• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Make the wholesaler a solution to market good imbalance issues.

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1178646
  • Start date

larbby

NO, that would only make the problem a lot worse:

Those producing soap or shrooms would then need to produce less cause they can buy bismuth at discount. And those producing bismuth would need to produce more as they sell with a loss. So we would end up with even more bismuth and less soap/shrooms!!!!!!
This suggestion basically turns 2* trades into 3* and compensates for the difference in value for free... How is that worse?
When someone offers some of the less wanted goods as a 2* trade, the trader automatically increased the amount offered and the person who posted the trade will only be deducted the amount they put in for 2*.

BrinDarby

@Enevhar Aldarion ,
its 1:8 and 8:1 in conjunction with 1 : 1.5 : 2.25 ....
While yes 2.25*8 = 18 , its not a 1:18 trade when the value of 1 good
is different than another ....

1000 T3 = 1500 T2 = 2250 T1 ... all those values are still 1:1 ...

Ariel Greensleeves

Does anyone have the stat charts for all the pieces of the moonstone library? I am considering upgrading the mana producers when I reach ch. 9, but I don't know the cost/benefit analysis. I have one mana plant that is ch. 3

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@Ariel Greensleeves In my opinion upgrading your mana plants is a no brainer since they produce nearly twice as much per square (when laid out correctly) as anything else. As an alternative you can watch for them in the MA and craft them at your current chapter level.

AJ

StarLoad

Does anyone have the stat charts for all the pieces of the moonstone library? I am considering upgrading the mana producers when I reach ch. 9, but I don't know the cost/benefit analysis. I have one mana plant that is ch. 3
Since they are just 1 RR to update they are a no-brainer if you have them. Also when you get a Quest to upgrade a BLDG to 5 or more these are perfect to do and finish that part of a Quest in 10 Sec

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
As they are now ‘one per person’ she would have to sell/frag every one she currently has before there would be any chance that the recipe would show up in the MA.

You are right. I had forgotten that since I never crafted any of mine. Thanks.

AJ

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
This suggestion basically turns 2* trades into 3* and compensates for the difference in value for free... How is that worse?
When someone offers some of the less wanted goods as a 2* trade, the trader automatically increased the amount offered and the person who posted the trade will only be deducted the amount they put in for 2*.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I hadn't seen that the game added extra goods whenever someone put up trades. So if I understand you correctly this time then it will be possible for 2 players to gain extra goods just by trading back and forth between bismuth and soap?

larbby

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I hadn't seen that the game added extra goods whenever someone put up trades. So if I understand you correctly this time then it will be possible for 2 players to gain extra goods just by trading back and forth between bismuth and soap?

I see what you mean. Its would not be possible for 2 players to get extra goods by trading back and forth. Assuming, bismuth is the goods no one wants/needs, if you place a 2* trade offering 100 bismuth and asking for soap, the system will change it to offset the imbalance so it will:
1. Automatically accept the trade, no waiting
2. Deduct 100 bismuth from the player that offered
3. Posts a new trade with the amounts corrected for imbalance i.e. 100 bismuth for 90 soap or 110 for 100
4. The system adds the missing 10 soap to its own inventory

We are using 10% here as an example, the actual amount will be set by the trader according to the calculated goods imbalance. Remember the suggestion is for 2* straight trades only. We are not asking the trader to adjust imbalance in cross trades or any other rating than 2* nor are we asking to auto accept any other trade than straight 2 star.

This is kind of like the stock market, the seat has to fill all trades offered at ask price. I'm not sure if it's best to have this work only when the offer is goods that are worth less or if to do it for all 2* trades regardless.

So far, this is the cleanest solution I have seen for the goods imbalance issue. It solves the waiting on trades to be accepted and it lets everyone know what the fair market value of the goods are.

Since this solution differs from the one this thread is on, although it address the same issue, should I post it separately? Not sure how the rules go for this.

Last edited: