• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Make Fellowship Adventures rewarding

michmarc

Our fellowship barely does Fellowship Adventures and the reason is that it just isn't worth the effort required. In order to succeed, you have to put in an enormous amount of effort coordinating all of the different productions and paths and so on, but what reward do you get at the end: A Carting Library, up to two Bear Artifacts, and some AKP. If you happen to be one of the top FS, you get an event building. And most people don't need the artifacts (either because they got them all during the main event; they don't have any so two more won't help; or aren't interested in the bear buildings).

On the other hand, you can put far less effort into a tournament or individual event (like the Zodiac) and walk away with loads more rewards.

One significant drawback is that there is absolutely no rewards for any sort of partial progress on a stage. If you work really hard and get to within a node or two of finishing the stage, but are unable to, you get nothing for all of the work done on that stage.

My suggestion is to make FA's work more like the Events: Give prizes out for every bit of progress and also reward individual effort (to some extent). There are various ways this can be done, but one idea is to use an event currency similar to the traditional events:
1) Donating a badge awards event currency to that person.
2) Completing a node awards event currency to the entire FS.
3) Put a cap on how much group FA currency you can spend based on how much individual FA currency you earned so those that don't participate don't get the FA prizes (and those that only toss in one or two badges will only get a token share of the FA prizes).
4) Event currency is redeemed individually (that is, each person opens their own reward chest using the currency they have earned and gets their own rewards).
5) Still have group grand prizes for finishing stages.

But even having a small prize hung on every completed node (rather than just a grand prize at the end of the stage) would go a long way towards making FA more balanced in terms of the rewards for efforts.

Alistaire

I'd settle for making them less infuriating (although I agree the prizes need a boost). There's always people who don't listen to the plan, people who get frustrated at those people, people who ragequit on both sides of that picture, and people who avoid the event entirely because they know they'll end up one of those 2 types or just simply don't want to watch others do so.

And it's so... easily... fixed.

We already have it so that a rank is required to grab the flag. Make it so either a rank is required to place badges (make a new "time out" rank if needed), or allow AM/mages to place a checkmark or x over each spot on the map, x's disallowing people from placing badges. Or more loosely still allow badges, but at least the mark would make it clear to people those spots aren't the plan, and badges only get put there when someone needs their participation counted.

Or hell, get rid of that part altogether. Would it really be that terrible if an FS wants to allow leeches? The prizes suck anyway. Even the 3rd place trophy isn't as good as a 2x2 of rainbow flower cages. It's like Glengarry Glen Ross.
"As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anybody wanna see second prize? Second prize's a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Let groups decide to kick their own leeches if they want. Then you get the added bonus of not needing to even try and keep track of this "should we hit the flag yet? Did everyone get in?" nonsense.

I don't understand these choices Inno makes for this, and that's from a business perspective. Why make something in a way that makes people quit your game, when the alternatives are so much easier. Win-win all around. And I can understand if adding code like a check or x over spots might take time but these other suggestions wouldn't.

And if your group doesn't have people quitting over FAs, congrats! ...but that doesn't change a thing when it comes to what Inno should want, which is less people quitting and more people more engaged and more excited about each type of event.

DeletedUser7421

Not all fellowships have 30 active people - yes too difficult and better rewards are required.

DeletedUser20492

My fs has 23 members, but only 5 or 6 active players. With only 3 participating in the fa. We completed stage 2, but we worked our hinnies off. I agree that the rewards aren't impressive. Inno can and should fix this. On a related-ish note. How do you get rid of inactive players?

Katiana Elroden

I would like to see some blue diamonds as a reward for completing each stage. Ex: 5 diamonds to each participant who provided at least 10 badges to each stage. Or something like that. Maybe for the top 100 fellowships award individual ranking points to participants Instead of just to the fellowship. Some people are motivated by their individual ranking as well as their fellowship ranking. Or give 1 ranking point for each badge placed by a participant. Their idea is to give each individual an incentive to become part of the team

obeyusa

I would like to see some blue diamonds as a reward for completing each stage. Ex: 5 diamonds to each participant who provided at least 10 badges to each stage. Or something like that. Maybe for the top 100 fellowships award individual ranking points to participants Instead of just to the fellowship. Some people are motivated by their individual ranking as well as their fellowship ranking. Or give 1 ranking point for each badge placed by a participant. Their idea is to give each individual an incentive to become part of the team
FA ranking points go away at the end of the FA, so I assume you'd also like FA ranking points to be permanent. Individual ranking points for FA is a slippery slope that takes away from INNO trying to force us to work as a team vs a single player, but I really like the diamond idea.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
FA ranking points go away at the end of the FA, so I assume you'd also like FA ranking points to be permanent. Individual ranking points for FA is a slippery slope that takes away from INNO trying to force us to work as a team vs a single player, but I really like the diamond idea.
The top Fellowships do get a permanent bump to their fellowship ranking from the FA.

SgtPepper189

Better prizes, yes. The tourney rewards are awesome and we look forward to them, but the FA rewards leaves much to be desired.