• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Make the wholesaler a solution to market good imbalance issues.

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1178646
  • Start date

BrinDarby

1/2 the imblance problem is a easy-peasy solve ....
Chg any bldg that gives a static good to a + , and only use +1 / +2
don't give players +0 unless in special cases like the manor set.
(why ever give the players thier boost, they already make that)

As CrazyWizard said, each server would have its own issues then, and thats
simply a factor of .... of the ppl that tried Evenar and stay'd, how bad is the
distribution of boosts .... if 100 of every combo of boosts start, and only
200 of those stay , and 100 of those all boost marble/crystal/dust , then
its expected there will be longterm imbalances in those goods.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Amazing.
So to be clear, you have 3 baby cities that all accomplish the same thing except just one of them profits at the expense of other players, and that is the one which makes you "proud"?
Gross dude.

"at the expense" of other players? How, pray tell, is my willingness to trade 1000 silk for 1200 crystal "at the expense" of others? Yes, they do pay, but they pay in every trade. That they are willing to pay 200 more crystal for their 1000 silk means that they are getting something besides the goods being traded. Maybe they need that 200 crystal to finish a province, negotiate a spire chest, or just don't want to wait five minutes or three hours or whatever, for their crystal. Are you saying they shouldn't consider their gaming needs when they trade? If so, then you'd have to support "NO 3-star trades" as well because that, too, is "at the expense" of one of the traders by your standards.

The thing is, in every trade there are things other than the strict interpretation that you are merely and only trading goods. You are also trading time, wishes, vision and all kinds of other, personal and perhaps idiosyncratic things. Do you really want a big brother looking over your shoulder telling you you shouldn't feel the way you feel about a trade because he thinks it's a bad deal? Do you really want a big brother saying "not only will I not let you make a mistake and take a bad deal, I'll be sure to keep all the bad deals out of site and punish anyone who might put one of those deals up!"

I'm sorry, most of us don't need a big brother to evaluate if a trade is in our best interest or not. If you don't like the high prices of this or that, make some of this or that and trade it at below the high price you hate. If you can't enlist some friends/fs members. It's just not that hard!

AJ

StarLoad

@ajqtrz, you are mistaken in the impression that Soggy's comments were directed to you, when in fact they were a direct response to BrinDarby, unless of course the BrinDarby account is yours, in which case I am wrong.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I like the idea. I doubt they will change anything though. They were trying for a couple of years to make the wholesaler the way it is now, but backed off a few times because of the backlash it caused in beta.
Since it has been mentioned I would like to add my 2 cents about 1 star trades. It was mentioned that it does not hurt anyone because everyone has a 700% boost so a 10% or 20% premium on a trade is fine. I would say that almost any player that would take that trade, are smaller players. Some that probably don't have 700% boost yet, as most medium to late game players have millions of goods and would not need to take that trade for any reason other then to help another player out. Also if you already have millions of goods why do you still want to make millions more from your trades. If you have your boost at 700% you are probably already making more then you need.
Also if there is a shortage of a certain good in your area and you produce that good, by adding a premium on that good you are actually compounding the problem by giving less of it. Do whatever trades you wish, but don't come here and say it has no lasting negative effects because I am pretty sure it does. I wonder how many new players have quit because they couldn't get the goods they desperately needed without paying a premium (and possibly a trader fee) to someone with millions of goods already in their inventories. Rant over, thanks for reading!

Last edited:

ajqtrz

@ajqtrz, you are mistaken in the impression that Soggy's comments were directed to you, when in fact they were a direct response to BrinDarby, unless of course the BrinDarby account is yours, in which case I am wrong.

Yeah, I know that. But my comment was about the idea of "at the expense of." It doesn't matter if that phrase is used and directed at a particular person as the phrase implies that somehow we shouldn't be trading "at the expense" of other. But all trades are at the expense of others. Others are paying for what we are offering and the expense they are paying seems, to them, in their circumstances, to be reasonable, even if they might think it costly. They decide to take the trade because they think it as good a trade as they are going to get at the time they take it.

@Sir Squirrel You are right that if you produce a good that is in shortage and then mark it up as much as the others doing the same you may be adding to the problem...however, as I've suggested many times, if you price it below the others, you move it faster and bring down the price. The answer to shortages is to flood the market with what is short, not make less, and to do so at below the current rate being asked. It's the size of the premium that has to be brought down to the point where the profit of a trade is too small to justify the effort by those who would try to do so.

AJ

Last edited:

Qybyrn

There are currently two solutions:
1. Join a good fellowship with active traders
2. Level a BTG as you said.

Deleted User - 1178646

There are currently two solutions:
1. Join a good fellowship with active traders
2. Level a BTG as you said.

