• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Make Unused Time from Time Boosters Available for Future Qed Tasks

Tehya1

A lot of time is lost when using time boosters that ae too big for a given task. For example, if I feed my brown bear, I will use time boosters to make the most of the extra troop numbers that it provides per recruit q. Another example is the need to produce supplies or goods quickly for events, spire, or the upcoming FA. If I have 5, 5 hour time boosters on qs that add up to 4 hours, which is usually the case for recruiting, at least at my level, I am losing 5 hours, or the equivalent of one 5 hr booster. My suggestion is that any time left after the use of a time booster be left in the q (rercuiting, crafting, goods, etc) for the next task. I know that this can be done as it is the norm in all of the other builder/strategy games that I play.

The one area where this might be problematic is the spire, but even there, if a booster is used to get past a barrier and the booster is bigger than the timer, the extra time left over could be applied to the next barrier or cool down spot.

Losing the emainder of a time booster spell is kind of a big deal for newer players like myself who don't have as many resources for acquiring the boosters. the time lost when you have a 4 hr job and you only have a 5 hr booster is significant.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It already does this for some things. If you have 5 CC in queue to produce, in a level 5 MA, so 6 hours each, or 30 hours total, using an 8-hour time booster will complete the first CC and take 2 hours off the time for the next CC. It works the same in troop production when you have more than one slot filled. The others would not work because you cannot queue up factory or workshop productions.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I like it, not much downside and it would feel less wasteful (I use 5h timers on 4.5h crafting constantly)
This is just the format that has been asked of us, but is not strictly enforced, so you can use it if you wish.
Summary:
Allow time booster excess to carry over to the next task that is queued so that using a 5h timer on a 4h task doesn't waste 1h.

Motive:

For smaller cities with shorter production times, the timers that are earned as rewards (such as 5h ones) are impractical since barracks queues and such are shorter than 5h even when filled.

Details:

After using a timer boost instant the remaining time(if any) would act as a building buff which would be consumed the next time production is started.

Possible downsides:

Balancing changes e.g. 5x2h timers currently have a higher value than 2x5h timers due to the issue that this proposal is attempting to address.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Not for small players where the total of all filled slots is under 5h and they have a 5h instant. That's what the OP is attempting to address.

Hm, in that case it would probably be the same issue as trying to get back time from anything where there is no queue at all. I just don't see how they could code this to work. What we need instead is a way to change bigger time boosters into smaller time boosters. Give me a way to convert that 5-hour booster into 5 1-hour boosters and I would be happy.

Tehya1

Hm, in that case it would probably be the same issue as trying to get back time from anything where there is no queue at all. I just don't see how they could code this to work.
Coding it can't be that hard. All of the other builder games that I have played have done it. I can put you in contact with a developer who is developing a new game and who put time speed up items in as feature starting in alpha. The game is in Beta 4 now.

I don't undestand what you mean by getting back time. My idea, and this is not a new idea with games in general, is to use a booster, either in on unit q, or a production building, and it stays active until it is used up. I just used the unit recuit as an example. Here is another. You have an event that asks you to make x number of advanced tools, which take 3 hrs, but again, you only have 5 hr boosts. You use them on that building and they build the first one with 2 hrs left for the next.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I don't see the need as you remove a strategy aspect to the game. I see even less chance of the devs agreeing with this. The concepts are similar to having multiple times for production and they have stated previously lost time is not a factor for them when people have asked for a change in timers to be more convenient. Instants are a similar concept, you use the best one for the purpose whether it is too big or too small.

For me its part of the strategy and inventory management.

BrinDarby

I agree with @Mykan , If you do alot of the spire, you have tons
of 5hr boosters, so inventory mgmt is key...

1st off, most of the time trade a 5hr, for a 8/14/20hr in MA.
2nd, craft as many 2/1hr 30/15/10min boosters as you can.

Me personally, every craft in MA, I boost so its an instant craft.
You'd think I would run outta boosters, nope..... Even tho I use
alot boosting FFs in the spire + MA, I still have more than I can
use just thru buildup....

way too often a 3.5hr-5.5hr MA craft, I just use a 5hr booster.

Give me a way to convert that 5-hour booster into 5 1-hour boosters and I would be happy.
Easy Peasy, in MA 7x 1hr craft costs 4.5hrs & 2 cats,
just use a 5hr booster.... instant conversion......