• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Make game less tedious to play, please!

DeletedUser1306

I think higher priority should be given to make the game less tedious to play.
Here are a few examples.

1. Too many clicks to "neighborly help"
a. fellowship 6-7 clicks: click fellowship, click members tab, may need to advance to next page, click on member, click on visit castle, click on neighborly help, click build to help.
b. neighbors 4 clicks: click on neighbor castle, click neighborly help, click building, click on map to be ready for next castle.
I have a 25 member fellowship, 80 discovered neighbors. With some overlap, roughly 100 castles to visit. I would be great to reduce total click to 1 to 2 clicks. For example, add neighborly help to overland menu, and fellowship member menu. Allow player to configure neighborly help default priority. We can also add option to 1-click boost all members, 1-click boost all neighbors.

2. Too many clicks to cycle through Sideline quests.
This Sideline quest feature desperately need better UI design. I don't want to spend 5 minutes click through to find my quest, when the game can easily make it a drop down list to choose from.
3-click to abandon each quest, I would need around 20x3 = 60 clicks, plus quest refresh wait time for each, to select a new quest. Tell me that is not bad design !

3. Easier castle plan and change.
Since this is a castle building game, moving building around and changing castle floor plan is the key to this game. You would want this to be fun, rather than tedious.
a. Swap space or Temporary platter: moving large building in game require large empty space. Since space is scarce, sometimes redesign is not possible due to lack of large empty swap space. For example, I had to wait for a week or 2 to move my main building from the default location to the cliff side, because of lack of swap space.
b. castle configuration save: rearranging to new castle configuration is fun. But retracting changes to previous setup is tedious. It would be great if castle configuration can be saved.

DeletedUser43

Those are great ideas Tonga, but unfortunately, two of them have been discussed and rejected.s

I agree completely about the quests. It is absurd and leads to a mind numbing click fest. But, they don't want you to do the quests repeatedly. They are making it as awful as they can on purpose.

I also agree about saving the configurations and about making it easier to move buildings around. But apparently, this would be too hard for them to do and they want you to have the challenge of needing space before you can move anything.

Since day one we have all complained about neighborly help being so tedious. I agree, anything that would make it better would be an improvement.

I really like your ideas Tonga. You seem to understand the biggest issues we have and you have presented excellent suggestions.

DeletedUser1306

Thanks Bobbykitty.

Regarding Sideline quests, I think the better alternative to making it tedious to play, and less fun, to discourage repeating quests, is to set a daily limit to repeatable quests. Too hard to code? Nah, you can do it, Innogames !

I like your some of your ideas, Katwijk.

DeletedUser61

I'd be quite happy with a simple "once-every-23-hours" limit on repeatable quests, similar to what we have with buff visits.

DeletedUser43

They tried that Tonga. It was a disaster. The entire site almost quit. It crippled the game for many players and people couldn't play that week at all. The game simply doesn't give enough resources for people who have advanced very far in this game. Not to mention, it becomes as exciting as watching paint dry.

DeletedUser1161

They tried that Tonga. It was a disaster. The entire site almost quit. It crippled the game for many players and people couldn't play that week at all. The game simply doesn't give enough resources for people who have advanced very far in this game. Not to mention, it becomes as exciting as watching paint dry.
This isn't WoW. If you are "crippled" without quests something is wrong with your city.

Neighborly help desperately needs changes and I'd love to be able to swap buildings. That would save a ton of time.

DeletedUser43

Aydenn, facts are facts. The entire site almost quit. Obviously, most players don't enjoy this game and won't play it without the quest system. You can learn from what happened or ignore it. You can accuse all the paying customers of doing it "wrong" but they won't stay and pay with the game without the quests. No customers, no game. Feel free to go around and tell everyone the "right" way they should play this game, but some of them might have their own ideas of what they think is enjoyable.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I hate running in the red, and I build accordingly. If I can't afford upgrades and how much resources it will take once it is done, I don't do it. The quests have not affected me even a little.

DeletedUser43

Yeah. When you try to negotiate one sector in a province and it costs you 30,000 combined goods....then you realize you need to build a lot of factories. The game isn't so hard before you hit that wall where negotiations are frightfully expensive and battles are laughable. Oh, it is hard and slow always, but once those costs hit the ceiling and you can't do anything else without another expansion because every building has been maxed out for weeks, and you are just staring at the same city day in and day out....it gets really boring.

Once you need all those goods for negotiating you are desperate to have lots of factories. And then that is when you simply don't have enough room for all the houses you need for all the population for those workshops. But, Inno knows that and that is why they like to sell you lots and lots of pretty culture buildings that also give you population. So, sure, you can buy your way out of difficulties in this game, but I like the challenge of trying to do it all without spending money (that I don't have anyway). ;)

DeletedUser1306

If this was beta, change without reserve. No problem.
But this is production that we paid money.

The build people choose, depend heavily on the available quests, and any change to quest.
And building is everything in this game.
By changing quests, you are changing the optimal build for people. Changing build is not easy.
I dismantled a range of buildings and chose other buildings to optimize my resource generation, balancing, culture population, and advancement.

A single addition of supply component to many quests, upset my quest completions. Previous change of quests removal and reward reduction did similar damage. It forced me to redo all the city planning.

I am not saying there shouldn't be any change, any balancing. But project manager of the game should know how people enjoy the game is very sensitive to quest changes. Plan accordingly. These big balancing changes should have been done in beta. In production, changes should be made at least with compensation for the damaging impact to the players. For example, give a few resource packages, and speed boost packages to allow impacted players modify their build due to damaging impact by changes. It is common sense.

I can promise you, if you guys do one more reckless upgrade like this past one, I will find another game, and take my friends with me from this game.

This game is not all about you guys making money at Innogames. Remember you guys make money by making the game enjoyable.