• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Making the game more welcoming to new players

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Semi regular help from a neighbour that a new player can't reach can be a significant factor in a them sticking around. Since helping all neighbors is tedious on the browser, and even on mobile once you have two or three hundred of them, I suggest a "help all remaining neighbours" function that can be used daily. Selecting the function activates help for everyone you've discovered, but gets you no coins, supplies, or help chests. It is pure help, spreading a little goodwill in the hopes of strengthening the neighbourhood bonds

DeletedUser20951

A slew of residence upgrades has been gobbling up coin later and I've had to visit EVERYBODY (THIS IS MIND-NUMBING AND I DON'T WANNA DO IT NO MORE), but normally I only hit up those I suspect are active, likely missing some, and that bothers me. I'd love the ability to cover my bases in this manner.

Vergazi

Semi regular help from a neighbour that a new player can't reach can be a significant factor in a them sticking around. Since helping all neighbors is tedious on the browser, and even on mobile once you have two or three hundred of them, I suggest a "help all remaining neighbours" function that can be used daily. Selecting the function activates help for everyone you've discovered, but gets you no coins, supplies, or help chests. It is pure help, spreading a little goodwill in the hopes of strengthening the neighbourhood bonds
+1

DeletedUser9601

I'll support this if there's also a "help all remaining players, but if they have never helped you, only help their non-preferred help request (e.g., MH if culture)." Then and only then I'll give you a precious +1...

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I would rather just see a "help all active players" button, even if their criteria to determine that were looser than that used by elvenstats, say if Inno considered anyone logging in during the past three months as "active". Even if Inno could just put an "active" tag on everyone on the map, so that I could manually help all the smaller players who cannot visit me back yet, though seeing someone not in a fellowship is a good indicator that they no longer play. Yes, some players never join fellowships, but it is a very small percentage of the overall player base.