This doesnt solve the issue,
If you are a bismut producer and you join a fellowship that prioritises your trades above that of any other player because you're a fellow that your issue is solved, but if all bismut users would join that fellowship the same issue applies.

also leveling BTG is currently not a solution in any way shape or form, unless you think a many to 1 trade is the solution.
unless you think the 5000 goods you can swap 1:1 a day at level 30 is enough to get you to 300K of what you need.

The second trade is already a 1.5:1 or 2:1 (i destroyed my level 30 BTG so I can't look it up anymore) trade so for the second would be 7500: 5000 or 10.000 :5000 and after that it only gets worse.
This is why the wholesaler in it's current form is ok to get rid of your coins / supplies. because something is better than nothing. but for sentient it doesn't do anything.

And sentient with it's global market and with it's decay rate are the place where imbalance has the greatest negative effect in the game.

defiantoneks

another solution to the imbalance would actually be to increase the number of buildings that provide nonboosted goods.
i've benefitted a lot from the Active Crevice from the last event. My boosts are steel/scrolls/dust/gum/velvet/bismuth.
so aside from generous FS members who happen to be above me and willing to trade as needed, i'm hosed on getting decent trade deals. the Crevice gives me over 21k more moonstone per day to trade with. does it fix all of my trade issues? no. but it makes things just a bit easier with the ability to flex in those trades here & there.

If there were new buildings that mirrored this effect (as someone suggested above, in a way) there would be a progressive rebalancing as we all play and earn those buildings.

Deleted User - 1178646

another solution to the imbalance would actually be to increase the number of buildings that provide nonboosted goods.
i've benefitted a lot from the Active Crevice from the last event. My boosts are steel/scrolls/dust/gum/velvet/bismuth.
so aside from generous FS members who happen to be above me and willing to trade as needed, i'm hosed on getting decent trade deals. the Crevice gives me over 21k more moonstone per day to trade with. does it fix all of my trade issues? no. but it makes things just a bit easier with the ability to flex in those trades here & there.

If there were new buildings that mirrored this effect (as someone suggested above, in a way) there would be a progressive rebalancing as we all play and earn those buildings.

It might solve your issue, but what about those that lack the buildings, what about those that just reached those sentient levels? T4, T5 or T6?
Because that is the time where my new events might be able to give me such a building.
So, it might actually worsen the situation.

I have a set that gives me 500K+ T1 a day, nicely divided between marble, planks and steel.

Guess how often you find me on the market for T1 goods?
Once per year?
So I have been eliminated from the market for T1 because I get non-boosted goods.

You are not just improving the issue of some boosted players, you also eliminate very much desired goods to enter the market because a producer does no longer need you.

BrinDarby

@BrinDarby Just a question: Is there a reason you change FS so often?
I don't ... and have basically been in 2 FSs, 1 emploded so I switched.
I have been there ever since.... I thought it was common in the beginning
to try a few before you get the right fit .... and 1 I was in, for a whole 10 min.

ajqtrz

.... and 1 I was in, for a whole 10 min.

A whole 10 minutes! You ticked them off that fast?! LOL! (Just kidding, I actually assume you left of your own accord. Even I don't seem to be able to tick people off that fast.)

AJ

defiantoneks

I get where you'd coming from @CrazyWizard … but isn't that the point of the whole discussion? there's an imbalance. so some people have a corner on the market. by sharing out the goods they have cornered, their "trader" practices hurt fewer players. if the goods were balanced it would be a non-issue. like i said, as someone on the bad side of nearly every imbalance possible, i'm looking for something that helps me (and others like me) so we can actually complete the game quests. honestly whatever solution that is, i don't really care. what i know is, i play for the game and companionship of my FS peeps, not to compete against other players who have nothing better to do than hurt someone else's progress.

Silver Lady

@BrinDarby Thanks for indulging my curiosity. I guess I’m just unusually lucky in that regard. In the 3 cities I run I’ve never had to change FS. Granted in 1 city I founded the FS, but the others I joined existing and have been very happy In all of them. (Knock on wood!) :)

BrinDarby

@ajqtrz ,
Well I cannot hide which FS that was, but lets just say
I had disagreement with Henroo that was unresolvable
so he kick'd me.... I hold NO ill will against him or his FS.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@ajqtrz ,
Well I cannot hide which FS that was, but lets just say
I had disagreement with Henroo that was unresolvable
so he kick'd me.... I hold NO ill will against him or his FS.
I did not kick you. You left. It is true we disagreed about trade policy and that was probably not going to be resolved. But I was perfectly willing to let you finish out the spire/tournament cycle we were in the middle of before parting ways. You opted not to.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have a set that gives me 500K+ T1 a day, nicely divided between marble, planks and steel.
What set is this? I am guessing it is one of the old ones that predates when I started playing, because I have never heard of anything this good.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I did not kick you. You left. It is true we disagreed about trade policy and that was probably not going to be resolved. But I was perfectly willing to let you finish out the spire/tournament cycle we were in the middle of before parting ways. You opted not to.
Ugh really? Thanks for sharing Henroo.