• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Make Resource Usage Pop-ups Click-Through

GoldenGoose

The Problem:
The resource usage/gain pop ups on the desktop version should allow clicking through to an item on the screen below them instead of acting like a solid UI item (as in you can not click through them) and having to wait for the pop-ups to disappear before you can access the building or the item below them. Not allowing them to be a click-through UI item ultimately serves no purpose other than to annoy players, and is likely easy to resolve.

Details:
This has been a long standing minor annoyance over the years I have been playing Elvenar, especially when it comes to completing provinces, however this issue also comes into play when completing mundane tasks such as upgrading buildings and starting productions in manufacturies (pop ups prevent access to other buildings). I (and likely many others) have had to tailor my own play style around this problem to avoid the inconvenience that it causes. I always make sure to complete any negotiations located in the upper right corner of a province first so that the increasingly long list of resource usage pop-ups do not prevent me from accessing those nodes.

Below I have included a screenshot showing a great example of this problem, and why I have had to tailor my playstyle around it. As you can see, the node is blocked by the pop-ups, and until they disappear, I am left waiting before I can finish the last node (please note that only 4 pop-ups are present in this picture instead of 8 since it took me a while to get a good screenshot).

Pop-ups blocking access to node below it:
ElvenarSuggestion2 (3).PNG

By making these pop-ups click-through, the game can avoid forcing newer players into inconvenient habits that ultimately should not be necessary, as well as contribute to what is already a functional UI.

Another example where you are prevented from accessing the checkbox in the corner:
1625269294684.png

Note that the above did not used to be an issue when the checkbox was in the middle of the menu.

This solution has already been implemented for the the pop-ups we get from starting certain productions such as in the Armory. In the picture below, you can see the resource usage pop-up after beginning a 12-hour orc production. I was successfully able to click through this pop-up and gain access to the Magic Academy below it unlike what happens when trying to click through the pop-ups at the top of the screen.

A similar pop-up that is currently click-through.
ElvenarSuggestion1.PNG

Conclusion:
In conclusion, I believe allowing these pop-ups to be click-through is a common sense, likely relatively easy to implement quality of life improvement that will benefit everyone, has no cons, and will enrich the game that much more.

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I agree and was even about to make the same observation/suggestion. The problem is the "floaters" (what I call them) occur at the point the building sits, then goes and "gets in line" to float up and, finally, disappear. I was told at one point that the floaters are there to tell you what you got in your collecting. I can see that might be a good thing, but how about having them "line up" at the far right of the screen. I mean when you collect something they ONLY line up at the bottom and slowly move up? That way they'd be out of the way of your work AND you'd still be able to see what you just collected. (Seriously, how many pay any attention to them, anyway?, LOL).

In any case, you have a great idea and I'm for changing something to avoid having to wait to check the multiple box when I'm setting a bunch of production runs....among all the other annoyances that come with these (mostly) useless things.

AJ

GoldenGoose

Seriously, how many pay any attention to them, anyway?, LOL

I actually pay attention to them when I am trying to figure out if I collected a broken shard and already had 10/10 collected. When that happens it says "+0", which let's me know that I need to go spend them before I continue in a tournament. I ultimately do not have an issue with the pop-ups (or floaters) existing, but having them get in the way like they currently do is simply annoying. If they were a little more transparent on top of allowing us to click through them, that may be helpful for multitasking as well, but making them to transparent would likely not look very good if nothing else changed.

how about having them "line up" at the far right of the screen

This could be interesting. I'm not sure of the best way to go about this to maintain the same aesthetic, but it would keep them out of the way. One possibility is to show the pop-ups above the chat window. On desktop, that area is not used very often, so it could be a nice, out of the way area to utilize. People who have different sized screen may run into issues with sizing of the area causing adittional issues, though.

With that said, I do not believe that Inno would go for changing the location of the pop-ups, but I do not think that allowing them to be clicked through is to much to ask at all.

Last edited:

Fayeanne

Yes please. As a note, this appears to affect the pop-ups that drop down from the top bar of the screen more so than the ones that float upward.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Yes please. As a note, this appears to affect the pop-ups that drop down from the top bar of the screen more so than the ones that float upward.

I agree that it is more annoying to have to wait for the line up to finish before you can check the box to produce multiples...very annoying. But if you have a large moonstone library farm, like I do, they cover up everything and you have to wait to see what can be collected...mana plants and gum trees are only a single square so there's a lot of them.

AJ

Palavyn

Try using the HOT KEYS 1-8 in this situation instead of clicking the circles. They are NOT blocked by the resource notification. If you find this comment useful, please go to my thread on hot keys and leave some positive feedback.