• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mana & Decay

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The idea is right but the math is wrong
OK, but I wasn't doing math, I was doing optimistic short-cutting. It's true that only about 65% of your day one collection is gone after 10 decays, but the stuff you collected the second day has also lost about 60%, etc.

On a purely ideal basis, your best strategy is to arrange to collect as much as you possibly can immediately after decay every day. On a return-for-effort basis, starting collection more than about 10 days before you need the mana is inefficient.

The caveat being that if your production isn't much greater than 1/10 of what you need for the next project, then it's never too early to start collecting. If your production is exactly 1/10 (or less) you will find yourself frustrated.

alainemk

Just to be
me

The idea is right but the math is wrong
it won't be 90% less because it is a decreasing amount each day
look at it like this
Day 1 100 - 10% = 90
Day 2 90 - 10% = 81
etc

@Fitress A good way to check decay time is look at the research tree
look at a current research item that requires Mana
Where it says " 100000 mana " hover over the "100000"
It will show you your current mana and next decay
such as 140000 next decay 2:00am

So if you notice decay is coming soon
delay harvesting mana

Thank you, mucksterme, this answered my question!

Hueanthar

look at a current research item that requires Mana
Where it says " 100000 mana " hover over the "100000"
It will show you your current mana and next decay
such as 140000 next decay 2:00am

On a PC, another place you can find your Mana “Decay Amount” and “Next Decay in” is on a building that requires Mana for its next upgrade. For instance, the Main Hall requires 160,000 Mana to upgrade to Level 23. Click on the Main Hall and select the “Upgrade” tab. Hover your mouse over the Mana icon or the amount of Mana needed, 160 K in this case. You will get a Mana pop-up window which shows “Available:”, “Decay Rate”, “Decay Amount” and “Next Decay in”.

Mana decays for me at 8:00 a.m. UTC. (I use UTC because Daylight Savings Time is never used there.) Although I do not know if all servers and cities are the same, those I have checked with in the U.S. and Canada decay at this same time.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Mana decays for me at 9:00 a.m. UTC. (I use UTC because Daylight Savings Time is never used there.) Although I do not know if all servers and cities are the same, those I have checked with in the U.S. and Canada decay at this same time.

Decay has always happened for me year round at 4:00 AM Eastern Time here in the US, regardless if it is Daylight Savings or regular time. So that should translate to local time based on time zone differences. It seems to be the only thing that never shifts by an hour, even temporarily, for beginning or end of Daylight Savings here.