• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mana Decay & Time of Decay Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser473

Two issues:

First: The Time that the game shows when the mana will decay is still wrong. You already replied to it in support case to me and have stated it as a known issue but I didn't find it here and it's still not fixed. ( Edit: Did just find a thread about it but it's still not fixed)

The 2nd issue: The amount of Mana Decay is wrong! I have 1991 mana but it says it's going to decay 226 mana. That's OVER the 10% (199) but I also have the Maze of Dark Matter and it should only be decaying 8.8%. (175) This may have started after I built the new Ancient Wonder.

What is up with your programmers making such huge errors that always seem to mess with us? I lost several hundred apprentices for yet another simple fix that shouldn't have happened in the first place as was a known Beta Issue but we had to deal with it being released even though you knew. That's what Beta is for.. to FIX known issues before releasing to main worlds! I wanted to post this here instead of straight support as one can't see how much or when mana will decay once you've finished the tech tree. This is another issue that should be resolved and this information should be available someplace else. If it already is, please let me know where.My main hall is fully upgraded and once the tech tree is finished there's no place to see it.

Please see attached image

Has nothing to do with my browser etc so not giving that information as it's bad programming and in your game.

Attachments

• Mana_Decay_Wrong.jpg
    Mana_Decay_Wrong.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 89
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3640

Did just find a thread about it but it's still not fixed)

It usually takes them about 2-3 months to fix something.
The 2nd issue: The amount of Mana Decay is wrong! I have 1991 mana but it says it's going to decay 226 mana. That's OVER the 10% (199) but I also have the Maze of Dark Matter and it should only be decaying 8.8%. (175) This may have started after I built the new Ancient Wonder.

Just double-checked my decay amount. Seems to be in order. Looks like it's indeed AWs fault...which is hilarious.
That's what Beta is for..

Nowadays for many devs BETA is just an excuse for making awful decisions and releasing something incomplete/unfinished. So they can always reply with - shut up, our product (game) was tested.

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I 2nd everything you've said here.

DeletedUser473

Support replied although it's not settled. My original image showed a negative (In red) amount of mana. Of course that's what they replied to and said it was a display error and to disconnect the AW then reconnect. It seems to have fixed the negative amount, number showing in red but did NOT fix the actual amount of mana that's going to be decayed. They did tell me I was never in a negative amount and gave me amounts that I decayed but didn't give me the initial amounts I had to know that I only decay 8.8%. Here's new image without the red but still showing more than 10% decay.

Attachments

• Mana_Decay_Wrong_still.jpg
    Mana_Decay_Wrong_still.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 62

edeba

That is absolutely a huge error... They've used the wrong operation in the calculation so instead of an improvement they've given a penalty.

1991*10% = 199

199 X 8.8/10 = 175

199 x 10/8.8 = 226

It should be 175, and because of using a reverse operation they've programmed a penalty instead of a benefit and that's where the 226 is coming from.

DeletedUser473

That is absolutely a huge error... They've used the wrong operation in the calculation so instead of an improvement they've given a penalty.

1991*10% = 199

199 X 8.8/10 = 175

199 x 10/8.8 = 226

It should be 175, and because of using a reverse operation they've programmed a penalty instead of a benefit and that's where the 226 is coming from.
Yep, you hit the nail on the head... I wasn't being so generous in pointing out their obvious math error. lol As FYI - I disconnected the Maze of Dark Matter again today to see if it would fix things. Amount of mana I have is showing in RED again (as a negative amount) and it won't go away no matter what I do; disconnect it / refresh/ connect / refresh etc... It's still giving the wrong decay amount and I'm losing more than 10%.

They need to have another place where one can ALWAYS see the decay amount and time so errors can be checked for. This possibly wouldn't have been caught for a very long time. It would have shown to many once a new tech tree comes up. I only was able to see it because I didn't 'finish' the squad size upgrade 32 as I was waiting to see them fix the other time error.

Arkadia

I do not have the Maze, and the amount of Mana to decay is correctly displayed (never checked if it's deducting the correct amount though), however the time is incorrect.
It shows 3.5 hrs and my mana usually decays at 1 am PT, which is in 11.5 hrs
go figure...

but I agree, we should be able to find that info even after our MH maxed

DeletedUser473

I do not have the Maze, and the amount of Mana to decay is correctly displayed (never checked if it's deducting the correct amount though), however the time is incorrect.
It shows 3.5 hrs and my mana usually decays at 1 am PT, which is in 11.5 hrs
go figure...

but I agree, we should be able to find that info even after our MH maxed
The mana decay shows correctly and seems to work fine if you don't have the new Ancient Wonder. It also goes back to 10% decay if you disconnect the Ancient Wonder but the amount of mana you have continues to show in red always now. If someone has the new AW then they need to decide if it's worthwhile to keep it connected or not and incur the bigger loss of mana decay.

The incorrect time being shown is and has been a known issue for awhile. It will probably take at least a month or more for that one to be fixed since it was a known issue before the last update if I remember correctly. It doesn't seem to be of any kind of priority to fix, like many other bugs in the past.

A new thread should probably be made under suggestions for them to create someplace one can always see their mana decay amount and time no matter if they've finished the last tech tree and upgraded fully of their main hall.

Arkadia

I dont have the Maze, and my mana shows red too - just fyi

As for the display...i guess when u dont need mana (after all techs n MH upgrades done) no need to keep track of decay...but thats just my opinion

DeletedUser473

I dont have the Maze, and my mana shows red too - just fyi

As for the display...i guess when u dont need mana (after all techs n MH upgrades done) no need to keep track of decay...but thats just my opinion
Thanks for the heads up on your mana showing red too. It shouldn't.

You may still need mana, in my case for the lore streets and to upgrade the last squad size upgrade (needs 45k mana) There's no reason not to give it as more information is always better. But that's my opinion :) Before S&D we had people in the fs asking for decay time as they could no longer see it. I'm sure they had their reasons for asking.

DeletedUser473

I can confirm this morning that it's a visual in game error and not an error in the function of the game. :) I decayed the correct amount of 8.8% (269) even though the game 'showed' is should have been more. (see image) A fellowship mate with one at 8.4% also confirmed the correct decay rate.

Support also confirmed it although they mentioned I never had 1991 mana which shows in my first image (of this thread). There's something going on with the overall display of things, included the mana being in red. Thankfully the game itself is working right and we're not losing more than we should.

Attachments

• mana_again.jpg
    mana_again.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 58

DeletedUser473

Why has this been moved to archive instead of confirmed since it HAS been confirmed by support?????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.