• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Magical Residences and Magical Workshops

DeletedUser2634

I need help doing the math here and an explanation of benifits.
The new Magical Residences:
1. Does it up grade with the new races by diamonds or just stay on as you upgrade normally?
2. What exactly does it confer to me and does that change with upgrades?
3 Should I wait for my completion of Orcs to buy this if at all.
4 How does the math work out in comparison to say Giant Snail Palaces for squares /culture/ population.
5 Is there a better option?
6 Are there hidden obstacles that I should consider?
7 feel free to offer any relivant info

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2634

Let me also state this is my first world here and am still working on best strategies for the game. Currently #16 on this world even with a late start. Want to get to #1 and am hoping for some advice.

DeletedUser3297

Here is how the magic house would work for me: "Looking at the numbers comparing my level 14 residences to magic ones. My residences give me 370 population and 111 ranking points. The magic ones only give me 250 population and 64 ranking points. I am willing to bet that they are basing it off of the chapter you are in when it should be based off of the current tech you unlocked. I can upgrade mine to level 15 (some already are) and I am only in chapter 3 and apparently no more house upgrades till Dwarves, that's a very long time away. But the magic house should be at least marginally better than a level 15 house to make it worth the purchase."

It is not upgrade-able but since you are in Orcs, that wouldn't matter right now anyway. But when you get to the new chapter and start upgrading your buildings, you'll have to delete and re-purchase any magical ones so they keep up.

You can always look at your own residences and see what they give you and look at the magic equivalent to see the difference.

DeletedUser3936

I am very angry and need an answer to something or I will never play Inno games again.
I just spent a lot of time doing a mandatory research at level three for a magical residence. The research said when completed, I could build larger houses that hold more people.
OK, once I completed it, I discovered that the NEW houses had to be bought with real money?? Is that correct? If so, that is really F-CKED.

Is there a way to build bigger and better residences without spending money or is it like I think and I have to pay for them?

If I have to pay for them, I am leaving Elvenar

Thanks

DeletedUser3297

I am very angry and need an answer to something or I will never play Inno games again.
I just spent a lot of time doing a mandatory research at level three for a magical residence. The research said when completed, I could build larger houses that hold more people.
OK, once I completed it, I discovered that the NEW houses had to be bought with real money?? Is that correct? If so, that is really F-CKED.

Is there a way to build bigger and better residences without spending money or is it like I think and I have to pay for them?

If I have to pay for them, I am leaving Elvenar

Thanks

I would be willing to bet that you just finished unlocking superior residences. What that means it now you can upgrade your residences from 8-15 (elves) or 9-15 (humans). Before unlocking that, if you tried to upgrade it would just point you back to the research tree, now you can :) The magic residence is just another premium building, you don't need to buy, in fact I would not recommend buying it because you can upgrade your current residences to out perform the magic ones.

WolfSinger

@guidosando - just click on your current residences and you should be able to upgrade them to the levels indicated when you completed the research. There is NO mandatory research for the magical residences in the tree.
However, when you open the builder it does show the magical residences under the normal residences.

ALL normal residences start as level 1 residences and have to be upgraded from that level by clicking on the residence and selecting the upgrade tab. You do have to have the required resources, gold and/supplies to start the upgrade (as well as space in some cases). If you don't the game will offer you the option to upgrade for diamonds 'real money' - but you can wait until you have the required items. You are not required to buy premium buildings if you don't want to.

DeletedUser3312

Spend $500 to $1000 and you might be able to be number 1 until the next race comes out, when you would have to spend that much or more to maintain #1 status. All the top players have spent that kind of money.

And they keep spending bookoo bucks as well. If you just want rank, you are going to have to fork over a lot of cash. If you play the game to enjoy the growth journey, cash is not a major concern.

DeletedUser3733

mg-upgrade.jpg
mgpurchase.jpg

Well I'm pretty ticked off at the moment... I purchased 9 magical residences yesterday, and today, less than 24 hours later, I leveled up and now it costs as much to level up my residence that I purchased yesterday as it does to buy a new one already leveled up. That has to be a glitch, surely they didn't do that on purpose.

