• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mana and sediment

DeletedUser26243

Wanting to know what is harder to get mana or sediment? Does this depend on your boosts which one u will produce my boosts rite now r planks silk n gems almost done with fairy’s. The reason I’m asking is the daily prizes in new event the active crevice gives mana n the astral crevice gives sediment so just wondering which to go for? As I understand elixir changes to mana ? What changes into sediment? Crystals? Thanks for the help

Gath Of Baal

Sediment?? Do you mean Seeds?

Mana and seeds are game mechanics that are introduced Woodelf and Halfling chapters. From those points and on you will always need them.

Your boosts have nothing to do with how much Mana or Seeds you produce. During or after the Orc chapter you will need to pretty much replace any straight culture buildings with Culture/Mana producer like the Weeping Willows.

I would go for Mana producers first since you will need that first. There should be another event before you need Seeds, So you still have some time

Gath Of Baal

Please there are many better Mana producers out there like the Festval Merchant from the MA

Not everyone has them or might not have the resources to craft them . I gave an example of what could be used, you know the free one you can build that works just fine

Last edited:

Iyapo1

astral crevice gives sediment
Sentient! Gotta love auto correct! I am also in fairies. I am grabbing 1 active crevice and putting the rest into astral crevices. I go slow so I can bring them with me...it is a lot of RRs so I may decide against them. But they are great sentient goods producers so I want them in inventory.

Last edited:

Iyapo1

Not everyone has them or might not have the resources to craft them . I gave an example of what could be used, you know the free one you can build that works just fine
Everyone has access to the resources needed to craft Festival Merchants in the MA except players in the first 2 chapters. The "free ones" you can build in the builder menu are much worse per square than the "free ones" you can craft in the Magic Academy.

Gath Of Baal

Everyone has access to the resources needed to craft Festival Merchants in the MA except players in the first 2 chapters. The "free ones" you can build in the builder menu are much worse per square than the "free ones" you can craft in the Magic Academy.

I do understand the efficiency of one over the other. The weeping Willow is always there to build and is not dependent on waiting for the recipe to show up, I used the weeping willows myself and they worked just fine for me. now I only use 12 Mana Huts and my Dragon Abby for all my mana needs

and again

you will need to pretty much replace any straight culture buildings with Culture/Mana producer like the Weeping Willows.

Please there are many better Mana producers out there like the Festval Merchant from the MA

Yes I know this

I used the Weeping Willows as an easy example of a Culture / Mana building

Iyapo1

@Gath Of Baal
Weeping willows are bad advice. Pretty advice but really a bad choice. They are massive and inefficient.
Besides someone like the OP who is already looking at mana and sentient goods has plenty of Festival Merchants in inventory already.

Gath Of Baal

@Gath Of Baal
Weeping willows are bad advice. Pretty advice but really a bad choice. They are massive and inefficient.
Besides someone like the OP who is already looking at mana and sentient goods has plenty of Festival Merchants in inventory already.

Yep in the future I will endeavor to give a better more efficient example of a mana / culture building

Iyapo1

I think I was confused....

The Active crevice gives sentient goods? And the astral gives mana....? Or vice-versa?

I want several of the one that gives sentients...I thought that was astral but I just read that that is active?

Can sentient chapter players check and let me know which is which please

Gladiola

@nativedeer depending on your current chapter it might take a lot of upgrades to get the buildings available in events now to produce sentient goods or mana. For example, I am (almost) in chapter 5. To upgrade a 3x4 building I receive now to produce mana in the Woodelves chapter, I would need 4x12 or 48 Royals Restorations. I'll probaby have many chances between now and when I'm in Woodelves to win buildings that will be just as good at producing mana without the use of Royal Restorations. (Or like mana hut be better with the use of the same or fewer RRs.)

Planning ahead is very useful in Elvenar, but sometimes it involves planning to wait. I did pick up a crevice just in case I want it later, but i probably won't place it.

The Unbeliever

@nativedeer depending on your current chapter it might take a lot of upgrades to get the buildings available in events now to produce sentient goods or mana. For example, I am (almost) in chapter 5. To upgrade a 3x4 building I receive now to produce mana in the Woodelves chapter, I would need 4x12 or 48 Royals Restorations. I'll probaby have many chances between now and when I'm in Woodelves to win buildings that will be just as good at producing mana without the use of Royal Restorations. (Or like mana hut be better with the use of the same or fewer RRs.)

Planning ahead is very useful in Elvenar, but sometimes it involves planning to wait. I did pick up a crevice just in case I want it later, but i probably won't place it.
Whether or not using RR's to pull good buildings across multiple chapters depends entirely on how fast or slow a player will proceed through the chapters...

Myself for example, I move at a glacial pace. Because I can stretch out my researches & provinces to camp out for a year+ in every chapter if I want to, I can amass a stockpile of RR's that will likely never be fully used up!;)
On the other hand, a player who speeds through chapters as fast as possible will obviously have to be extremely choosey with where they spend any RR's they have, thus, carrying event buildings from one chapter to the next is far less feasible.

A lot will also depend on if a player can get into an active 10-chest fellowship or not, as those who do, will earn 52 blueprints per year.
If you pace yourself at say 2-3 chapters per year, that should potentially still leave maybe 10-20 or so for crafting into an extra 100-200 RR's, depending on how many magic buildings really need to be upgraded per completed chapter. (ie: magic workshops can generally work just fine even if you leave them 1 chapter below your current chapter.)

Gladiola

@The Unbeliever even at a glacial pace the early chapters progress fairly quickly. I'm a bit of a turtle, and I will have completed chapter 4 in about a month. I am in a 10-chest fellowship (sometimes even 11, with an extra RR), but I have been using blueprints to make phoenix artifacts. I currently have 42 RRs in my inventory. Sixteen will for sure be used to upgrade my fire phoenix when I enter chapter 5; this event hasn't been great for acquiring cultural buildings, so I might throw some RRs at a Fairy Sand Garden or I might just wait for the next event.