozen Fountains around it. On one end, you have 2 fountains flush against the 4-wide FGS. You then put 3 fountains on both the top and bottom 5-long side. You add 1 fountain on the last side, and have 1 square open for a road.
The FGS is 20 squares of dead space.
Each Fountain is 112.5 mana/hour (=2700/24). Connected to a set building, that jumps to 270/hour.
Each fountain is 2x3, so 48 fountain squares, plus 2 roads, and the FGS is 70 squares.
The fountains are producing 2,160 mana/hour (=270*8). I'm thus getting 31 mana/hour per sq. That's 5X better than Willows, and 3X better than stand-alone event buildings.

Now, am I reading the set rules right? Is my graph paper layout matching the building realities? I'll try ElvenArchitect tonight.
The "Perfect World" is incredibly efficient if the whole FGS is surrounded by Fountains. If I only get 4 Fountains, for instance, the layout drops to 23 mana/hour per sq. Still great, but not world-breaking.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Each Fountain is 112.5 mana/hour (=2700/24). Connected to a set building, that jumps to 270/hour.
This line is incorrect.
The having 1 unique set building touching the FF gives +10%
So you are looking at 123.75 mana per hour, not 270

Still, there is no doubt that a player in the beginning of woodelves should simply get as many FF as possible.
I recommend 12 WW for chapter 9, and that would take 17 FF to replace, so basically forget everything else in the event and get max FF.
If by some miracle you actually could win 17 FF you would be saving 8 expansions. Nothing else will come close to that.

DeletedUser9601

This line is incorrect.
The having 1 unique set building touching the FF gives +10%
So you are looking at 123.75 mana per hour, not 270.
Thanks! Agreed that FF is the way to go. Even with lower numbers, I'd be looking at 14 mana/hour per square, which is twice as good as Willows.
Fingers crossed for a Day 29 prize for FF...

DeletedUser9601

Never tell me the odds!
16 fountains on 48 tries. Now the only downside seems to be that you can only collect the fountains every 24 hours. Not the biggest problem, though slightly frustrating if you're juuuuust short on mana and have a tech to unlock. I suppose that is a good reason (in addition to the culture) to keep a few Willows around.