DeletedUser3312

I leveled up and now it costs as much to level up my residence that I purchased yesterday as it does to buy a new one already leveled up.

OMG! That is insane! I am so glad I did not purchase any. I need to let my FS know about this so they don't buy any of the dang things!!

DeletedUser3297

Here are the residences I currently have:
272679ce45.png

Here is what I would have to pay for to "upgrade" Yeah right, the magic residences are worthless, nobody should buy magic residences or workshops when your free ones can be upgraded to be better.

27269b715c.png

There may be a benefit to a magic residence in higher chapters, but only when no upgrades are available to your free buildings should you consider a magic one. The workshops are no better either, some people in my fellowship have bought one only to find out that their free workshops produce more supplies already.

DeletedUser2634

OK so I waited to hear from the game players but no DEVIs answered...? So I might have to put in a ticket to see if they can explain or set the record straight as there does seem to be a little conflicting info.I understood the magical residences to give the added population and ranking points
Looking at the numbers comparing my level 14 residences to magic ones. My residences give me 370 population and 111 ranking points. The magic ones only give me 250 population and 64 ranking points.
By my understanding you get the 370 population and 111 points for the non magical build then after the diamonds purchase get an additional 250 population and 64 ranking points for the level 14 residence that was purchased. but the Level 15-20+Is definately very disturbing if each new level has to be purchased seperately. I have 45+ residences and 4 GSP(Giant Snail Palaces)
the GSP are 24 squares(6x4) and 3200C/2900P cost 3000 diamonds each
my Level 18 residences are 10 squares(5x2) and 689P/265R by adding the 990 diamonds 312C/1180P/312R
not sure if old residence has to be destroyed to build magical one in it's place
If you have to destroy old to make room for the new is definately less desirable
One benifit of the magical residences is the they produce gold and culture/population/rank points while GSP is -culture/population
Still confused but learning.....

DeletedUser3297

No, it's not an additional population/coins/rank. That is a direct comparison of the two separate buildings and what they offer at their current level. It would be a significant downgrade to replace my current residences with magical ones.

They don't upgrade over your current residences either. You have to make room to build them

DeletedUser2542

Very confusing. My current residences are currrently maxed out at level 15. Yesterday I purchased a Magical Residence, which was immediately level 5 and offered no upgrade but sent me to research. My MR's cost more than Kayleegrrl or FaeFrog's, but offer more population and ranking points. What am I missing?

(BTW, the MR's were a good benefit to me yesterday, as I needed pop to upgrade manu's and my regular residences are maxed out for quite some time. That's bout the only benefit I see.)

upload_2016-9-9_13-41-42.png
)
upload_2016-9-9_13-42-18.png

upload_2016-9-9_13-21-10.png

DeletedUser3297

Your magic residence is tied to the chapter you are in (I'm only in chapter 3). You can't upgrade it until the next chapter. For me, since I don't get a new residence tech until Dwarves, and all my current residences are maxed out at level 15 the magic residence may not be appealing for me until then. That's why they are appealing to you, since you are closer to Dwarves.

Edit: Just finished advance scouts for chapter 4. Now the magic houses jumped up to 540 population, but they cost more. I am still not buying one, especially since you have to pay the same price for each upgrade or new one

DeletedUser3733

I just wish they would have made all of that clear in the infographic... none of it is, it's not on the wiki. I feel really ripped off, it shouldn't be something that takes you by surprise, particularly when it's so inconsistent with any degree of logic or fair play, particularly with the lack of explanation of the terms. I feel scammed for sure. Now if I only had to pay the difference of what the building cost at the lower level and the cost at the higher level, that seems fair and consistent and I would still be happy with my purchase, and in fact I would buy more.

DeletedUser3312

members of my FS have purchased both and are greatly pleased with the benefits. so not sure what is going on here.. I will now purchase 1 of each to see for myself.