• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mana and Seeds in later chapters

DeepTerminal

I'm just finished Halflings and starting Elementals (Ch. 12), and so far both mana and seeds are in short supply. I remember seeing someone say that in the 2 latest chapters (Elvenar and Embassies), mana is not really needed that much, and that seeds are required in huge quantities. Is this true? At which points does mana become less useful, if ever? (I'm mainly talking about research tree and goods productions, not the Spire.) Thanks!

Deleted User - 4646370

From my experience, mana isn't much needed in chapter 14 and after. Cjapter 15 research requires a lot of sentient goods, which need seeds to produce. Seeds in chapter 16 are mainly needed for upgrades.

T6583

Mana isn’t that big of an issue past Amuni. There are some techs or upgrades that need a decent amount but it’s easy to get. Especially if you have a DA. Just throw down a bunch of spells and you got it. My biggest problem in the later chapters was Orcs. In Ch 15 you need massive amounts of them for upgrades. In Ch 16 one of the techs asks for 250k of Orcs. It took me awhile to recover and keep up with Orc production between Ch 15-16. But I really struggled in 15. Built an extra armory and crafted every orc nest I could. Now in Ch. 16 massive amounts of seeds are needed for upgrades. My stash of over 350k is now around 23k. I still have a lot of upgrades to do.

Marilyn*43

Mana isn’t that big of an issue past Amuni. There are some techs or upgrades that need a decent amount but it’s easy to get. Especially if you have a DA. Just throw down a bunch of spells and you got it. My biggest problem in the later chapters was Orcs. In Ch 15 you need massive amounts of them for upgrades. In Ch 16 one of the techs asks for 250k of Orcs. It took me awhile to recover and keep up with Orc production between Ch 15-16. But I really struggled in 15. Built an extra armory and crafted every orc nest I could. Now in Ch. 16 massive amounts of seeds are needed for upgrades. My stash of over 350k is now around 23k. I still have a lot of upgrades to do.
Are orcs needed after the Elementals chapter??

Pheryll

Set Designer
Different chapters have different focuses. In chapter 20, for example, mana is heavily used for guest race production; and a large number of orcs are needed for all the guest race ensembles. There really isn't any lasting guidance for what will not be used, as the patterns can change with each new chapter.

defiantoneks

i had over 8 million mana going into Exiles. it all vanished quickly. Guest race roads use 450k per tile. all productions use either seed or mana.
and as you go higher, your AW upgrades will also require larger and larger amounts.

free-spirit

I've finished chapter 20. I have a level 35 Dragon Abbey and ran my enchantments from thousands of each to 0 for the last few chapters. Many of our FS members added the Maze to their city because of the amount of mana needed.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I've finished chapter 20. I have a level 35 Dragon Abbey and ran my enchantments from thousands of each to 0 for the last few chapters. Many of our FS members added the Maze to their city because of the amount of mana needed.
My main mana generator is my four frost carved Christmas trees. With a double link each they are around the densest mana production you can find.

free-spirit

My main mana generator is my four frost carved Christmas trees. With a double link each they are around the densest mana production you can find.
I have 2 Forbidden ruins and a sorcerer's feast, but aside from that, I don't really use culture buildings. Those give 110000 mana daily, not even a drop in the bucket for ch20.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I've got those same buildings with the same mana results @free-spirit. Guessing you're looking at Ch16 numbers because I'm getting about the same amount of mana from them daily. They're great!
I can only dream I had been smart/attentive enough to get more of the frost carved Christmas trees when they came out. That one mana making machine gives me 92,000 mana per day in 18 squares. Guess I just need to be thankful I have the one...